Is anyone else's TV habits dictated by Netflix's Watch Instantly?

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Icil

I've started living on my own for two years now, and now I'm convinced that I'll never pay for cable (just for internet). 

I feel like I'm with a big chunk of the world that just finished a South Park Season 1-8 binge, followed by Mythbusters, then some Cosmos, etc. Caught up on LOST a while ago all from my XBox, picked up Farscape, dismissed 30Rock, among others.

Now I'm on King of the Hill every day, and South Park 10-13 (imaginationland = magnum opus, imo). 

Granted, I use Hulu among other online TV-watching sites, but I only use it to catch up on modern shows. When I'm bored and want some mindless media, I turn on the Netflix. 

Anyone else got that type of thing going on?

Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kiera

nope i like sitting on a couch with friends and watching tv and laughing at commercials

Stubert73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stubert73

@Icil: I'm with you. Watching cable makes me angry. I'm paying for crappy repeats AND having to watch stupid commercials? I cut cable 6 months ago and haven't missed it thanks to Netflix instawatch.

stankit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By stankit

In a way, yes.  I still watch plenty of normal t.v., but instant netflix is great to have.  I had to go a week in my dorm room without my 360 because I forgot half of the power cord at home.  I quickly realized how much I misses my netflix and also, how bad t.v. is from 1:00-5:00.   
I have gotten into Law & Order: SVU with instant netflix.   

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By EthanielRain

Yep.  Saves me ~$50/month and there's always something I want to watch.

My one complaint is that I can't download stuff in HD :(  I've been getting some stuff from Zune because of that, but it's too expensive in the long run.

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By CountRockula

Pretty much, yeah.  I'll use Hulu to keep up with the current shows I watch (of which there are few), but everything else I watch these days is on Netflix.  It's how I watched Seasons 1-3 of Farscape, but now it's killing me because they don't have season 4 streaming.  I've got the discs in my regular queue, but Netflix must have only one copy of season 4, because I've been waiting on the third disc for months.  I wish they could be a little more consistent.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrKlorox

Nope, it's all Hulu :P

But seriously, I watch TV only on Sunday evening (Fox cartoons) and Thursday nights (NBC comedies). But not when the episodes are old.

I do almost all my gaming on my PC monitor instead of in the living room on the TV, and without that convenience of tuning in and dropping out, I tend to watch a lot less. If I didn't have to look for and click on individual videos when on the net, I would probably 'drop out' a lot more often on the net.

jrbl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jrbl1

I hate commercials.  Thanks to Netflix on my XBOX and my DVR I don't watch them anymore. 

Mono_Listo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Mono_Listo

I don't watch anything with commercials unless they're DVR'd so I can fast forward through them. So it's all HBO (True Blood, comedy, Bill Maher), DVR, DVD/Bluray, podcasts, Hulu or Netflix for me. I already pay for cable and Internet access, the hell if I'm going to put up with sitting through advertisements to boot.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By c1337us

Nope.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Not really though it is pretty bad ass that the complete series of Buffy and Angel is on Instant.

tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By tranquilchaos

TV sucks. Netflix is rad though.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Scullinator

Netflix is like a drug.  I started watching the Office last weekend when nothing was on TV.  I have not watched anything else since.  (except the Lost finale)  Im almost done with season 5 and I think im going to revisit 24 next.  If you have not watched Prison Break, that show was amazing.  Surface was another but that snow got canceled so if you like cliff hanger endings that will never have a resolution that show was really good too.