• 107 results
Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

in the PS4 meeting, whom were you most scared of or was the creepiest? (337 votes)

Driveclub guy, aka "I want to sex all of the cars" 30%
Suckerpunch guy, aka "fuck tha police" 59%
one of the other motherfuckers 11%

Okay so we all liked the conference (except for cynics and PC master race assholes, seriously go look at the RPS comments to see a bunch of annoying 'well ON THE PC BLAH BLAH BLAH), but man some of those presenters were goddamn scary/creepy... personally for me it was driveclub guy. urk

I'm really only adding other because that second square enix guy looked like he wouldn't be out of place as the head of a local Yakuza branch and Ono looks way too jovial to not be hiding some deep, dark secret.

#51 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

I'd say it was a toss up. Drive Club guy was so utterly creepy about wanting to fuck cars, and Sucker Punch guy was super intense about everything.

#52 Edited by Cirdain (2957 posts) -

Was the new Infamous dude Keanu Reeves?! Or am I understandably confused? He looks and sounds like him to me but if not then who?

EDIT: Nope it's Troy Baker. I was being silly. Thanks @animasta:

#53 Edited by EuanDewar (4513 posts) -

the drive club guy didnt seem creepy at all to me. the gb crew played up his creepiness but talk to literally any british dude who is passionate about cars and he'll be like that guy.

#54 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

I didn't think the Suckerpunch guy was over the top or anything. I mean, I didn't think he was genuinely fearmongering or whatever; just pitching his game. I was, however, more interested in the fact that he was Karl Pilkington.

That eerily silent Bungie entourage with their hands we're fucking weird, though.

#55 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

@cirdain said:

Was the new Infamous dude Keanu Reeves?! Or am I understandably confused? He looks and sounds like him to me but if not then who?

Keanu Reeves?

it's Troy Baker silly

#56 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2353 posts) -

#57 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4655 posts) -

I had no issue with him. He was enjoyable to listen even if his game looks like it came from the late 90`s.

#58 Posted by Cirdain (2957 posts) -

I had no issue with him. He was enjoyable to listen even if his game looks like it came from the late 90`s.

Yeah he was coherent and "digestible"

#59 Edited by Zaccheus (1770 posts) -

I really liked Cerny even thought he did some really weird stuff with his eyes. The Driveclub guy was super creepy and the Sucker Punch dude was pretty scary in the way he acted. It's a toss up really.

#60 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1856 posts) -

Cerny talked up some serious shit in a way that gets me excited. Crazy eyes, but the dude is a great hype man. Especially in comparison to his DICE '02 talk that I found where he sounded nervous and unsure. He dropped some fucking knowledge in a digestible way here.

But really, the Suckerpunch guy was just confusing. I almost believed the "he's just some stranger" joke the Bombcrew was tossing out.

#61 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

I love how Cerny was constantly coming out of a fugue episode at the beginning of every paragraph on the teleprompter.

Driveclub guy seemed really jazzed about cars, but I got more the sense that one of the journalists there was going to be the victim of knife crime outside. Oy there mate watch'er cock there drop your grey-nurse or ya get sorted, awright move along.

#62 Posted by SlashDance (1758 posts) -

Cerny was great. I really hope they bring him back at E3.

#63 Edited by Ducksworth (656 posts) -

Shout out to the Watch Dogs guy who wanted me to invade the privacy of people. You weren't as freaky as Car guy or Mr.TearGas, but you certainly gave it your all.

#64 Posted by OppressiveStink (347 posts) -

None of those small men scared me, for I am not a coward.

#65 Posted by sixpin (1277 posts) -

Mr. TearGas was really off-putting. At first I thought he was just some bum that wondered in off the street to yell about the government and how the cops WON'T STOP HASSLIN' HIM!

#66 Posted by Gaff (1493 posts) -

Sucker Punch Guy.

He has the look of a man who's anti-globalisation beliefs landed him at a major partner of a multinational.

#67 Posted by jsnyder82 (685 posts) -

That Sucker Punch guy is a suicide note away from being on the evening news.

#68 Posted by Ennosuke (59 posts) -

I really found it creepy how the bungie guys did not move their arms!

#69 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4671 posts) -

DriveClub guy. Just imagine being locked in a room with him and he goes: "Do you want to see my cockpit?"

#70 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6077 posts) -

#71 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2494 posts) -

@animasta said:

@cirdain said:

Keanu Reeves?

it's Troy Baker silly

Wait, Kanji Tatsumi is in inFamous Second Son!?

Sold. (well, to be fair, they had me at "inFamous")

#72 Posted by Grimluck343 (1132 posts) -
@pr1mus said:

Scared of the Sucker Punch guy and creeped by the Drive Club guy.

I can deal better with a tin foil hat kind of guy than a sexual deviant.

But man... that goddamn look.

NO! QUIT STARING INTO MY SOUL!

#73 Posted by hidys (1028 posts) -

@animasta said:

@cirdain said:

Keanu Reeves?

it's Troy Baker silly

Wait, Kanji Tatsumi is in inFamous Second Son!?

Sold. (well, to be fair, they had me at "inFamous")

Man if Troy Baker being in a game makes you want to buy it goof like buying every game released.

