Interesting Choices on the iOS?

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mattysen

Yoo, I've noticed I've started using my Iphone more and more recently so I've been on the hunt for some substantial games on the platform which will actually suffice my boredom. I've raised a similar question not too long ago about the PC, which have some suggestions I'd want to play but I feel like I don't have time to get full on into a game on my laptop as I am spending less and less time on it. I often don't find the 'hone your tapping skills in 5 minutes' genre that flood gaming on the iOS so I've been abit stumped for choices. I've recently bought SS:EP and enjoy it on occasion however find it hard to immerse myself in that particular world so my time on that has been pretty minimal. What'd ya reckon?

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mattysen

Bollocks should of posted it under the iPhone forum...

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By konig_kei

Giantbomb.com mobile site. I find myself there a lot.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sooty

iOS games for the most part suck, only good for 5 minute blasts. This is coming from someone who owns the latest iPad, I've tried to get into them more but it just isn't working, Infinity Blade has to be the most overhyped, bland and boring iOS game going. Cannot believe so many people find it enjoable, it's just insane to me.

Ace Attorney is a good buy, Chrono Trigger is also okay, RPGs generally translate over well. Kingdom Rush is probably the best iOS game I've played.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By tds418

Doodle Jump is fun in short (and not so short bursts), definitely can be kind of addicting. It's a casual game for sure, but whatever. Other than that iOS is good for retro gaming...the early FInal Fantasy ports are fun (I have FFI) and I enjoy playing the original Sonic the Hedgehog too.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By EVO

Cut the Rope?

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SexyToad

Minecraft! World of Goo! Angry birds! Cut the rope! Mass effect! Final fantasy! Smurf's village! Minigore! Plants vs zombies! Pocket god! Katamari! Bloons!

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mattysen

I decided to go for Infinity Blade 2 since I enjoyed the first one and yes it is overrated to fuck but there was enough depth and shit going on to keep me interested till I completed it. Still baffles me how IGN claims its perfect when Chair have pretty much just modded that Epic Citadel tech demo abit and reused models from Shadow Complex not once but twice now.

It was pretty meh throughout, although not mind blowing or innovitive in the slightest I found it intresting to playthrough therefore worth the bucks? Subjective, anyway I downloaded Monkey Island SE and Ghost Trick but overall after scouting the app store for days now I don't think I'll find much of a mind blowing gaming experience of twists and turns on the iOS just yet....SS:EP is probably the only thing I've been like "this is ruddy cool" (apart from Zenonia like 3 years ago) but can't really get myself in the mindset to play it with the melodic pacing and all.

Think I'm going to give Dear Esther a go since that game looks right up my ally after doing some homework on it

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mattysen

*Also I'm completely JPRG'ed out as of now so there isn't any point on investing in any of Squares titles for me at the minute...Just sick to death of that particular genre

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By crusader8463

I don't own one so I can only go by word of mouth, but from what I have seen I always wanted to play that Video Game Designer game and I know someone who was incredibly addicted to Hero Academy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Cameron

Game Dev Story and all of the other Kairosoft games are pretty good. Spelltower is very good if you like word games.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By benspyda

I spent many hours playing game dev story and also enjoyed cartoon wars gunner, that's about it. The rest I have played about abount 30mins each. Also I don't get the Angry Birds phenomenon.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mattysen

STILL haven't really found anything, does any one know if the bards tale port is worth it?

BlaineBlaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By BlaineBlaine

Junk Jack is a pretty good MineCraft type game. I prefer it to the original since the controls work better on a touch screen. Beat Sneak Thief is a stylish rhythm game I heard Brad talking about once. Swords and Sworcery is renowned, but I haven't played it. I love all the Kairosoft games, but hate the way they look on my iPad so I tend to save those for Android. They play really, really well on my Droid with a lapdock... It's basically my Kairo console. The iOs version of Dominion is pretty awesome. A little utilitarian in interface but it's a solid implementation of a game you need others to play with, so it is worth the zero dollars and then some.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By tourgen

The "Choice of .." games are on iOS and they're alright.

Mega Worm is fun when I have 5 mins to kill.

There are a bunch of roguelikes on iOS. NetHack, Rogue, iNetHack, powder, fargoal

I like Defender Chronicles for my tower defense fix.

The Bard's Tale might be alright but I can't imagine it working all that great on a phone screen.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#17  Edited By Little_Socrates

Ghost Trick and Jetpack Joyride. Get those two.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#18  Edited By alistercat

THE iOS? Oh, I thought you were talking about the knockoff brand iOS.

Whampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Whampire

I had a lot of fun with Space Miner. Avoid it if you don't like Asteroids, though. It's really just sort of a grind-y RPG based on Asteroids-style gameplay with some goofball story elements.

That said, it was a time-sink.

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

BlueHalcyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BlueHalcyon

Lately I've been playing Juggernaut: Revenge of Soverign. It's pretty badass.