#1 Edited by Evercaptor (391 posts) -

I used to use the site's tracking to keep tallies on my S-Ranks (for DLC purposes) but I can't find it on my account settings anymore; am I dumb or is it not there anymore?

#2 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

It was removed for the site move over. I am guessing it will come back sooner or later.

#3 Edited by mikey87144 (1729 posts) -

They've said it will probably comeback when they see how Microsoft and Sony implement it in next gen hardware. That being said not sure why the Steam one still couldn't be there.

#4 Posted by Pr1mus (3872 posts) -

@mikey87144: Jeff's answer on his tumblr about the Steam Achievements.

Steam would probably be the easiest to bring back, but the bulk of the work is platform-agnostic, from an engineering perspective.

#5 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

yes

#6 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

Hope it'll be back soon ._.

#7 Posted by Nux (2330 posts) -

For now. They might bring it back later when all the bugs on the new site are fixed.

#8 Posted by Evercaptor (391 posts) -
#9 Posted by MormonWarrior (2571 posts) -

Sorry to dredge up a months-old thread, but I've been wondering this myself lately. It really made my enjoyment of the site and achievements/trophies in general much higher. I'm hoping they bring it back soon. I got a bunch of S-ranks purely due to the way they tracked it on this site. How else am I going to show off my 100% in Super Meat Boy?

#10 Edited by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

This topic has been brought up elsewhere, but just to be clear about this again, the reason the achievement tracking was removed from the site in the redesign was because it was breaking every few weeks and was too much of a job for the engineers to keep fixing. It was so faulty even for a lot of the period when it was a site feature it wasn't functional. The problems were really caused by the fact that Sony and Microsoft don't have proper APIs for pulling that stuff off of their systems, so the site was essentially just scraping data. Maybe they'll include APIs for achievement data in the next Xbox and Playstation, but if they don't it'll be significantly harder for the engineers to implement and maintain this stuff again. It may come back, it may not.

#11 Posted by ep_driver (443 posts) -

Finally S ranked a game, only to learn this feature was removed. =[

Sad days, indeed.

#12 Posted by Andrewoh (11 posts) -

Still nothing?

#13 Posted by Fattony12000 (7300 posts) -

...yuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

#14 Posted by Nightriff (4991 posts) -

I wish they brought it back, it was really useful for me and I liked seeing the score next to everyone's name.

#15 Posted by justpooparoundit (7 posts) -

I would love to see it come back. Not only for bragging rights, but I made online friends by seeing what games they enjoyed. Sigh, I miss gaming with them.

#16 Posted by Fattony12000 (7300 posts) -

The trophy tracking on the PlayStation site is actually nice and good, now!

#17 Posted by crithon (3128 posts) -

@fattony12000: yeah, like there was a point before PS4 launched you had to wait a day before the web site would tell you if you received that trophy you just got. But now they incorporated comparing with friends, percentages and it's all baby steps into something much better then I expected. It's gotten to a point where I'm like "huh, I could also replay little big planet for this dumb achievement everyone else has."

#18 Edited by Sammo21 (3261 posts) -

I would say that, right now, Sony and Steam are the easiest to track as you can easily pull trophy data and Steam achievement data. However, with as easy as it is to hack Steam achievements I wonder what the point is in even tracking those.

#19 Edited by Chaser324 (6427 posts) -

I guess this might come back some day, but it would be awesome if MS and Sony would implement some proper web APIs for pulling this info like Steam (MS has their limited XCDP program but as far as I know that doesn't provide all of the desired info). Most people get this info by scraping the Xbox/Playstation sites (or the SmartGlass app in the case of Xbox One achievements), but that's highly inefficient, subject to breaking, and is technically breaking the terms of service.

Moderator Online