Is it just me or do TPS these days all look the same?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

Wanted: Weapons of Fate and The Bourne Conspiracy look like your typical UE3 game but what makes them even more the same is I think they have the same producer because they've taken so much stuff from Bourne to make Wanted. You can see it from Jason's vison and they've used the same graphics to do the bullet curve and the fighting/cover mechanics which Wanted builds upon and even the same looking Plane level.

Then you have Rainbox Six and Graw and Gears and all the other TPS using that engine all just look frigging the same and I'm getting rather tired of it. I don't know what it is about that engine but the only game that has managed to look different is Mirror's Edge which looks more like a cross between Battlefield and Portal.

What other games are there? Dark Sector... though it uses a different engine but plays the same.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
PapaLazarou said:
"Wanted: Weapons of Fate and The Bourne Conspiracy look like your typical UE3 game but what makes them even more the same is I think they have the same producer because they've taken so much stuff from Bourne to make Wanted. You can see it from Jason's vison and they've used the same graphics to do the bullet curve and the fighting/cover mechanics which Wanted builds upon and even the same looking Plane level.

Then you have Rainbox Six and Graw"
Stopped reading here. I haven't played bourne or wanted, so I can't comment on similarities between them, but Rainbow 6 and GRAW being First Person Shooters proves you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Discorsi

it's just you.  play them.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By wrecks

It's just you.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pirate_republic
wrecks said:
"It's just you."

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Why don't you just go ahead and name every game thats out. Thats almost what your doing. 

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By gunswordfist
MattyFTM said:
"PapaLazarou said:
"Wanted: Weapons of Fate and The Bourne Conspiracy look like your typical UE3 game but what makes them even more the same is I think they have the same producer because they've taken so much stuff from Bourne to make Wanted. You can see it from Jason's vison and they've used the same graphics to do the bullet curve and the fighting/cover mechanics which Wanted builds upon and even the same looking Plane level.

Then you have Rainbox Six and Graw"
Stopped reading here. I haven't played bourne or wanted, so I can't comment on similarities between them, but Rainbow 6 and GRAW being First Person Shooters proves you haven't got a clue what you're talking about."
Hehe It's ironic (okay maybe not) that I also stopped reading. I stopped reading when he said Wanted looked like your typical UE3 shooter. Last time I checked, Wanted didn't look like it overused the colors black and brown and Gears Of War doesn't have bullet bending.