iPhone Games on GB?

Piot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Piot

Can you please make it possible to add iPhone games to the wiki?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By TheHBK

Hmmm, I think we all know how the guys feel about iphone games.  Are other mobile games included in this like Tetris on a phone or Doom on Windows Mobile?  I don't think so...  I would say that iphone games wont get their own pages just yet.  Maybe just a note on the bottome or say Tiger 10 that says, yeah there is a crappy version of this on the Iphone.

Piot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Piot

I understand your position, but there are good games on iPhone, even if they are few. If Jeff likes "djungelvrål", he must love games on the iPhone :)

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Out_On_Bail
Piot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Piot

Cool, thanks!

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#6  Edited By TobyD81
@TheHBK:Drop 7, Trism, Aurora Feint, Rolando, Fieldrunners, and other iPhone games all have Wiki pages. Remakes have their iPhone version listed like Mega Man 2, Wolfenstein, and Peggle. iPhone is a listed platform when filling in a game's release data, so why shouldn't iPhone-specific games have their own pages?
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By TheHBK
@TobyD81:
Well my point was that there are other mobile games out there that dont or would not get a page.  This is not really a gaming platform in my eyes but i understand if others see it that way.  It is just that I suppose because it is the iphone that people seem to want these pages.  But I have games on my Windows mobile phone and dont think these releases deserve a page.  Where would it stop and how would you define a game?  A simple app where you just shake stuff and score points?  Is that a game?  I think that baby shaking thing goes in there.  Same goes for some of that crappy DSi Ware stuff.  Its up for debate still I think and it will just get harder to define what a real video game is, say from a console or DS or PSP and just a game made for a specific device, especially since technology is getting up there where most phones now can play games with 3d graphics.
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#8  Edited By TobyD81
@TheHBK said:
" @TobyD81: Well my point was that there are other mobile games out there that dont or would not get a page.  This is not really a gaming platform in my eyes but i understand if others see it that way...
...Its up for debate still I think and it will just get harder to define what a real video game is, say from a console or DS or PSP and just a game made for a specific device, especially since technology is getting up there where most phones now can play games with 3d graphics. "

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a "real" video game. Many games are made with a specific platform in mind, even platforms like DS, PSP, Wii, PS3, and 360. I also don't see how a port to a mobile platform turns a game into something else; if Doom, Wolfenstein, Mega Man 2, Tetris, Pac Man, Galaga, or Dig Dug get at least fairly faithful ports to iPhone, does that platform somehow make them no longer games? Are Trism, Topple, Rolando, and Word Jong not games?
In regards to the OP, I'm glad that Giant Bomb takes an inclusive stance and recognizes the iPhone as a platform worthy of its own section in the Wiki. Of course, it's up to the Giant Bomb community to decide what should be there.