• 117 results
#101 Posted by marc (573 posts) -

Does anyone know if you can trade these games in to Ebgames upgrade to next gen program for $10? I asked an ebgames employee and he said yes but I heard others asked and they said not without a receipt showing that you bought the games from EB and specifically stated you can't trade in the Futureshop freebies. Wondering which is true. I'm going to try later today to trade in Ghosts for the PS4 version and get the other two preordered for $10/ea.

From what I gather for the eb games deal is that you dont even have to buy the games there to begin with. they just have a $50 trade in value towards the ps4 copies of those games. i preordered and paid for my $10 upgrades for AC4 and battlefield 4 already, so come thursday night i just gotta bring those 2 games with me. and the clerk who checked me in knew i got the games at futureshop.

#102 Posted by Lukeweizer (2770 posts) -

I waited 3 and a half hours yesterday for my reserved copy of Battlefield 4. Juuuust missing out on Ghosts as well. I'm really confused about my life and what I do with my time now.

Tempted to go out today for Ghosts but don't want to wait in a line only to be told they're sold out.

#103 Posted by Lukeweizer (2770 posts) -

@bluefish said:

@kidavenger said:

I don't get their angle on this, the only thing that makes sense would be that these games aren't selling at all due to people waiting for next gen copies, they must have expected that though...

I'm pretty sure it was a mistake that they now have to own up to.

I heard an employee saying that after this weekend, they won't be selling the current-gen versions of those games in-store anymore. Gotta make room for the next-gen version.

#104 Posted by billyhoush (1195 posts) -

@marc said:

@billyhoush said:

Does anyone know if you can trade these games in to Ebgames upgrade to next gen program for $10? I asked an ebgames employee and he said yes but I heard others asked and they said not without a receipt showing that you bought the games from EB and specifically stated you can't trade in the Futureshop freebies. Wondering which is true. I'm going to try later today to trade in Ghosts for the PS4 version and get the other two preordered for $10/ea.

From what I gather for the eb games deal is that you dont even have to buy the games there to begin with. they just have a $50 trade in value towards the ps4 copies of those games. i preordered and paid for my $10 upgrades for AC4 and battlefield 4 already, so come thursday night i just gotta bring those 2 games with me. and the clerk who checked me in knew i got the games at futureshop.

Cool. Thanks! I'll do this today and upgrade my copy of Ghosts.

#105 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

@marc said:

@billyhoush said:

That's not what I heard. I called in yesterday and they said I NEEDED to buy the games from them to be eligible for that upgrade.

#106 Posted by marc (573 posts) -

@deranged said:

@marc said:

@billyhoush said:

That's not what I heard. I called in yesterday and they said I NEEDED to buy the games from them to be eligible for that upgrade.

Not what they told me. But if i get there and they refuse to take them, i'll just change my preorders for those games to a $20 PSN card and upgrade online. at least then i cna go back and play B4 with my ps3 friends who havent upgraded yet as well. there are ways around everything!

#107 Posted by billyhoush (1195 posts) -

@deranged said:

@marc said:

@billyhoush said:

I think a lot of managers are being bitter. It's a publisher promotion so it doesn't matter where it was bought as they still get their reimbursements. However, I did read the fine print that stores don't need to abide by it. I'm sure once the games are out and a lot more people are upgrading they won't care where you got the games at all.

All I heard is that stores were having difficulty in the computer doing the upgrade on titles that weren't out yet so they just ask you to come back once they are released. There are plenty of people on the neogaf Canadian deals thread that have already upgraded their Futureshop copies of Ghosts. I'm going to Gamestop tonight to try myself and will report back.

#108 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

@marc said:

@deranged said:

@marc said:

@billyhoush said:

Not what they told me. But if i get there and they refuse to take them, i'll just change my preorders for those games to a $20 PSN card and upgrade online. at least then i cna go back and play B4 with my ps3 friends who havent upgraded yet as well. there are ways around everything!

Yeah, I called two separate EB's in my area and they both confirmed I have to purchase the specific titles from them to take advantage of the $10 upgrade towards BF4, Call of Duty, etc. They were cool about and said they'd love to make an exception but they stated they needed the receipt as proof of purchase otherwise, no dice (hehe).

Kinda bums me out but I'm not too worried. I picked up all three titles, keeping Ghosts and Black Flag for 360 and I'm just gonna trade in BF4 360 with Arkham Origins towards next-gen. Technically, I'd be trading a game for a game as I got BF4 free :P Although, I could probably sell it through Kijiji and get a good $40 for it.

#109 Posted by marc (573 posts) -

@deranged said:

@marc said:

@deranged said:

@marc said:

@billyhoush said:

Yeah, I called two separate EB's in my area and they both confirmed I have to purchase the specific titles from them to take advantage of the $10 upgrade towards BF4, Call of Duty, etc. They were cool about and said they'd love to make an exception but they stated they needed the receipt as proof of purchase otherwise, no dice (hehe).

