#1 Posted by Hyperesthesiac (190 posts) -

Is it just me, or do the users of GB seem far more intelligent than the usual poster on any other site? People are talking in coherent sentences! Unfortunately, this surely won't last. But wouldn't it be wonderful if it stayed this way... forever?

#2 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

It seems so. I was hoping for less intelligent people so I could gain an edge on the competition. :0

#3 Posted by HipHopHitler (59 posts) -

Here's hoping! I'm just dreading tomorrow when I wake up and all the 10 year olds have devastated the forum with their incorrect grammar and 133T talk.

#4 Posted by Atlas (2430 posts) -

Yeah it's a pretty good standard here. We've got a few dunces swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool but nothing major.

#5 Posted by Apollo (471 posts) -

Considering most of the posters here are from GS it would be a brilliant case of irony...

#6 Posted by SolemnOaf (535 posts) -

Intelligence is only an illusion, brought about by the misconception of superior cognitive ability as it's displaced by errant and often erroneous thought patterns.  In relative terms, we're all stupid, by the very nature of our existances.  This is the dichotomy of life.

#7 Edited by Hyperesthesiac (190 posts) -
HipHopHitler said:
"Here's hoping! I'm just dreading tomorrow when I wake up and all the 10 year olds have devastated the forum with their incorrect grammar and 133T talk."

My fear exactly.
#8 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

It'll last for a couple of months, then it'll deteriorate, I've seen it happen with tons of websites.

#9 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

maybe all the smart gamespot members came as only they could realise the bomb is better :P

#10 Posted by De5 (98 posts) -

I was actually surprised at the use of capital letters.

#11 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -
Apollo said:
"Considering most of the posters here are from GS it would be a brilliant case of irony...
"
It's mostly the more intelligent gamespotters sick of teh 2 MAni Chromosome$. Or so it seems.
#12 Posted by Lairdo (543 posts) -

This site is to difficult to navigate for simpletons :D

#13 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

Agreed. Intelligence FTW.

#14 Posted by Peewi (410 posts) -

First reaction to thread title: "The enemy has captured our intelligence!"

I actually think this site's users seem to be on about the same level as other gaming forums I frequent.

#15 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

Full sentences? Paragraphs? Complete thoughts?

I'm on a web forum right? About games? Sadly I have the feeling that this will eventually deteriorate.

#16 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Seems to be full of nerdy forumer IM BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE COS I USE APOSTROPHES type o guys.

#17 Posted by RVonE (4605 posts) -

Oh come on, it is not that much different here. People just seem to be a bit nicer.

#18 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

I'm pretty sure everyone is just trying to impress the GB staff. The second that user moderation was mentioned, 40,000 Jeff/Ryan/Brad/Vinny adoring men's eyes widened.

#19 Posted by TheLordFagan (20 posts) -

Yeah, I don't know easily one can gauge intelligence within the first day of the site being available to post upon. Unless we're treating the measure of performance on some arbitrary and capricious grading system that's vague and efficient like, say, the American public school system that deserves the low standards it sets for itself. I know we're all insecure about how smart we are, but let's give it a couple more hours not fail our own tests before we take them, shall we?

-Fagan out

#20 Posted by Peewi (410 posts) -
vidiot said:
"Full sentences? Paragraphs? Complete thoughts?

I'm on a web forum right? About games? Sadly I have the feeling that this will eventually deteriorate.
"

You ever been to /v/? It has some surprisingly intelligent posts in between all the stupidity.
#21 Posted by Katatonic (41 posts) -

I agree that the users so far seem much more coherent and respectful in their topics/replies, but it's probably only a matter of time until the usual filth strolls in.  

#22 Posted by spragels (97 posts) -

I like wearwolf movies!!!

But seriously I think I am pretty great :)

#23 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

Enjoy it while it lasts, which probably won't be very long.

#24 Posted by Sharvie (93 posts) -

Give it time, i've already seen a couple of users worthy of the crown.

#25 Posted by RVonE (4605 posts) -
Peewi said:
"vidiot said:
"Full sentences? Paragraphs? Complete thoughts?

"

You ever been to /v/? It has some surprisingly intelligent posts in between all the stupidity."

Yes, you are absolutely right.
#26 Posted by somesthetic (191 posts) -

Luchadeer and podcasts about soda just appeal to a smarter base of people.

and don't call me Shirley.

#27 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

lol i've seen some pretty down right dumb stuff posted.

#28 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

For the most part, I'm pretty impressed with how the Giant Bomb Community is acting, right here on day 1.

It's been nothing but pleasant across the board (well, maybe minus a couple Users, but still...).

#29 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

It's early days yet.

#30 Posted by stAtic (1638 posts) -

It's been a great first day. The community is great, keep it up!

The idiots will come soon enough though...

#31 Posted by MisoRonery (468 posts) -

I really can't believe what I'm seeing so far.  Aside from a few whiners and chronic moronics I'm digging this community.

#32 Posted by mattz (33 posts) -

It's been good so far but I'm guessing the fanboys are going to find out that you can use curse words here and then things are going to get really bad.

#33 Edited by TheIneffableBob (243 posts) -

Those, er, less adept at the English language will come soon enough. It's only day one at Giant Bomb.

At a site I moderate, GamerzPlanet.net, there was a fairly regular influx of intelligent or relatively intelligent people. However, as the site grew more and more popular (1,000,000+ posts), more spammers, advertisers, and idiots in general started coming in. I ban about one person, hand out numerous infractions, and close several threads a day. Of course, there are still intelligent people at GzP, but they sort of get lost in the crowd of minges.

#34 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

If we try to be asses about spelling I bet we will drive all the 10 year olds away. (except for the smart ones, if they exist on the internet)

#35 Edited by Shade (120 posts) -

Idk, I've seen a lot of stupid topics being created and useless two word posts happening. Hopefully all these "What's your favourite game character?" topics will die down soon, because they're just not interesting. Otherwise, there seem to be quite a few intelligent beings on these forums =)

#36 Posted by Colonel_Cool (808 posts) -

No religion  or girl help topics yet, so far so good!

#37 Posted by 1oneWON (87 posts) -

I hope that GiantBomb has a hell of a mod team that nuke anyone who writes like a retard. And by retard, I mean substituting S's with Z's. Got I hate that shit.

#38 Posted by Aarny91 (3912 posts) -

Becuase we are awesome =D

#39 Posted by CodeHero (134 posts) -

It is only a matter of time until this comes to an end. 

#40 Posted by Hyperesthesiac (190 posts) -
Colonel_Cool said:
"No religion  or girl help topics yet, so far so good!
"
Totally. XD We should time how long it took from the site launch to when the first comes.
#41 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

You know what, I think you're right.... But I have seen a bit of dumb posts, but nothing major.

Still, its only the beginning... in the end there will be only chaos! Replace chaos with noobs.