#1 Edited by Bocam (3832 posts) -

While I find it nice to know when certain things are coming. I don't like it when it seems to imply we're only getting two (one for non-members) more pieces of video content. Also why not have the bombcast show up there?

#2 Edited by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

Bombcast goes up every Tuesday at a random time, usually late. No use in putting it on the homepage.

#3 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1811 posts) -
@Bocam: Because the bombcast never has a set time-frame other than Tuesday. I think it's really cool, and it makes sense now that they're discontinuing ILM. Now they can just do other stupid video stuff. A weekly video thing would be awesome.
#4 Posted by Taklulas (401 posts) -

So you dislike good things? I see.

#5 Posted by Bollard (5868 posts) -

I think it's a really good feature. Just cause its a little empty atm doesn't detract from its usefulness.

#6 Posted by Yummylee (22576 posts) -

I agree to some extent. On one hand, you know when stuffs coming, but on the other it can also confirm that there's like a single QL for the day, and that can be disappointing. I always enjoyed checking back on GB after so long to see if there was new content, and even if there wasn't... after a few more hours... you never know. :O

#7 Posted by HummingLight (10 posts) -

It is easily my favorite thing about the new design.  Knowing which Quick Looks and features are coming give me something to look forward to and also lets me not have to check the site every five minutes for updates.
#8 Posted by SMTDante89 (2587 posts) -

It's nice to know when things are coming out.

#9 Posted by zombie2011 (5052 posts) -

people always find something to bitch about. 

Everyone loved I love Mondays and thats pretty much what the "coming next" option is.

#10 Posted by musclerider (596 posts) -
@HummingLight said:
It is easily my favorite thing about the new design.  Knowing which Quick Looks and features are coming give me something to look forward to and also lets me not have to check the site every five minutes for updates.
This. 
I mean as exciting as it was to just come to the site and see a new quick look I'd still rather know beforehand. 
#11 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

So you guys don't like this feature because you used to fill your days with refreshing the home-page, and now you don't have to?

#12 Posted by Mopsical (26 posts) -
It's like I Love Mondays, but now every day is Monday! 

Needless to say, I dig it.
#13 Posted by Bocam (3832 posts) -
@I_smell: Pretty much
#14 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

Half the time I don't even see it. It's kinda lame it only shows up when there's a video on the front page if you ask me...

#15 Posted by silentghost227 (79 posts) -

It is just me or does the coming up feature only show up when there is a video featured at the top?

#16 Edited by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -
@Bocam said:

@I_smell: Pretty much

If that's the case, download an app for your browser that blocks the Coming Up element so you can spend your day refreshing the page.
#17 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

I'd rather they get rid of "Featured Games' bring back your Followed Blogs (I don't see any of them anymore now) and fix the Friends Stream. 

There's almost no point in following people anymore if their blogs and status updates don't show up on my main page. (Not that I follow many people anyway.)

#18 Posted by Bocam (3832 posts) -
@Axxol: My life is now complete again
#19 Posted by Th3_James (2579 posts) -

I like it.

#20 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -
@Wrighteous86 said:
I'd rather they get rid of "Featured Games' bring back your Followed Blogs (I don't see any of them anymore now) and fix the Friends Stream.  There's almost no point in following people anymore if their blogs and status updates don't show up on my main page. (Not that I follow many people anyway.)
Go to your profile and you'll see Followed Blogs.
#21 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
Half the time I don't even see it. It's kinda lame it only shows up when there's a video on the front page if you ask me...
This is why I don't like the new feature. Have that shit show up all of the time.
#22 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

I actually don't like knowing when things are coming up. Like that week they played all the PC Adventure games, it was like, oh here's one, oh here's another one, oh wait - another one! This is awesome! 

I guess I kinda like the surprise of turning up on the site and hey there's a random QL I wasn't expecting. I feel like this site is veering away from what made it unique, the original video content. Less news, more video. I know its time consuming to do video and a news article is the quicker content stuffer but I have plenty of other gaming news sites I go to, GiantBomb will never be it for me in that respect.  

#23 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I was think what with the way this site operates that it will probably never be updated on time or be correct except for regular shows like TNT and the HH.

