• 53 results
#1 Posted by moywar700 (174 posts) -

The graphics looks decent

It's pretty small and convenient.

A person is pretty much getting this to support Indie games and wanting to play them.I haven't been playing video games that much and I might get back into it because of the Ouya.

#2 Posted by HairyMike87 (1015 posts) -

I completely forgot about the Ouya. I'm interested to see what games will be out for it.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (910 posts) -

I'm more interested in the Steam Box

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (11689 posts) -

I still don't really understand the appeal of the Ouya...

#5 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

The best way I could simplify it is that it combines the low level of entry for developers that you see on PC with the accessibility of a console. Also, it runs Android which means all your other services like Netflix, Google Music, and YouTube can be accessed.

#6 Posted by crusader8463 (14413 posts) -

Doesn't interest me in the least. Most of these android/iphone games are just flash games with a little extra time spent on making them more of a game and they throw a $.99 price tag on them. I have yet to see a game released for that platform that was interesting. Each their own though.

#7 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I'm not.

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I'm more interested in the Steam Box

Me too.

#8 Posted by moywar700 (174 posts) -

What's a steam box?

#9 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Hell no. Can't think of a single reason why I should be excited...

#10 Posted by believer258 (11629 posts) -

@moywar700 said:

What's a steam box?

A console that runs on boiled water.

#11 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4280 posts) -

Nope. I can't think of a void this would fill for me. I have all the consoles. I have a PC. I have an Android phone. I'm going to buy an Android tablet. This would quite literally be a waste of money for me.

#12 Posted by BisonHero (6154 posts) -

@Ace829 said:

@BeachThunder said:

The best way I could simplify it is that it combines the low level of entry for developers that you see on PC with the accessibility of a console. Also, it runs Android which means all your other services like Netflix, Google Music, and YouTube can be accessed.

It still seems less appealing than just developing for PC and releasing the game on your website, Desura, Gamersgate, and then try to get it onto Steam. That seems like you would expose your game to WAY more people than the small subset of people who would ever own an Ouya.

If you've already committed to not releasing on the Xbox 360 or PS3, I don't see how Android is more appealing than just developing for regular ass PC and Mac.

#13 Posted by Firecreed17 (52 posts) -

I wouldn't say looking forward to it but more interested what will come after it. I actually hope it does really well and causes more developers to try things. Let a little more competition onto the field. Might make the big three innovate in an interesting way but I doubt this will do that.

#14 Posted by Dixego (380 posts) -

I still believe it might be a massive scam.

#15 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

If you've already committed to not releasing on the Xbox 360 or PS3, I don't see how Android is more appealing than just developing for regular ass PC and Mac.

I see it more appealing for the developer simply because (I'd imagine) the Ouya will be using Google Play as THE marketplace to get Ouya games from. That would make it easier in my eyes to get exposure on your game versus the PC where you have many different clients like you said and that can make it harder for you to sell your game if you only have it on let's say GamersGate and that's it. Sure, you could try to Greenlight it on Steam but we all know how that's been working out.

My other point is that not every person with a PC might be able to run your game, whereas everyone with an Ouya will be able to run whatever game you're selling (unless your game is a broken piece of crap of course).

#16 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

@moywar700 said:

What's a steam box?

A pipe dream.

Get it? Cause they're called Valve!

#17 Posted by Hailinel (23857 posts) -

Not really. The people behind Ouya have to prove that they can deliver first.

#18 Posted by thebeastwithtwobacks (140 posts) -

i dont know how to pronounce it so I try not to think about it

#19 Posted by Nighthawk871 (53 posts) -
#20 Posted by _Chad (963 posts) -

@Nighthawk871 said:

@thebeastwithtwobacks said:

i dont know how to pronounce it so I try not to think about it

This is how you pronounce it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rTzJIxBHKc

I would of been pissed if that was anything other than Randy Savage.

#21 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I'm looking forward to buying one and putting it on a shelf next to my Tony Hawk: Shred board.

#22 Posted by Korolev (1700 posts) -

Completely forgot about it until I saw this thread. I'm not really looking forward to it, since I doubt its capabilities and I have no idea whether or not it will genuinely take off.

Having said that, I am not opposed to the Ouya. I wish its developers all the best and if it turns out great, then I'll get one. But without further information or any indication of what games it'll run, I can't be excited. It's currently more-or-less a blackbox to me. I can't get excited over a blackbox.

#23 Posted by moywar700 (174 posts) -

I don't care what anybody is saying but I'm getting this!

Of course,I'll check of it's good or not.

