Infinity ward Debunks NEOGAF False Rumor.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slippy4475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Infinity ward, makers of COD ghosts come out to speak on behalf of the alleged rumors created by a Neogaf Forum post .

http://www.oxm.co.uk/64778/call-of-

duty-ghosts-has-fantastic-graphics-

on-xbox-one-reiterates-infinity-war

d/

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

And that rumor would be...?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity ward, makers of COD ghosts come out to speak on behalf of the alleged rumors created by a Neogaf Forum post .

http://www.oxm.co.uk/64778/call-of-

duty-ghosts-has-fantastic-graphics-

on-xbox-one-reiterates-infinity-war

d/

1. It compares it to the 360 Version

2. Eurogamer article was from June when everything was shown on a Pc

3. No they do not. And so far not even Microsoft is denying this.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm still willing to bet that both the X1 and PS4 will have CoD: Ghost in some 720p<resolution<1080p that will be upscaled to 1080p.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Please xbox duders. I get that you crave for good news, but this is just getting ridiculous. Take a deep breath, play some games and please stop this propaganda stuff.

seveword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who gives a damn? Graphics mean nothing if the game is crap, and considering it's CoD, you already know whether you like it or not. Trolling is boring, who actually gets off on screwing with random people on the internet?

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That didn't debunk anything. That's just referencing the article from June everyone already knew about..

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

2. Eurogamer article was from June when everything was shown on a Pc

They debunked this rumor with a time machine! Awesome!

Loading Video...

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

"As revealed by Eurogamer in June, the game runs at 60 frames per second in 1080p".

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@warfare said:

"As revealed by Eurogamer in June, the game runs at 60 frames per second in 1080p".

But is that resolution native or up-scaled? That's what this rumor concerns. I can run Call of Duty at 1080p on my Xbox 360 right now, but that doesn't mean it's a true 1080p game.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warfare said:

But is that resolution native or up-scaled. That's what this rumor concerns. I can run Call of Duty at 1080p on my Xbox 360 right now, but that doesn't mean it's a true 1080p game.

All I know is it's been more then what 24h and no one has come out to say this rumor is false.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

The word "native" was not used anywhere and something that was true in June might not be true today. So this doesn't debunk anything. That said I have yet to hear a reliable source for this rumor so like all rumors I will assume it is false until proven otherwise. If they wanted it to run in 1080p they could do it. If they decided to run it in 720p then I would guess they felt some other aspect of the graphics made a more significant impact on the visual quality than the resolution. It's all about trade-offs when it comes to graphics. Call of Duty is 60 fps first and graphical fidelity second. They also said they are still using an updated version of the same engine they've been using since COD4 which was itself an updated version of the Quake 3 engine. Running with multi-core processors was never in the engine's design. They have tried to add it in since, but they really would need a major redo of the engine from the ground up to truly take advantage of the next generation systems and modern PC's.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I doubt most people could even tell the difference, especially when sitting 8 plus feet from their television sets. I think on last weeks' Giant Bombcast they had a little discussion about resolution and how 1080p is not all that.

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see why people think this is a big deal. It would be crazy for the Xbone to have the worst version of Call of Duty. Those games were obviously extremely important to the 360. Like Jeff said on the bombcast, it would make perfect sense if every Xbone came with Call of Duty and an Eminem CD.(and possibly a couple seasons of Jersey Shore, just throwing it out there.) And also, there's the part where you're buying a $500 system that can't even run COD(which doesn't look great) at 1080, if the rumors are true.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I couldn't care less about COD Ghosts or any console war horseshit, but that article didn't debunk anything.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

@seveword: I think you answered your own question.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GHOSTS doesn't have fantastic graphics on anything let alone a Xbone.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

GHOSTS doesn't have fantastic graphics on anything let alone a Xbone.

I think that's the honest truth in all of this. Call of Duty has always looked good, but it hasn't been truly great in a long time. And it doesn't even matter.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

720p, 1080p, who gives a fuck?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive never seen people care about cod this much

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@bigjeffrey: Its console-war trench-talk, deep-seeded with all these fuckers that didn't give a shit about CoD the first time. Gotta look up the resolution dictionary I got in muh back pocket, though.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bigjeffrey

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@bigjeffrey: Its console-war trench-talk, deep-seeded with all these fuckers that didn't give a shit about CoD the first time. Gotta look up the resolution dictionary I got in muh back pocket, though.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By korwin

@hailinel said:

720p, 1080p, who gives a fuck?

Not me, i'll be playing at 1440p :P

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I live my life 600 Ps at a time.

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I bet you guys would be happy if it was a flat-shaded mess, as long as its in 1080p

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet you guys would be happy if it was a flat-shaded mess, as long as its in 1080p

The point is both versions are assumed to be the same, other than--if the rumor is true--one is 720p and one is 1080p. Titanfall makes Ghosts look like a joke, and it's quite likely that it does so in 720p.

This isn't about resolution, this is about one version having LESS resolution than another, and otherwise being the exact same game.