Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

Episode two is totally here!

iTunes link / Download (MP3)

It's our second episode, and this one's all over the place! This time, we've got two new Intern Steves 'round the podcast table: Steve "Lemon" Ramirez and Steve "EpicSteve" Beynon. Join us as we discuss the new intern, Lemon's first I Love Mondays, Steve's deployment to Afghanistan and more! Dragon Ball Z might get mentioned once or twice. Who cares.

OH, ALSO: we're on iTunes now! It ain't pretty, but it works! (If you're having trouble getting the new episode: hit subscribe, go to Podcasts, click Internal Affairs, then click Refresh in the lower-right corner.)

#1 Edited by Babylonian (837 posts) -

Episode two is totally here!

iTunes link / Download (MP3)

It's our second episode, and this one's all over the place! This time, we've got two new Intern Steves 'round the podcast table: Steve "Lemon" Ramirez and Steve "EpicSteve" Beynon. Join us as we discuss the new intern, Lemon's first I Love Mondays, Steve's deployment to Afghanistan and more! Dragon Ball Z might get mentioned once or twice. Who cares.

OH, ALSO: we're on iTunes now! It ain't pretty, but it works! (If you're having trouble getting the new episode: hit subscribe, go to Podcasts, click Internal Affairs, then click Refresh in the lower-right corner.)

#2 Edited by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Nice, I will definitely be listening.  I really enjoyed the first one. 

#3 Posted by RTSlord (1200 posts) -

awww yeah

#4 Posted by EuanDewar (4873 posts) -

Kessler adalah Planet.

#5 Posted by LeetBalla (697 posts) -

So fucking boring, on air chemistry isn't there and the jokes fall flat. Sorry duders. Also, learn to work a soundboard.

#6 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1734 posts) -

Why didn't you guys let Lemon into the room so he could get near a mic?

#7 Posted by DeeGee (2119 posts) -

... did Lemon even have a mic?

#8 Edited by Babylonian (837 posts) -

Huh, it totally does sound like something's up with his mic! Towards the end of the show, he started clipping with some of those super-loud laughs, so I cut his levels down a bit, but not anymore than anyone else's. I'll hop into the podcast room real quick and compare this MP3 to the original file to see if something happened to his channel.

Edit: I went back and listened to the source file, and I've come to the conclusion the issue isn't with the mixing, it's with his distance from the microphone. We'll crack down on that when we record next week. Thanks, guys!

#9 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

@LeetBalla said:

So fucking boring, on air chemistry isn't there and the jokes fall flat. Sorry duders. Also, learn to work a soundboard.

Weird, I thought last time you quit within 10 minutes and said you'll stick to the Bombcast. I think you secretly love us. Thanks for listening, duder!

#10 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

This show sucks

#11 Edited by RTSlord (1200 posts) -

@GlenTennis i liked the earth defense force joke at the end 

and i thought you guys had a lot of chemistry, fuck what leetballa said 

EDIT: just sent in an email!

#12 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Be funnier.

Jk, Havnt listened to it yet, liked the first episode

#13 Posted by ThePickle (4160 posts) -

Lemon's laugh continues to haunt me. I thought I escaped it after last year.

#14 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

This podcast may have the highest rate of bad jokes ever recorded. 
I love it. 
Keep safe Steve.

#15 Posted by DeeGee (2119 posts) -

Just finished it, I quite liked it. Sad to hear that Military Steve is leaving so early, I was looking forward to seeing him around.

#16 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

That was great guys. As entertaining as the bombcast! Good luck EpicSteve!

#17 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Poor Mexi-Steve needs to be less afraid of the mic. EAT IT!

#18 Edited by Aegon (5471 posts) -

Hahaha...the Ginyu Force. Nice. Haha, and at a second glance I realize how fitting Kessler's role is in that pic. 

#19 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

I like what I'm hearing. Keep the pod casts coming.

#20 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Shoutouts to Bible Black.

#21 Edited by LeetBalla (697 posts) -

@GlenTennis: You mad bro? I decided to give you guys another chance because I saw that CQC Steve was on the cast and it still sucked. Also, I'm glad that my comments are so very memorable that you would hold them there in your heart.

#22 Posted by Tennmuerti (8059 posts) -

Finally.

We were promised this Sunday. Liars!

#23 Edited by Sparklykiss (1955 posts) -

Lemon sounds like he's moving away from you guys, but, hey! That was pretty good. Thanks for taking so god damn long to post this thing.

#24 Posted by Pop (2617 posts) -

it was fairly enjoyable to listen to, I wish there was less DBZ talk cause I know mostly everything about it, don't you guys like games? talk about games! also there should be a weekly thing where you ask Nick a movie related question :D Also if you make it an hour I wouldn't mind.

#25 Posted by JJOR64 (18941 posts) -

Shoutouts to PJ Salt.  Wonder if anyone else know who that is on here.

#26 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

@JJOR64: Also I forgot to give Mr. Victor Font a shout out.

#27 Posted by wumbo3000 (954 posts) -

I'm not gonna lie....Lemon's laugh is the best laugh I've ever heard.  Turn his mike up!

#28 Posted by Headin (30 posts) -

you guys have a great back and forth, keep it up.

#29 Posted by Jazzycola (662 posts) -

As far as people complaining about audio quality/volume, I'd say it's pretty good for a second episode. If you want to hear some bad audio go listen to Girlfight over at IGN that thing is a mess. Overall, I'd say it's good but needs more structure.

#30 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5415 posts) -

In the interest of testing out my graphics drivers, I played this whole thing in Audiosurf just now.

My final score was 59,578.

#31 Posted by themangalist (1731 posts) -

Im enjoying this podcast so much. It's dumb fun. Very chill. I just wished it was more informative about all the anime, the games, and the everything else you guys actually know about, 

Keep up the good work ;D

#32 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2379 posts) -

This is just plain awesome. Nice to hear what goes on in the background of the whiskey media offices.

#33 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5415 posts) -

@artofwar420: =D

#34 Posted by Sander (411 posts) -
@Babylonian said:

Huh, it totally does sound like something's up with his mic! Towards the end of the show, he started clipping with some of those super-loud laughs, so I cut his levels down a bit, but not anymore than anyone else's. I'll hop into the podcast room real quick and compare this MP3 to the original file to see if something happened to his channel.

Edit: I went back and listened to the source file, and I've come to the conclusion the issue isn't with the mixing, it's with his distance from the microphone. We'll Crack Down on that when we record next week. Thanks, guys!

What an unnecessarily laborious ploy to plug a favourite game
#35 Posted by Toxin066 (3271 posts) -

EpicSteve is epic.