#24 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

I like it, makes the site looks active.

#25 Edited by emem (1974 posts) -
@silentghost227 said:

It is just me or does the coming up feature only show up when there is a video featured at the top?

I don't see it either and I think I haven't seen it in a few days, to be honest.  

I can live without it.. actually I prefer to be surprised. 

Edit: Oh alright, so it really is only visible when a video is on top..
#26 Posted by Getz (3156 posts) -

Frankly, I don't like checking the site throughout the day hoping for something to be put up. I like knowing that something will be there in the morning when I wake up. How backwards are you to NOT want these things?

#27 Posted by Gaff (1890 posts) -
@ShaneDev
I was think what with the way this site operates that it will probably never be updated on time or be correct except for regular shows like TNT and the HH.
You do know that most stuff updates automatically, right?

At least, that's the impression I got from one of the behind the scene podcasts.
#28 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2733 posts) -
@Wrighteous86 said:
I'd rather they get rid of "Featured Games' bring back your Followed Blogs (I don't see any of them anymore now) and fix the Friends Stream.  There's almost no point in following people anymore if their blogs and status updates don't show up on my main page. (Not that I follow many people anyway.)
All of this is true.
#29 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2690 posts) -

I love it, I love knowing what I'm gonna get to watch. 
#30 Posted by Mento (2810 posts) -

I think they said during the live launch that the redesign was largely for the benefit of the casual viewers who only visit the site every so often, so they can easily tell what's coming up and what they've missed. Likewise, everything else on the front page is there to help advertise the site and the community, rather than being convenient for the community itself - like the very busy-looking not-a-friend stream and the eeriely static "best of" Community section.

It's not as if embracing the casual market is damaging the games industry as a whole, here. I'm not being facetious (entirely), either: it's good that the front page is more welcoming to newcomers and day-trippers since it'll mean more visitors, more subs and more revenue for the WM duders. 

We regulars can always scuttle off to our profile pages if we're interested in what's going on in our neck of the woods. Or neck of the site. Whatevs.

#31 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -
@Gaff: I assumed that the regular stuff like TNT and HH was automatic but I also assumed they would have to enter the times for QL's and other video stuff manually since the time would vary from week to week. Although your probably right and they upload the video to the site, set the clock and then once it hits the correct time it goes live. Its still seems a bit pointless though.
#32 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -
@Axxol said:
@Wrighteous86 said:
That's one step too many.
#33 Posted by Korrz (62 posts) -

I like it as a feature, the only part about it I don't like is realizing how little content there actually is.

#34 Posted by blueaniman93 (604 posts) -

I love the coming up on giant bomb feature. It annoys me when the spotlight is on an article and the feature is not there anymore. If I had to pick one thing about the redesign that I did not like, it would be that the video player is not permanent.

#35 Posted by DuskVamp (681 posts) -

I like knowing what quick looks to expect.

#36 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

I love it.

#37 Posted by Portis (1283 posts) -

I love it. 

The only problem I have with the new design is the friends activity on the front page shows everyone instead. I wonder when they'll fix that?

#38 Posted by Stackboy (517 posts) -

No, I like knowing when things are coming out and a little preview of what to expect next on GB. It was good to know the Trenched QL was coming out soon.

#39 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

I would like it if it was more accurate. Seems the release time for something gets pushed back as it's getting close fairly often.

#40 Posted by ThePickle (4169 posts) -

I like it. I don't like how it is currently empty though. 

#41 Posted by drag (1206 posts) -

i like it when there's stuff in there

#42 Posted by Khadyn (227 posts) -

Love the new Coming up addition..gave me some excitement over the long weekend knowing the QL "Trenched" was gonna happen and will be an instant purchase for me after getting quite a few laughs watching it.

#43 Posted by batalha (4 posts) -
@HummingLight said:
Agreed
#44 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -
@SlashseveN303 said:
@Axxol said:
@Wrighteous86 said:
That's one step too many.
I actually didn't realize they moved that stuff there. I am now satisfied. I like the "Coming Up" feature, but I don't watch things live or wait for things to show up, so it's mostly useless to me. Nice to see what I can look forward to though.