• 80 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by MachoFantastico (4477 posts) -

Best of luck with your Army duties Steve.

#52 Posted by ethan (776 posts) -

I'll see you next summer Steve.

#53 Posted by sarahsdad (1075 posts) -

Good Luck, man.

I hope to see you return safe and sound in 2013.

#54 Posted by Alphazero (1533 posts) -

Use the wall hacks and auto-aim. Don't worry about the game balance. Good luck.

#55 Posted by mustachioeugene (498 posts) -

Best of luck serving your country. Have a safe and speedy return, Duder.
 
@GlenTennis said:

That made me laugh really hard. Granted I didn't actually watch the video, but nicely played sir.
#56 Posted by SSully (4117 posts) -

Good luck in Afghanistan and sorry about the short internship. Just come back safe and get back to the office!

#57 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

@nail1080: You can your opinion but this thread is definitely not the place. Fuck off.

Good luck, Steve! Stay safe. Looking forward to seeing your intern/work next summer!

#58 Posted by Doctorchimp (4067 posts) -
@nail1080 said:
@nickb64 said:
@nail1080
The army? LMAO, you should have told them to go fuck themselves, what an epic fail leaving GB for sand and boredom and a questionable cause....I say try and get out if you can, do you really want to spend the next 2 years risking your life?
Dude, really... Freedom is pretty damned important. Steve, good luck, thanks for serving, and never let the haters get to you.
Freedom? You know many people (me included) think the entire US occupation/invasion of another country is actually a disgrace,mainly because their crude warfare leads to the deaths of 1000s of innocent civilians in these countries.... but yeah sure 'freedom' or whatever nonsense your government says to you, you just keep saying that to yourself and I'm sure it will become true
How about you start a thread on off topic....instead of trying to piss off a man that has more character than you ever will....
#59 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

@nail1080 said:
@nickb64 said:
@nail1080
The army? LMAO, you should have told them to go fuck themselves, what an epic fail leaving GB for sand and boredom and a questionable cause....I say try and get out if you can, do you really want to spend the next 2 years risking your life?
Dude, really... Freedom is pretty damned important. Steve, good luck, thanks for serving, and never let the haters get to you.
Freedom? You know many people (me included) think the entire US occupation/invasion of another country is actually a disgrace,mainly because their crude warfare leads to the deaths of 1000s of innocent civilians in these countries.... but yeah sure 'freedom' or whatever nonsense your government says to you, you just keep saying that to yourself and I'm sure it will become true
How about you start a thread on off topic....instead of trying to piss off a man that has more character than you ever will....

Not to single anyone out. But take the political discussion in a PM conversation or another thread. This blog is set up as an avenue to tell the community I'm no longer with the staff and to explain my hiatus ahead of time. The North American and European powers have fought for years so civilians back home can express their opinion about a government and live a better life. If this gentlemen is against the wars most developed countries are engaged in, there's a church that does active protests monthly he can join and have his voice heard.

#60 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

Peace out

#61 Posted by KarlPilkington (2678 posts) -

@EpicSteve: Good luck duder!

#62 Posted by LiquidPrince (15833 posts) -

Good luck Steve.

#63 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

#64 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

You're a good man, Steve. Best of luck, amigo.

#65 Posted by Meltbrain (2968 posts) -

Yup. Couldn't have said it better. Take care out there, duder.

@MattyFTM said:

It sucks that your internship was cut short, but evidently you have more important things on your plate. Hope everything goes to plan in Afghanistan.

#66 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@nail1080 said:
@nickb64 said:
@nail1080
The army? LMAO, you should have told them to go fuck themselves, what an epic fail leaving GB for sand and boredom and a questionable cause....I say try and get out if you can, do you really want to spend the next 2 years risking your life?
Dude, really... Freedom is pretty damned important. Steve, good luck, thanks for serving, and never let the haters get to you.
Freedom? You know many people (me included) think the entire US occupation/invasion of another country is actually a disgrace,mainly because their crude warfare leads to the deaths of 1000s of innocent civilians in these countries.... but yeah sure 'freedom' or whatever nonsense your government says to you, you just keep saying that to yourself and I'm sure it will become true
How about you start a thread on off topic....instead of trying to piss off a man that has more character than you ever will....

