• 57 results
AlwaysCrashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AlwaysCrashing

I'm still kinda new here, and although it's a cool community, it sometimes seem kinda small and not as busy or populated as some other sites.

I know the site is still relatively young, but I just wondered if people have the impression Giant Bomb will grow to be as big as GS or one of the other big sites, or if it will stay this kind of small, but really cool community.

Personally I'd like to see it grow bigger. I love the way the website is set out.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BiggerBomb

We'll find out and see. The more members the merrier and the more successful we get! :D

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Gameboi

It will grow as long as new members are made to feel  welcome when they stop by, and the site keeps chugging out content.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar

It will probably grow, but I'm hoping at a slow steady pace actually since every new member we get is potential for some stupid troll jerk that loves to rick roll people so hopefully the steady growth means the mods can handle and ban accordingly without being overwhelmed and getting the feeling the site is losing base....

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Karmum

It will grow over time, however, I'm digging the amount of people we have right now, because over time you will get to know almost everyone here.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HazBazz

In terms of members and community, i hope so.
In terms of staff, and the possibility of being bought by a bigger company, i hope not

EDIT: However, can I just point out that the more members a site gets, the more douches it gets. Sites like GameTrailers have some of the worst communiy I've ever seen. Go watch one of their video reviews, there will always be a tonne of dicks saying "This is crap, GT dont know fuck all!". I'd rather take a small but good community over a large corperate shithole.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I'm relatively new here, and I have high hopes of it growing as well. I mean its a damn awesome site.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

I hope it grows as old as me.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gameboi

On our part, we need to also make sure to keep the forums full of meaningful posts that invite responses and the tossing around of ideas. I'm seeing way too many "What should I buy," and "This is better than this" sort of posts at the moment. Those are great for creating division, but do little to forge a community. I'm not saying that they should completely disappear, but at least be balanced out by thoughtful posts.

I realize this place -- like every gaming site -- has plenty of younger, newer blood that is excited by what's going on today, but I also know of at least a couple of people here who have been gaming since the days before the Nintendo decided to enter the console business. These folks are a wealth of knowledge, and can bring a perspective to this site that someone playing Ocarina of Time 10  years after it was released just can't tap into. Why? Because they lived it, and didn't have to learn about it through second-hand sources.  Their age and experiences will also bring a level of maturity to the table that  often gets thrown by the wayside on forums.

These are the folks that best equipped to help steer the place to greater heights.  Get them  more involved, and Giant Bomb will flourish.

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Giantsquirrel

Nope, never.

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Teh_Eel

i'm sure it will grow, simply because it is providing a different type of coverage to most of the bigger sites at the moment, giantbomb has a more personal touch to things. Also the community is very alive with bombing runs going on and the community podcast BSHAF, and it helps that the forum are a nice place to be with great posters and cool mods.

Just hope its a steady rise and giantbomb keeps its personality.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12  Edited By the8bitNacho
Teh_Eel said:
"i'm sure it will grow, simply because it is providing a different type of coverage to most of the bigger sites at the moment, giantbomb has a more personal touch to things. Also the community is very alive with bombing runs going on and the community podcast BSHAF, and it helps that the forum are a nice place to be with great posters and cool mods.

Just hope its a steady rise and giantbomb keeps its personality."
Honestly, it's been a long time since I've actually seen any advertising on the site.  How the heck are they actually making any money doing this?  If my assumptions are correct, the website may grow, but the staff probably won't.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By End_Boss
StaticFalconar said:
"... every new member we get is potential for some stupid troll jerk..."
I see you've heard of me.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By AndrewGaspar
Kombat said:
"Teh_Eel said:
"i'm sure it will grow, simply because it is providing a different type of coverage to most of the bigger sites at the moment, giantbomb has a more personal touch to things. Also the community is very alive with bombing runs going on and the community podcast BSHAF, and it helps that the forum are a nice place to be with great posters and cool mods.

Just hope its a steady rise and giantbomb keeps its personality."
Honestly, it's been a long time since I've actually seen any advertising on the site.  How the heck are they actually making any money doing this?  If my assumptions are correct, the website may grow, but the staff probably won't."
It doesn't help that tons of its users are probably using AdBlocker in Firefox. =P
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187

The site would grow if it didn't drink so much fucking Mountain Dew and stunt its "growth".

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kratos81

There are a select few dicks on this site, that I think will hinder new users from posting here. I have been bashed many times some my fault, some not. The community needs to lighten up. I was even bash for my user name here a fucking gaming site. I still post here anyways, I would never let a few bullies push me away, but for some I think it will hurt this site.

jimbojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jimbojones

Uhhhh did my post disappear? 

