Indie Games for Good, an independent games marathon!

mrasmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By mrasmus

Thought I'd let the awesome GB community know about a little project I've been working on for the past month or so, that's finally kicking off tomorrow: the Indie Games for Good marathon. It's a livestreamed gaming marathon benefiting the awesome Child's Play Charity where myself and a bunch of my friends will be playing indie games for multiple days, straight, for as long as donations keep coming, starting tomorrow (November 4) at 11AM Pacific. We're playing games as they're requested by donors, primarily, so we've got a great mix of ridiculous, varied indie games that we'll be streaming. As we get more donations, requesting game time gets more expensive, so it's better to donate early if you want to see your favorite game on there. If we don't have your game on our list, let us know.

We're already off to a great start, with over $1800 raised which locks us in for over 50 hours, but I think this has the potential to go way bigger. I'll be watching this thread occasionally, but if you've got a direct question with some urgency, ping us on Twitter (@iggmarathon) or via e-mail (contact@iggmarathon.com). I want to make this event as awesome as possible.

I'm a huge fan of the Giant Bomb community, so I'd love to see some of you guys in the stream chat (and on the donors list, if you're so inclined :D)!

--Matt Rasmussen (underwing), Indie Games for Good Coordinator

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

Neat. Remember to not just play Minecraft for 50 hours. It's so easy to lose track of time in that game ;)

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BraveToaster

If you're playing on Xbox, you should definitely look into buying Dead Pixels. It's a Grindhouse-ish zombie side scrolling shooter. Start on Hard difficulty.

mrasmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mrasmus

@Ravenlight: Thanks! We're actually setting up a Minecraft server for people to join and play with us, as well; we don't a huge amount of time allotted to MineCraft yet, and we're going to be on a timer (we've promised to play at least X amount of minutes on each game that gets donated for, where X is proportional to how much the donation extended our marathon by) for a lot of the event, so hopefully that'll work out.

@Axxol: We've got XBox capture all set up; I just added Dead Pixels to the list! Looks awesome. Can't make any promises that we'll play it, of course, unless you were to donate for it to get the exposure. ;P

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By BraveToaster

@UnderWing said:

@Axxol: We've got XBox capture all set up; I just added Dead Pixels to the list! Looks awesome. Can't make any promises that we'll play it, of course, unless you were to donate for it to get the exposure. ;P

Nice try!

mrasmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrasmus

@Axxol: Can't blame me for trying! :P

We have tons of awesome games already donated for (I want to say it's close to 40 different games already, but I can't recall off the top of my head), with a full list of games, donations, etc. coming soon. We just posted the schedule of interviews here.