#1 Posted by t4tht (14 posts) -

I don't have Chrome on my PC so I can't confirm if this site works perfectly with it - I imagine it does with all the fancy useless HTML5/CSS3 components. But I use Firefox, and I'm having some issues with videos not working and also thumbnails not appearing properly.

#2 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Best to post your specific problems in the Bug Reporting section and one of the staff members will help you out.

#3 Posted by timay (190 posts) -

What version of Firefox are you using. They site works fine for me using Firefox 8.

#4 Posted by Kidavenger (3547 posts) -

Are you trying to watch subscriber videos?

#5 Posted by Chris_Woods (43 posts) -

I use Chrome exclusively and I've never had any problems with GiantBomb at all.

#6 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

I had more problems on this site with Firefox beta than I do currently using Chrome. Parchment v2 especially hates firefox.

#7 Posted by t4tht (14 posts) -

I don't think these are subscriber videos, and I am using the newest version of Firefox (8.0).

#8 Edited by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

CHROME 4 LIFE

It's perfectly fine.

Also, it's free and takes like two seconds to download so maybe just try it out?

#9 Edited by wewantsthering (1565 posts) -

" fancy useless HTML5/CSS3 components"

You sir know nothing about the future of the internet...also you are probably just running an ancient version of Firefox. It has full HTML5 support.

#10 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

All those things aside, I've noticed that images on Giant Bomb (and only here) only load when I scroll down the page with Chrome 16 :S

#11 Posted by Herocide (440 posts) -

@wewantsthering: Yeah, calling HTML5 useless is pretty ig-nant.

#12 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

Any modern browser should be able to render the sites properly, AFAIK. You're doing something wrong.

#13 Posted by t4tht (14 posts) -

If the future of the Internet is rounded corners, gradients and transitions, then DAMN the past Internet must have been archaic! Javascript was here long, long ago, HTML5 has only brought with it the anti-Flash revolution brah.

#14 Posted by Kidavenger (3547 posts) -

Link the page to the video you are having issue with.

#15 Posted by skyline7284 (506 posts) -

@t4tht said:

I don't have Chrome on my PC so I can't confirm if this site works perfectly with it - I imagine it does with all the fancy useless HTML5/CSS3 components. But I use Firefox, and I'm having some issues with videos not working and also thumbnails not appearing properly.

Join Us.... JOIN USSSSSS!

#16 Posted by t4tht (14 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

http://www.giantbomb.com/i-love-mondays-121911/17-5430/

I just get a blank area where normally the video player shows.

#17 Posted by Winternet (8018 posts) -

@t4tht said:

@Kidavenger said:

http://www.giantbomb.com/i-love-mondays-121911/17-5430/

I just get a blank area where normally the video player shows.

I just opened that link in Chrome, Firefox and IE. All worked fine.

#18 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

@t4tht said:

fancy useless HTML5/CSS3 components

... What.

http://www.w3schools.com/

You must be drunk or something haha I mean damn.

#19 Posted by Furyjoell (260 posts) -

Holy shit Firefox is on version 8.0 these days? It was 3.something when I abandoned ship.

#20 Posted by FritzDude (2263 posts) -

If you have problems with Firefox, try using Internet Explorer 9... 70% of the functions doesn't work properly, or not at all. But at least the videos work in it though.

#21 Posted by Kidavenger (3547 posts) -

I just tried watching videos in IE9 and none of them were working, turned out Flash wasn't installed for IE9 on my machine, may want to check that.

#22 Posted by nobel (57 posts) -

@JoeyRavn: I'm guessing this is by design. To save (minimal) bandwith perhaps?

#23 Posted by PenguinDust (12514 posts) -

I've been using Firefox exclusively for a few months now. I switched back to it after going with Chrome for over a year and I'm not having any trouble on GB with FF outside of a weird inability to bold, italicize, underline words after posting when trying to edit. When I was using Chrome I usually ran into trouble when placing images in posts or blogs. Nothing's perfect I guess.

#24 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

It's time to come over to Google, Chrome is the future.

#25 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@Furyjoell said:

Holy shit Firefox is on version 8.0 these days? It was 3.something when I abandoned ship.

They are currently in a browser war with chrome so they update every couple of months....Firefox 11 is already in alpha release.