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Absurd
Karmum said:
"It will grow over time, however, I'm digging the amount of people we have right now, because over time you will get to know almost everyone here."
Yeah, I also like the amount of people we have right now.
Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Duke_Lion

I agree, the community is a good size and full of good people.  I hate big ones full of Douche bags.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#20  Edited By Hector

This site is kick ass, of course it will grow!

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Giant Bomb will devour the rest of the internet. Even Youtube.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By BlackWaterCO

:P Just moved up to 19th on GiantBomb and all I can say is I love it!

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Ben_H

I don't post much here but I really dig this site.  I hate huge sites because anything you post gets buried really quickly and there are so many people you never get to know anyone.  On smaller sites you get to know people and it adds a lot of depth to what people post because you know them and how they view things so you know any biases they may have and all that.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By clarke0

There have been a LOT of new users recently so I'm sure the site will continue growing.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jayge_

People come, and people go. Launch activity was fucking ridiculous, and it sort of died down for a while, but we've been steadily building up in active community members for a few months. It's not a huge group of active posters, but everyone knows everyone, so it's cool. 1UP refugees keep showing up, and other people find their way over here, so yes, I think GIantBomb will pick up some more momentum and slow, steady growth as time goes on.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BiggerBomb
Jayge said:
"People come, and people go. Launch activity was fucking ridiculous, and it sort of died down for a while, but we've been steadily building up in active community members for a few months. It's not a huge group of active posters, but everyone knows everyone, so it's cool. 1UP refugees keep showing up, and other people find their way over here, so yes, I think GIantBomb will pick up some more momentum and slow, steady growth as time goes on."

Jayge, the gap between you and Karmum is narrowing. How does that make you feel?
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jayge_
BiggerBomb said:
"Jayge said:
"People come, and people go. Launch activity was fucking ridiculous, and it sort of died down for a while, but we've been steadily building up in active community members for a few months. It's not a huge group of active posters, but everyone knows everyone, so it's cool. 1UP refugees keep showing up, and other people find their way over here, so yes, I think GIantBomb will pick up some more momentum and slow, steady growth as time goes on."

Jayge, the gap between you and Karmum is narrowing. How does that make you feel?"
Fuck you :-( I don't wanna!
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By serbsta

Very slowly im guessing, but it will grow. I like it how it is now though. =]

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Qorious

Of course it'll grow. I gave up on Gamespot and I love the GiantBomb community.

JohngPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By JohngPR

Yea, I think so.  It's all up to the community, though.    

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LiquidPrince

It will. It just needs more reviews and video reviews.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#32  Edited By Vinchenzo

It can grow in community, but they better not hire anybody new. The small staff is what I like most. Hiring exceptions can be made, e.g. Rich / Greg.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Optiow

well we will grow bigger in time, GS is bigger yes, but this places's forums have somthing special that I just can't place.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34  Edited By granderojo

I just signed up, so yeah you just grew with me.

Foil_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Foil_Charizard

I would guess that a lot of the 1upers who are pissed about all the talent being laid off will be migrating here soon.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Optiow
Foil_Charizard said:
"I would guess that a lot of the 1upers who are pissed about all the talent being laid off will be migrating here soon."
Good thing to, 1up is a horrid place, if you are going to be a member of another site atleast go somewhere active, like Gamespot or IGN.
sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sociald1077

Honestly. I do not want Giant Bomb to grow to the commercial base that GS has. GS lost me years ago with its diluted customer base, but a few select editors kept me coming back. Now they are no longer there and GS and a few other little sites serves my gaming needs completely. The GB community is SO such better than the likes of the GS community,

In short: Small = better imho

Edit for grammar.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JoelTGM
LiquidPrince said:
"It will. It just needs more reviews and video reviews."
This^
Gamespot's community grew to be very crappy...  I hope this site doesn't get that way, but either way it will still be awesome.  No other gaming site allows this much freedom, for the users and for the staff. 
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Optiow
sociald1077 said:
"Honestly. I do not want Giant Bomb to grow to the commercial base that GS has. GS lost me years ago with its diluted customer base, but a few select editors kept me coming back. Now they are no longer there and GS and a few other little sites serves my gaming needs completely. The GB community is SO such better than the likes of the GS community,

In short: Small = better imho

Edit for grammar."
Atually you many be right there.
And most people here are active while in GS there are thosands upon thosands of unused profiles and non acticve people. But I have many ties there so I shall stay. But GB is one of my fav sites to hang out in.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Let me remind you that Giant Bomb is not like any other gaming website such as GS or IGN . Giant Bomb is essentially a wiki website exclusively about games . so the number of staff is not important since apart from the staff reviews , Videos and articles everything else is being created , edited and distributed by all the members . Wikipedia is also another Wiki website that present sum of all knowledge to everyone . and as a matter of fact the website has merely 23 staff . but the truth is that the website has millions of staff since it is a Wiki website . all of the aforementioned features also apply to Giant Bomb ; as a result inevitably  the website will grow bigger and better over time . in fact Giant Bomb will grow much faster than Gamespot or IGN .

