Interesting Speculation about DS2 and Xbox 4,000

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By TheHBK

Well, just gonna say, thats what I am calling the next DS and the next Xbox.  Hey 4000 is a lot more than 720 and 360, combined! and a lot more than PS4
Anyway, here is a link to some news that apparently, Nintendo has signed up nVidia to handle the chip design for the next DS.  And there is another link that MS might have already made a deal with AMD to provide the GPU for the next xbox.
All this stuff interests me but from what I gather, the Tegra chips that are already used in the latest Zune should be able to get the DS2's graphics up to speed with the PSP and iPhone.  While i think the DS is good in terms of graphics where it is, i guess more power is always good. But the real interesting part to me is that the Chip would function as both CPU and GPU, which would make that thing possibly have a better battery life and also be smaller/thinner.
As for the Xbox, well thats no surprise seeing as how things went bad between them and nVidia for the first xbox.  So they may be getting ready to start planning the next steps in brainstorming possible ideas about where to go with the next xbox.
But my question is, where the fuck is the next GameBoy in all of this?

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Didn't AMD buy ATI or something?  I think the Original Xbox used ATI, then they switched to nVidia.  I don't know if nVidia is to blame for the current problems with the 360.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mhkjtha

xbox 1 used an nvidia card
amd did buy ati theyre basically a sub division or whatever in amd now