#74 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

The Sucker Punch dude was something else. His silences were terrifying.

#75 Posted by Spuirrel (76 posts) -

I love them both.

#76 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2494 posts) -

@hidys: haha - Suckerpunch definitely has something to do with it too - but I, for one, don't mind Troy Baker in games at all.

That dude has some serious range.

#77 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I guess driveclub guy made me a little more uncomfortable, but I've always found car "enthusiasts" to be real weird.

Suckerpunch dude was just real jarring and his whole rant became kind of hilarious when I realized he was leading up to an inFamous reveal.

Also, he had to have been talking about the WTO protest right? I thought that was real funny all things considered. A little surprised Sony went along with it.

#78 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

Cerny is Sony's best kept secret. I had no clue who he was until the meeting.

#79 Posted by Cirdain (2957 posts) -

When that dude came on I said he was the new apoc-now Marlon Brando and searched the internet for that image to just look at.

Great minds.

#80 Edited by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

@donpixel: Those guy are all members of the jeans with blazer club, too.

Sucker Punch guy is my choice. He should have worn a sandwich-board warning "the end is nigh!"

Also he looked like Billy Corgan to me.

#81 Edited by Nightriff (4349 posts) -

Suckerpunch guy was awesome, it was so depressing and serious, it was therefore hilarious, sex car guy was ok but it did come off a little weird

#82 Posted by Superkenon (1191 posts) -

I was laughing most during Drive Club Guy, and he was also the creepiest.

#83 Posted by buft (3298 posts) -

Dude, Cerny was a delight to listen too but dude can pull a face that would make small children cry.

#84 Posted by Fattony12000 (6359 posts) -

I prefer my version of the shot. This was photographed with a 2008 iPhone 3G, whilst viewing my stunning 4:3 VGA TFT monitor.

#85 Posted by yinstarrunner (1171 posts) -

At least it was clear the driveclub guy was talking about a game he was passionate about.

I had no clue what the hell was going on when the suckerpunch guy started throwing out his conspiracy theories. I was legitimately confused. And also kind of... intrigued? I guess. But most confused and creeped out.

#86 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Drive club dude

#87 Posted by SkankinPacman (73 posts) -

I so hoped that the Sucker Punch was just some crazy fuck who wandered into the press conference and just started spouting crazy insane bullshit.

#88 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4030 posts) -

I so hoped that the Sucker Punch was just some crazy fuck who wandered into the press conference and just started spouting crazy insane bullshit.

That Sucker Punch guy was a classy dude..

#89 Posted by big_jon (5660 posts) -

@dagbiker said:

I liked how the Sukerpunch dude was trying to tell me how, the Man knows everything about me, and is probably screen capping my webcam as we speak only to later post it on 4chan. And then proceeded to sell me on the PS4s convective features, that will let me play with friends around the world, download games before I know I want them, or watch people who don't even know me play games. Yep, Ok.

That's how I felt, plus Infamous...

#90 Posted by LiquidPrince (15610 posts) -

The Sucker Punch guy was easily the creepiest to me. The tone of his speech clashed with everything prior and everything that followed.

#91 Posted by pieatorium (1 posts) -

Sucker punch dude by far.

#92 Edited by StarvingGamer (7570 posts) -

Do I just have a higher tolerance or something? Car guy just really liked cars and Sucker Punch guy was doing a bit. If anyone, Cerny had the crazy-eyes but he was just really focused.

Ok, the creepiest thing was when Cerny had to reboot himself mid-speech.

#93 Posted by Hippie_Genocide (511 posts) -

I wasn't really scared or creeped out by anyone. Just reminded that game developers chose that profession for a reason. Most people that don't have public speaking engagements on a regular basis would be awkward stepping onto a stage knowing the whole world is scrutinizing every single word, expression, body movement, and choice of attire not to mention your labor of love.

#94 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Drive Club guy. YOU CAN LOOK IT UP

#95 Edited by Rebel_Scum (563 posts) -

I prefer my version of the shot. This was photographed with a 2008 iPhone 3G, whilst viewing my stunning 4:3 VGA TFT monitor.

The horror...the horror...

#96 Posted by dropabombonit (1474 posts) -

The SP guy without a doubt, I thought he was going to break down and cry at some point. That shit was intense. Drive Club guy was more of a danger to himself than the audience. Also Cerny had some strange looks when trying to read the next thing on the teleprompter. I was so glad I watched the live stream on GiantBomb because some of their comments were spot on

#97 Posted by Davvyk (686 posts) -

Suckerpunch guy was without doubt the oddest. It was like a reading from an amateur drama class . All i could think of while watching him was the immense volume of gifs this very moment will be producing.

#98 Posted by MEATBALL (2787 posts) -

@animasta said:

@cirdain said:

Keanu Reeves?

it's Troy Baker silly

With that beanie I like to imagine it's actually Coonce. I hope he wears pajama pants.

#99 Posted by natedawg_kz (230 posts) -

I was scared of the lack of Jack Trenton

#100 Posted by probablytuna (3446 posts) -

Sucker Punch dude, no contest.