Integrating video games and cars.

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Rasgueado

Earlier this year I was given the opportunity to spend two weeks in Europre. While in Paris, I was strolling down the champs de elysees and decided to check out the Peugeot store. The store itself had a very interesting look, and about 5 concept cars placed on pedestals. Here is a picture of one of them (click to enlarge).

Peugeot store in Paris.
Peugeot store in Paris.
The car itself has a neat design to it, and the concept has a lot of features to it that aren't readily apparent in this photo. There is one thing of interest in this photo that you may have missed from this image, and that is the strange looking dashboard.

A closeup of the dashboard.
A closeup of the dashboard.
Instead of a glove box, they opted to install an Xbox 360 into the front console (no pun intended). I suppose this gives new meaning to the phrase, "dashboard update." 
Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By Civraz

So then it would be perfect for those opportunities when you're on a long road trip and opt for some entertainement,  and DVD's and lame word games won't suffice. Excellent!

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rasgueado

The only problem that I saw here was the view screen. There is a clear plastic piece next to the console that I am assuming would act as the information screen for the driver. The viewscreen for games was not readily apparent on the show floor. The best I could come up with was that the windshield on the passenger side is intended to darken and act as a screen. Hard to say though.... if that is the case it would have to be pretty dark or else the scenery whizzing by would obscure the game screen with things like trees whizzing by at 120km per hour.

some1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By some1

Id hate to see what would happen if your car red ringed on the motorway lol

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Wolverine
@Rasgueado: I love this store! I went there a few times because it was right near my hotel. It is pretty close to the Lacoste on the champs de elysees.
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By EVO

Does it double as a heater?

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By eric_buck

When the 360 crashes they're gonna have a hell of a time getting it out...

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rasgueado

@Wolverine: and also close to the most upscale fast food joint I've ever seen, and the largest perfume store (Sephoria) I've ever been into. I think my nasal cavity is still recovering.