#24 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

no, i am not excited for it. i think it's nothing, since it's pretty much a android phone for the tv. i have a tv, console, computer, phone for that kind of stuff.

#25 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

No, because the butch lesbian promo lady scares the shit out of me.

#26 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I already have a cellphone sorry

#27 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

Not really. its like a phone that has been transformed to a console.

Let them prove that they can deliver something is worth it then i might be thinking of it

for me, im interested in the Steam Box no doubt!

#28 Posted by krazy_kyle (716 posts) -

It would make for a nice portable console to take to a friends house.

#29 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1731 posts) -

I'm curious if it will get off the ground. That, and I mostly forgot about it already.

#30 Posted by bio595 (307 posts) -

I'm interested because I know how to make Android Apps

#31 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1552 posts) -

Oh yeah, that thing...

#32 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I'll keep an eye on it. A 900k Kickstarter reached 8 mil. Crazy.

#33 Posted by JoeyRavn (4948 posts) -

I love my Archos G9 101. It runs Ice Cream Sandwhich and will probably be updated to Jelly Bean in the near future. It has an HDMI out port and I can use Bluetooth gamepads wirelessly.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't really need an Ouya, because I already have a gaming-capable Android device. I find the idea of an Android console interesting, but it won't do anything that can't be done today with far better alternatives.

#34 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

So is this thing still coming? Their kickstarter page was last updated over a month ago, their twitter page seems to mostly retweet meaningless tweets every other day (same with the founder Julie Uhrman's twitter), and their official website haven't updated in almost three weeks.

When the thing was "hot" people couldn't stop talking about it, but I honestly can't remember anyone (official or inofficial) talking about it recently. Or am I just being a pessimist?

#35 Posted by Nightriff (4911 posts) -

No, more interested to see what it exactly becomes but I have no desire to play anything on it. I'll just continue to save up for a PS4 or upgrading my PC

#36 Posted by Hunter5024 (5536 posts) -

I look forward to seeing what happens with it though I don't think I'll ever buy one. I bet it crashes and burns.

#37 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Ill be interested to see if it actually appears.

#38 Posted by Nintendude (283 posts) -

I always forget that I even bought a console and it's coming... eventually.

Main purpose for my cube is to be a small emulator computer. If it's successful commercially too, there's a nice additional "feature".

#39 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

seen nothing that makes me excited for it yet.

#40 Posted by Leafhopper (228 posts) -

Not really, just seems like a cellphone trying to pass itself off as a console.

#41 Posted by fisk0 (3849 posts) -

Have they actually shown what it'll be capable of graphics wise?

I'm certainly interested in it, but at the moment more at the conceptual level than what it will be actually capable of.

#42 Posted by That1BlackGuy (217 posts) -

Never was all that hyped for it to begin with, though I will admit that the hype died down damn fast for his project. It may be success by the end of the day, but I have my reservations and am taking a wait and see approach to how it turns out.

#43 Posted by SSully (4125 posts) -

@fisk0 said:

I'm certainly interested in it, but at the moment more at the conceptual level than what it will be actually capable of.

No, they have shown nothing but renders of the device and specs that they want in it.

Its amazing how much money this thing got and how many people in this thread are actually excited for this despite the fact that this unknown company has given nothing but concepts.

#44 Posted by SSully (4125 posts) -

@fisk0 said:

No, they have shown nothing but renders of the device and specs that they want in it.

Its amazing how much money this thing got and how many people in this thread are actually excited for this despite the fact that this unknown company has given nothing but concepts.

#45 Posted by Keavy_Rain (129 posts) -

I barely play the games I have on my iPhone, so why would I pay $99 to finance a project that, if it succeeds, gets me the same thing my iPhone does but on my TV?

#46 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2004 posts) -

Ouya?

Oh no!

I haven't even seen much else on it at all aside from the fact it had a very successful start so I don't have anything to look forward to from it.

#47 Posted by joshth (500 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus said:

Ouya?

Oh no!

OH YEAH

#48 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

Did they ever talk about how they're going to mass manufacture it? I feel like they're going to have to ship a decent sized number out of the gate based on the donations they got.

#49 Posted by GODWASP (41 posts) -

Im getting the limited edition brown finish 1 :D

#50 Posted by Slaegar (688 posts) -

The idea of a more open console is very attractive. I hate playing games on my phone because on screen buttons are terrible. I hope it ends up being awesome, but I'm certainly not going to buy one on launch.

At $100 its still a fair price for a netflix box at the worst case. Its better than what microsoft charges for one.