Infinity Wars is good (thanks Rorie!)

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I am not a Magic player. I played enough of Hearthstone to see everything it had to offer (unlocked all chars, played arena, etc.) but didn't get into it. Then I saw Rorie playing Infinity Wars on UPF and he said it was good (and free). So I gave it a try this weekend. This is a very deep, very interesting game.

I really couldn't follow what was going on when Rorie played it. It is confusing at first if you don't know what is going on. But the learning curve really isn't very steep. It hand holds you through a tutorial and a campaign that show you the mechanics. And beyond that it is all just what the specific cards can do. And they have a lot of abilities available that can do some really strange stuff. That is where the depth comes in.

Unlike Hearthstone, the cards spend a lot more time on the board generally, and you can click on them to see what they can do. So you spend your time mainly thinking about what the opponent could do to you and what is your best course of action. Most cards need to be moved from your hand to a SUPPORT area before they can be deployed into either an ATTACK or DEFEND area. So you can see most of the cards the guy might hit you with next before making your move.

The UI is really well done as well. I never had to pull up a FAQ to find out what an ability did. Just hover your mouse over a card and it tells you everything. It easily lets you take back your mistake moves. It is all logical and shows you graphically what will happen: very usefull with certain complicated abilities. It is just a quality product all around. And did I mention it is free?