Claude
said:

"I hope it grows as old as me."

You are as young as me Claude :)

Kombat said:
Honestly, it's been a long time since I've actually seen any advertising on the site.  How the heck are they actually making any money doing this?  If my assumptions are correct, the website may grow, but the staff probably won't."

All those drink tastes in Bomb Casts are actually advertising . also the Website has a store which members can show their support by purchasing T-shirts and stuff . 
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By JJOR64

If we go to other forums and tell them about this super awesome fantastic site of epicness, then maybe more people will join.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By Captain_Insano

I hope it grows gradually over time, if there is a huge influx of new people all at once then the cool and laid back nature of these forums could be overrun. If it is more gradual then they can come to appreciate the feel of giantbomb and what this website truly is. I'm quite happy with how it is at the moment, though the time when I am on is the dead time over in the US so it would be nice to have a larger spread of people from different regions

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Optiow
Captain_Insano said:
"I hope it grows gradually over time, if there is a huge influx of new people all at once then the cool and laid back nature of these forums could be overrun. If it is more gradual then they can come to appreciate the feel of giantbomb and what this website truly is. I'm quite happy with how it is at the moment, though the time when I am on is the dead time over in the US so it would be nice to have a larger spread of people from different regions"
yeah, we don't want say 200 people joining all at once, we just ease ourselfs into the gaming site stuff and gradually get members.
gamerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gamerover

I reckon that with all of these bigger gaming sites being so financially unsustainable and less relevant (just look at all the editors being fired/leaving 1up and Gamespot), eventually more people are going to be moving to a site like Giant Bomb because the news and reviews on this site are much more objective, unlike the 'this is what we all think and you should too' mentality of too much of these other sites. Probably in the future Jeff might think about hiring more people so that there is more coverage on the site, but hopefully it doesn't happen too quickly, or else this site may turn into the next Gamespot (the new one that's terrible). Giant Bomb will keep growing as people discover how much better all of this stuff is, and the community will grow along with it. I just hope that its all for the better.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Optiow
gamerover said:
"I reckon that with all of these bigger gaming sites being so financially unsustainable and less relevant (just look at 1up and Gamespot), eventually more people are going to be moving to a site like Giant Bomb because the news and reviews on this site are much more objective, unlike the 'this is what we all think and you should too' mentality of too much of these other sites. Probably in the future Jeff might think about hiring more people so that there is more coverage on the site, but hopefully it doesn't happen too quickly, or else this site may turn into the next Gamespot (the new one that's terrible). Giant Bomb will keep growing as people discover how much better all of this stuff is, and the community will grow along with it. I just hope that its all for the better."
I to hope it is for the better, I would hate to see this site go haywire.
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Optiow
gamerover said:
"Wouldn't want the community to go too haywire, although with Jeff and co here, I reckon at least the editorial side's always gonna be the bomb."
your right, together they are like a Giantbomb!
gamerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By gamerover
Optiow said:
"gamerover said:
"I reckon that with all of these bigger gaming sites being so financially unsustainable and less relevant (just look at 1up and Gamespot), eventually more people are going to be moving to a site like Giant Bomb because the news and reviews on this site are much more objective, unlike the 'this is what we all think and you should too' mentality of too much of these other sites. Probably in the future Jeff might think about hiring more people so that there is more coverage on the site, but hopefully it doesn't happen too quickly, or else this site may turn into the next Gamespot (the new one that's terrible). Giant Bomb will keep growing as people discover how much better all of this stuff is, and the community will grow along with it. I just hope that its all for the better."
I to hope it is for the better, I would hate to see this site go haywire."
Wouldn't want the community to go too haywire, although with Jeff and co here, I reckon at least the editorial side's always gonna be the bomb.
gamerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By gamerover
Optiow said
"your right, together they are like a Giantbomb!"
Before you know it, their gonna make a video about it. Now that would really make the community go haywire.
pepper_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pepper_2000

I think that the fact that the guys who make the site are so personal with the community, that I doubt it will end up like GS.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Gizmo

I hope so, but i'm still holding out for a video-Bombcast.