#1 Posted by Wolverine (4575 posts) -

I don't play a lot of games on my computer and I have a MacBook Pro that I only run Mac OS X on. Would it be possible for me to play Civilization V on it when it comes out or will Civ V only run on Windows? Thanks

#2 Posted by Jeknod (229 posts) -

Some 2K rep said at GDC "Every other Civ has eventually come to Mac, and CIv V probably won't be an exception". So yes, it's coming to Mac. Soon.

Let's just hope it's not a crappy Cider port.

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6652 posts) -

Maybe you should just set up a partition since BootCamp is already installed and it really isn't that hard.

#4 Posted by Wolverine (4575 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" Maybe you should just set up a partition since BootCamp is already installed and it really isn't that hard. "
I would but the only full Windows OS I own right now is XP and I have the upgrade disc for Windows 7 which wouldn't work. It's just not worth it for me to pay over $100 to be able to run Windows 7 on my PC so I can play Civ V at launch.
#5 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6652 posts) -
@Wolverine: If it is just for Civ V I don't see why XP wouldn't be good enough. 

It isn't like you can't erase it later if you don't want it anymore.
#6 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3205 posts) -
#7 Posted by Wolverine (4575 posts) -

I guess I'll just buy Civ IV now and wait for Civ V to eventually come to Mac.

#8 Posted by dantheman1515 (311 posts) -

I'm in the same boat, I just hope the Mac version comes out by the end of the year.

#9 Posted by StaticFalconar (4920 posts) -

Steam bro, you're probably set, unless the mac version of games come out later than the PC counterparts.