Infamous Vs Prototype

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By sarge1445

So I've played both games. I almost beat Infamous in one sitting , I was so horribly addicted to it it was so good. The story ,the feeling of a living city and the crazy shooter super hero game play. Then there was prototype traversal was fun and so were some of those crazy combos and stealth parts ,but the camera was awful and the controls bothered me and the story felt like it had no point to it. Also the game just looked awful it hurt my eyes. The bad AI didn't help at all either. Also the city felt so fake and sterile. Prototype to me feels like they sucked all the charm and polish out of infamous and made your powers more awesome and said ok were done here so the question is how was this a debate? When Infamous was so good and Prototype was so average.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sarge1445

So I've played both games. I almost beat Infamous in one sitting , I was so horribly addicted to it it was so good. The story ,the feeling of a living city and the crazy shooter super hero game play. Then there was prototype traversal was fun and so were some of those crazy combos and stealth parts ,but the camera was awful and the controls bothered me and the story felt like it had no point to it. Also the game just looked awful it hurt my eyes. The bad AI didn't help at all either. Also the city felt so fake and sterile. Prototype to me feels like they sucked all the charm and polish out of infamous and made your powers more awesome and said ok were done here so the question is how was this a debate? When Infamous was so good and Prototype was so average.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Rhaknar

you are about 9 months late with this blog post dude

muttjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By muttjones

I felt Infamous, in contrast to other open world games, was really fake and sterile and empty. There was only one thing to do in that game and it got tiring with the gameplay. 
Didn't play Prototype.

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ObsideonDarman

inFAMOUS all the way, PROTOTYPE felt like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction with a new coat of paint (a really bad one to be exact)

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hourai

I only played a little bit of Infamous at a friend's house and I didn't care for it at all. Prototype didn't do much for me either, but I enjoyed it for the first few hours. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@ObsideonDarman said:
" inFAMOUS all the way, PROTOTYPE felt like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction with a new coat of paint (a really bad one to be exact) "
I think thats gonna be my opinion when i play inFAMOUS tonight when i receive my PS3 and the game as a gift. I did play prototype so i agree with the second half of your post
xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By xpgamer7

I personally enjoyed both. inFamous was fun and had a good story, plus it looked good while Prototype was fun in the way you create chaos when using cheat codes in GTA. Plus I've always thought the ability to change shape would be the coolest power.
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I hated Prototype and loved InFamous.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Binman88

inFamous didn't live up to the hype for me. I enjoyed it, but got bored about 2/3rds through. Overall I think I had more fun playing Prototype on the PC, plus it looked better.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shirogane

I finished Prototype, and the end, and some of the bosses were just realy stupid, it also didn't feel very well polished. 

inFamous was awesome...for the first half. Then it started getting tedious and annoying. Especially the last island. Urgh, enemies are like tanks now.
Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTAIV is to Saints Row 2 as Infamous is to Prototype
willylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By willylo

infamous.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I agree, I don't like prototype at all, it's the first game i've bought that I totally hated 100%, except for the graphics on pc, which was good. There is no structure to the game, it's just your overpowered and you can do whatever you want.

Infamous is a way better game in almost every way, your not invincible and you get a logical progression.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I really enjoyed Prototype, and in fact I may play some tonight. Never got a chance to play Infamous, but with my new Ps3 there is a strong possibility I will.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By Yummylee

I really enjoyed inFAMOUS. Completed it like 3 times now. Prototype I still completed once but there's zero incentive for me to ever head back there again. 
It's true that inFAMOUS lacks variety and does feel tedious near the end, but for what is there is of very high quality - and for me at least - the storyline gave a great motivational boost. 

Prototype was...alright. Not a terrible game but one that lacked the polish that inFAMOUS had. It had more powers, but a large majority of them were plain useless or just really lame. Prototype had more side missions, but they were all terribly generic except for the occasional faction war.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By kishan6
@Rhaknar said:
" you are about 9 months late with this blog post dude "
at least
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ghostiet

I think inFAMOUS' only real problem is that the game and narrative spends way too much time in the second district for no apparent reason.. The Historical district is a joke in terms of length when compared to the Warren, unlocking that shithole takes probably half of the game. If the proportions between the last two fourths of the game were a bit better, I would be ecstatic.

But that wouldn't change much, because I am eager to murder to get my hands on a sequel as fast as it is possible.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By RedSox8933

I've played both and I liked Prototype better. There way more cool stuff that you could do in Prototype. Sure, inFamous' story and mission structures were way better, but Prototype was way more fun to me. You could glide and then get a boost and then touch a building and then glide some more and then get a boost and then get another boost. I felt like I was flying. Prototype's traversal is way better than inFamous'.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I don't know which I liked better. I owned prototype, had a bunch of fun with it. Some of the transformations sucked, but you had to use themm which wasn't allt hat great. I never finsihed the game, because it became quite challenging actually. Nontheless, I have a few fond memories of the game. 

inFamous is certainly more polished. It had a more shiny look, more fluid controls. However, it wasn't all that great. It was interesting and all, but it became tedious fast, and the story wasn't interesting enough to keep me hooked. I didn't finish that game either. I probably finished about 75% of each game though. 

In the end I think they both were good games. You can tell inFamous is the "better" game, but prototype had a lot of good moments. They both though, were not extraordinary.

Spoonybard37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Spoonybard37

Prototype was pretty annoying to me, I got way more satisfaction out of Infamous in my opinion.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By sjschmidt93

Infamous was great, Prototype sucked.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zombie2011

I thought both were pretty good, I don't see why so many people love inFamous so much i thought it was good but not amazing.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By raidingkvatch

People are still doing this? They're two different games which only really share surface similarities, inFamous was generally better reviewed, but lots of people still thought Prototype was at least good. Done.