Is 360 still the way to go for Multipaltform titles?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Obviously, online games are more than likely going to be better on 360 due to live being better, but what about singleplayer games like batman (discounting Joker for a minute, jsut focusing on performance and graphics) and etc.? Obviously, most games are nigh different in msot regards, but does 360 still win out by some? I mean, the games that dont matter usually look better on 360, Like GI JOE and other crap like that. but even Batman looked a bit better on 360, although its not by alot. Im asking because I would love to stop worrying about this crap and jsut have a console for Multiplat games. I mean, are PS3 versions of games going to start to look better and I should maybe get them all on that? or will devs not care and just make them the same on PS3, if that.
Izick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Izick

Seems mostly even, sometimes 360 has very slightly better anti-aliasing or some minor stuff like that.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By PufferFiz
@Izick said:
" Seems mostly even, sometimes 360 has very slightly better anti-aliasing or some minor stuff like that. "
pretty much. Now a days you have to be a real freak about graphics to buy a game over such a small difference ( if there is any). Though there are still those rare fuck ups(ghostbusters).
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bubahula

all i know is that fallout looked quite a bit better on 360 and ghostbusters had some effects you couldnt see on the ps3, i think devs are just more comfortable on 360
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By crusader8463

still the way to go? It never was for me. I always go PC version when i can, and so far the few exclusives the ps3/360 have don't interest me enough to get them. The only one i used to want badly was Valkyra Chronicls, but after watching the anime i found the world the game is set in a lot less interesting then  i originally did.

Izick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Izick

Yeah, if you have to have the best graphics, go PC. 

If you aren't 360 and PS3 are basically equal.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By penguindust

Right now, I follow one rule for multiplatform games.  If I plan to use the online play, then I go 360, if I am only interested in the single player, I go PS3.  There is no reason or rhyme to this anymore, but it's what I do so I have a good balance of games in my collection.  It's purely psychological.

Izick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Izick
@PenguinDust: That's actually not bad. I would likely do something similar.
Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Radar
@Izick said:
" Seems mostly even, sometimes 360 has very slightly better anti-aliasing or some minor stuff like that. "
The AA (or lack thereof) on most multiplatform games on the PS3 makes my eyes bleed. Maybe it's just me.

I'd pick the PS3 for multiplayer games since you're not forced to pony up ~50 bones to play.
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ch13696

If you want a multiplatform game that looks better then go for PC. Fallout 3, Dragon Age Origins,  Far Cry 2, and other stuff.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By AgentJ

It doesn't fucking matter what console you buy it for other than what controller you prefer. It really doesn't matter. If you own both, it should not matter which you buy a game for. 

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Is all you make is PS3 vs 360 threads? Stop Duder.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai

As far as graphics go then I noticed that the 360 has a sharper image and the PS3 has better textures, but multi platform games are pretty much even these days. Developers are starting to get how to work with the cell and the rsx. 

whooping_crane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By whooping_crane

I think now the main things to help you decide are which controller you prefer and whether you would rather add to your trophy collection or your gamer score.

haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By haethos

According to the Bombcast and other assorted podcasts, the buzz is that porting a game to the PS3 is a tough job, while it seems like the port from PC -> 360 is fairly easy. In the August issue of Game Informer, I believe some developer stated this outright. I'll see if I can find the exact quote when I get home from work :)
haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By haethos
@crusader8463 said:
"only one i used to want badly was Valkyra Chronicls, but after watching the anime i found the world the game is set in a lot less interesting then  i originally did. "

The VC anime did the game absolutely no justice. Don't let the blandness of the anime turn you off of the game--the game was beyond excellent.
MountainMarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MountainMarine

Most of these multiplatform titles come with multiplayer which is FAR better on the 360. Also i think the graphics look slightly more realistic on the 360

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Linkyshinks

Definitely, and that may well be the case throughout the entirety of this gen. unless developers create tools to synchronize output as seen in CryEngine 3. When you create a foundation for a game using a PC, and then move it onto the 360, and then take that console build and apply code for it to run on PS3, something is bound to get lost along the way, unless you make arrangements to counteract that within the design process. The problem right now is, that without some of the synchronization tools I mention above, developers will naturally want to work on the 360 build first, being Windows native platform, they don't want to be bogging themselves down with programming for the Cell when even the best development teams have little experience with it.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By flaminghobo

Online Play: Xbox 360
Best Graphical Capabilities: PC