Not to single anyone out. But take the political discussion in a PM conversation or another thread. This blog is set up as an avenue to tell the community I'm no longer with the staff and to explain my hiatus ahead of time. The North American and European powers have fought for years so civilians back home can express their opinion about a government and live a better life. If this gentlemen is against the wars most developed countries are engaged in, there's a church that does active protests monthly he can join and have his voice heard.

You tell us to go into a PM to discuss it yet then you give your 2 cents on the matter. Never did I say I was 'against the wars' .... what I said is that the warfare people like you are involved in disgusts me because (and this is the part you have to read again really carefully) it causes the deaths of 1000s of INNOCENT CIVILIANS...you know, normal, ordinary peaceful people, not dudes strapped with machine guns and body armor who are convinced what they are doing is just and noble, and apparently to question this means I should go to some stupid church and protest? Please, war and religion arehumanities 2 biggest flaws, don't tell me to waste my time and combine the two!
#67 Posted by Simulacrum (462 posts) -

Come home safe!

#68 Posted by laserbolts (5310 posts) -
@nail1080
@nickb64 said:
@nail1080
The army? LMAO, you should have told them to go fuck themselves, what an epic fail leaving GB for sand and boredom and a questionable cause....I say try and get out if you can, do you really want to spend the next 2 years risking your life?
Dude, really... Freedom is pretty damned important. Steve, good luck, thanks for serving, and never let the haters get to you.
Freedom? You know many people (me included) think the entire US occupation/invasion of another country is actually a disgrace,mainly because their crude warfare leads to the deaths of 1000s of innocent civilians in these countries.... but yeah sure 'freedom' or whatever nonsense your government says to you, you just keep saying that to yourself and I'm sure it will become true
Man why did you even create an account here? Everything you post is just terrible trolling or plain stupidity.
#69 Posted by Tireyo (6408 posts) -

This is sad. Best of luck to you.

#70 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

@nail1080: This conversation is dead now, okay?

#71 Posted by ProfessorEss (7254 posts) -

Good luck, be epic.

#72 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

'' -Be prepared to prove you know about stuff without looking like a creepy nerd. '' 
  
I lol'ed.

#73 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1695 posts) -

@Rufi91 said:

Good luck out there man! I wish you all the best and I hope you get it all sorted in time and come crashing back into the offices ome day. You shall be missed as an intern.
#74 Edited by Mikemcn (6937 posts) -

I CANT BELIEVE YOU CHOSE SERVING YOUR COUNTRY OVER VIDJAGAMES!

Wait, yes I can, good luck! The time you were with us won't be forgotten, and hopefully they'll give you another chance later on.

#75 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3001 posts) -

Good luck over there!  When you come back, you'll be the manliest intern to have walked those halls.

Online
#76 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

@nail1080 said:

Never did I say I was 'against the wars' .... what I said is that the warfare people like you are involved in disgusts me because (and this is the part you have to read again really carefully) it causes the deaths of 1000s of INNOCENT CIVILIANS...you know, normal, ordinary peaceful people, not dudes strapped with machine guns and body armor who are convinced what they are doing is just and noble, and apparently to question this means I should go to some stupid church and protest? Please, war and religion arehumanities 2 biggest flaws, don't tell me to waste my time and combine the two!

Like everyone else has said, just fuck off. This is not the place for it.

Seeya, Steve. You seemed like a cool guy. Hopefully you'll get to finish your internship after you're done serving. You're a braver man than most. Good luck.

#77 Posted by HonoredSamurai (106 posts) -

Godspeed. My dad got back a month ago from KAF and it sucks from what I understand. I'll keep you in my prayers compadre !

#78 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1861 posts) -

Good luck with everything! Stay safe, and see you back on Giant Bomb in the future.

#79 Edited by Kartana (216 posts) -

Epic Fail

#80 Posted by boylie (305 posts) -

Good luck dude, hope you come back soon, safe and sound

#81 Posted by Walreese55 (498 posts) -

Whatever people may say about the intentions of war, the men and women who serve deserve as much praise as they can get. I do not support the Afghani occupation but I am damn proud of all the people willing to lay their lives on the line for a higher cause, it's something more brave than any of us sitting on our asses will ever do. Good luck in Afghanistan, I hope that you don't have to spend much time there.