Kinda bums me out but I'm not too worried. I picked up all three titles, keeping Ghosts and Black Flag for 360 and I'm just gonna trade in BF4 360 with Arkham Origins towards next-gen. Technically, I'd be trading a game for a game as I got BF4 free :P Although, I could probably sell it through Kijiji and get a good $40 for it.

if it is still sealed, sell it for $50. you'll have it sold within an hour. i guess every eb are gonna do their own thing as far as whether or not you buy the game from them. it's kind of rotten on their part, really to require proof of purchase. but my upgrade is paid for, so i'll kick up a big stink if they change their tune thursday night

#110 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

@marc said:

if it is still sealed, sell it for $50. you'll have it sold within an hour. i guess every eb are gonna do their own thing as far as whether or not you buy the game from them. it's kind of rotten on their part, really to require proof of purchase. but my upgrade is paid for, so i'll kick up a big stink if they change their tune thursday night

Hey dude, I wish the best of luck to you and I hope they don't screw you over if they told you otherwise. I'm still unsure if I want to try to sell it or merely trade it in haha.

#111 Edited by marc (573 posts) -

@deranged said:

@marc said:

Hey dude, I wish the best of luck to you and I hope they don't screw you over if they told you otherwise. I'm still unsure if I want to try to sell it or merely trade it in haha.

you'd make a lot more selling it for sure. i asked EB how much a sealed copy of ghosts would trade for. $23. sold that fucker for $50 about 20 minutes after that phone call.

The fine print in the state gives the typical EB games reserves the right to refuse, blah blah blah. so certain stores going on with the "you have to have bought the games here" shit are just being ass hats. Says nothing about that anywhere in the fine print at all. just says games must be in working condition, and all that jazz.

#112 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

@marc said:

you'd make a lot more selling it for sure. i asked EB how much a sealed copy of ghosts would trade for. $23. sold that fucker for $50 about 20 minutes after that phone call.

The fine print in the state gives the typical EB games reserves the right to refuse, blah blah blah. so certain stores going on with the "you have to have bought the games here" shit are just being ass hats. Says nothing about that anywhere in the fine print at all. just says games must be in working condition, and all that jazz.

Are you kidding me? $23 for a sealed copy? Fuck EB man. What does it matter where the game comes from really, it's so stupid. Oh well, I guess I'll try Kijiji! See how much I can get battlefield for! Are you picking up PS4 or XONE?

#113 Posted by marc (573 posts) -

@deranged said:

@marc said:

Are you kidding me? $23 for a sealed copy? Fuck EB man. What does it matter where the game comes from really, it's so stupid. Oh well, I guess I'll try Kijiji! See how much I can get battlefield for! Are you picking up PS4 or XONE?

PS4 for me, plan on gettong an xbox one sometime next year when i can nab one of kijiji for $300 or so. I cant justify paying $500 for a console at this time (poor student life). I did it for the ps3 at launch, but i was still living at home back then and working 2 full time jobs, so pissing away money was my thing lol. but if i were you, i'd throw em on kijiji for $50. in my add i went on about how it would make a great xmas gift, as it is alost $20 cheaper than the store when factoring taxes, and it was some mother who came by to buy it almost right away. older folks will do anything to save a few bucks.

#114 Posted by billyhoush (1195 posts) -

I just got back from EBGames and had no problem trading up my Futureshop freebies. The clerk literally gave me a high five for scoring the games from Futureshop and said he waited in line too. I got to upgrade my copy of Ghosts to PS4 then and there. He advised me to preorder both AC4 and BF4 with $5 down and to come in Tuesday with my games to trade up to the PS4 versions. I told the manager that a few people online were told they needed to bring in receipts and he said that was complete bullshit.

So that's that.

#115 Edited by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

Well, shit. This is a hell of a deal. Easy flip for cash, especially if they don't limit how many you can get.

#116 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

I just got back from EBGames and had no problem trading up my Futureshop freebies. The clerk literally gave me a high five for scoring the games from Futureshop and said he waited in line too. I got to upgrade my copy of Ghosts to PS4 then and there. He advised me to preorder both AC4 and BF4 with $5 down and to come in Tuesday with my games to trade up to the PS4 versions. I told the manager that a few people online were told they needed to bring in receipts and he said that was complete bullshit.

So that's that.

No shit eh? So they allowed you to go for the $10 upgrades? That is fantastic dude, thanks for the heads up and I'll give it a shot tomorrow! I'm glad they allowed you to do so! :)

PS4 for me, plan on gettong an xbox one sometime next year when i can nab one of kijiji for $300 or so. I cant justify paying $500 for a console at this time (poor student life). I did it for the ps3 at launch, but i was still living at home back then and working 2 full time jobs, so pissing away money was my thing lol. but if i were you, i'd throw em on kijiji for $50. in my add i went on about how it would make a great xmas gift, as it is alost $20 cheaper than the store when factoring taxes, and it was some mother who came by to buy it almost right away. older folks will do anything to save a few bucks.

Completely understandable! I'm getting an XONE first and hopefully a PS4 in a year or two! I'm excited to eventually pick up both but if you decide to stick with your PS3 (if you have one that is), then feel free to hit me up anytime!

PSN: SerbianMidget

#117 Posted by CByrne (288 posts) -

Hmm.... Would it even be worth it to cross the border at lunch time tomorrow?

#118 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@cbyrne said:

Hmm.... Would it even be worth it to cross the border at lunch time tomorrow?

Everywhere is sold out of everything, so no.