Is Giant Bomb Completely F***** (Or, an Ode to Dave Snider)

• 62 results
Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

This is probably the reason for the issues yesterday and today:

@mrpibb said:

sorry guys, looking into this. we rolled out a new beanstalk server yesterday and are trying to figure out why nothing is talking to it.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Damn you Vinny ... never leave that chair again >:3

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By LackingSaint

Settling into the new office.

For reals though, i'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. Things are a bit busted but i'm sure they're tearing their hair out over it already.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

All funds are being used to fuel VinnCo. Duh.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@greggd said:

@bocam said:

Complain/send puppy pictures to rorie maybe your issue will be fixed

If he's on the fence, the puppy pictures are a make or break.

"I don't know...send the pictures first and we'll see."

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

For reals though, i'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. Things are a bit busted but i'm sure they're tearing their hair out over it already.

It actually appears that they aren't and most if not the entire team is working on the GameSpot redesign - which kind of seems insane for many reasons, the main one being that this site has a slew of problems after the redesign that still haven't been addressed. I don't see how you leave one site in a really shaky state and then apply a redesign to another which will probably experience similar issues and GameSpot gets a lot more traffic.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#58  Edited By LackingSaint

@humanity said:

@lackingsaint said:

It actually appears that they aren't and most if not the entire team is working on the GameSpot redesign - which kind of seems insane for many reasons, the main one being that this site has a slew of problems after the redesign that still haven't been addressed. I don't see how you leave one site in a really shaky state and then apply a redesign to another which will probably experience similar issues and GameSpot gets a lot more traffic.

Well keep in mind my exact phrasing; i'm sure they're tearing their hair out over this already. I'm not saying it's something they're immediately working on, and I think your "they're busy with the GameSpot redesign" explanation is probably right on the money. They ARE doing another major site overhaul, and that's why i'm willing to give them a break on this. GiantBomb as a site is not fundamentally broken or archaic in the same way the GameSpot site is, and while the problems are not insignificant over here I think it's best to let them get on with things. "We did what we were asked and completely remade this huge website, then dealt with the bugs on the other website" seems much more healthy than "We almost did what we were asked about completely remaking this huge website, but then the community started freaking out about how we're completely fucked on the other site so we had to sidetrack and start spinning plates."

PS damn it giantbomb engineers why doesn't it at least warn me before deleting my message when i hit the delete button. it's RIGHT NEXT TO THE EDIT BUTTON JESUS CHRIST.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@shagge said:

They're getting used to the new office.

Ha. You made me laugh.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@extomar said:
@charlie_victor_bravo said:

Vinny is on vacation -> site starts to fall apart. You do the math.

The site runs off of Vinny?

Duh!

And one day, the server burden will be passed on to Vinny's son just it was passed to him by his father. It is a proud Caravella tradition.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

To be honest the site would be better if they removed the forums altogether.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Sites been busted in more ways then one (or a dozen) since the new launch.

And the way things haven't changed obvious stuff not fixed, features and functionality still not working, quoting and replaying to multiple people and posts still fucked, etcetera; doesn't look like it will ever be.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giantbomb kicks ass don't ever let anyone tell you different.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#65  Edited By Humanity

Sites been busted in more ways then one (or a dozen) since the new launch.

And the way things haven't changed obvious stuff not fixed, features and functionality still not working, quoting and replaying to multiple people and posts still fucked, etcetera; doesn't look like it will ever be.

My most recent weird bug is that semi frequently when I use CTRL-i to start typing in Italics and delete a few characters it will suddenly make all the text bold from the italics onward and there is no way to un-bold it. Maybe i can replicate it but maybe I can't.. well who knows why and when it happens.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By ch3burashka

Don't even joke about that shit, man. Once you go forum you can't go back. A few years back Gamesradar completely removed their forums - I still haven't recovered from that particular stab in the back.