• 67 results
#1 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

It seems to me like Giantbomb isn't getting a whole lot of visitors these days. Perhaps is just me. But whenever I go look at the forums there is just no body saying anything it seems like.

Like usually when it says "Popular game forums" that means it has like twenty active threads on that single game. But I just went to Diabolical Pitch and Far Cry 3 and they only have two active threads among them, one of them only having 3 posts.

Is this a ghost town? Or am I just looking at the map upside down?

#2 Posted by subyman (600 posts) -

Well, there hasn't been a ton of content lately and for 1-2 weeks while they were shifting over to the CBS building there was pretty much nothing posted. So, I'm sure people have migrated away for a little bit, but things will pick back up once they get settled in and start pumping on features, quicklooks, and more fun stuff.

#3 Posted by Matterless (329 posts) -

During this lull I have reacquainted myself with game sites I have not frequented in a while and caught up on their content that I had missed. So, that's where I'm at.

#4 Posted by FreakAche (2951 posts) -

I assume less visitors are coming here because of the drought of content, which has a plethora of reasons associated with it: the CBS move, Vinny taking some time off, getting ready for PAX, etc.

Giant Bomb will be back to it's regular self eventually. I've been taking this time to catch up on all the Endurance Runs, which I've somehow never watched until now.

#5 Posted by SuperSambo (2860 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh said:

It seems to me like Giantbomb isn't getting a whole lot of visitors these days. Perhaps is just me. But whenever I go look at the forums there is just no body saying anything it seems like.

Like usually when it says "Popular game forums" that means it has like twenty active threads on that single game. But I just went to Diabolical Pitch and Far Cry 3 and they only have two active threads among them, one of them only having 3 posts.

Is this a ghost town? Or am I just looking at the map upside down?

Popular game forums have nothing to do with the actual forum visits, just the games being popular.

Far Cry 3 has had new footage released, and Diabolical Pitch has just had a QL. People have been looking at footage linked to the games, and then this boosts them up the list.

Look at the comment count on articles and videos. They are either on par or higher than the norm.

#6 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Little to no activity in the forum of two games doesn't mean the site is very unactive.

#7 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Sorry, it's just you.

#8 Posted by SeanFoster (866 posts) -

Lack of games, lack of content due to the move. I'm sure things will pick up later this year.

#9 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Popular games has nothing to do with forum activity.

#10 Posted by Gamer_152 (14068 posts) -

I haven't seen any significant lull in forum activity. I'm also pretty sure that the "most popular game forums" are not decided on how many posts there have been in them, but on which wiki pages have had the most recent views.

Moderator Online
#11 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

Things will pick up soon enough. Meanwhile, for forums you should probably just click the "Forums" button since it shows you all the latest threads, instead of going to each individual forum page.

#12 Posted by smitty86 (698 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

Little to no activity in the forum of two games doesn't mean the site is very unactive.

Whoa whoa whoa. You do know we are talking about Diabolical Pitch here right? There is NO better litheness test for a site than that.......

#13 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

I am seeing a bit of half and half...

@SuperSambo: I think overall its just me though. Didnt really consider that it wasn't just measured by forum posts.

But thats why I asked! :)

#14 Posted by alternate (2695 posts) -

I would bet site views remain steady. The drop due to content reduction is likely to be offset by new viewers who came via gamespot or read about the acquisition. The forums being quiet is more likely down to not many games coming out at this time of year.

#15 Posted by AndrewB (7575 posts) -

I'm... umm... here!

#16 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@seanfoster said:

Lack of games, lack of content due to the move. I'm sure things will pick up later this year.

tis true, barely anything has come out since ME3.

#17 Posted by Fungiefips (76 posts) -
@smitty86 said:

@BraveToaster said:

Whoa whoa whoa. You do know we are talking about Diabolical Pitch here right? There is NO better litheness test for a site than that.......

I believe you mean "litmus" test.
#18 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

I guess everyone is at PAX? Maybe everyone else is silently clearing out their backlog or having a life outside.

#19 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
There's not a lot to talk about right now besides Mass Effect 3 and Kickstarter, so... Wait till Friday, then there will be some additional Xenophobe discussion.
#20 Posted by DukesT3 (1906 posts) -

I think after PAX this site will BLOW UP so to speak.

#21 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

*Herp-a-derp comment staunchly defending GB with some vague shit about them being too busy moving into new offices despite clearly being moved in and ready to work now*

It's not just you. The lack of content is disgraceful.

#22 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -

Vinny just had a kid.

There isn't a Quicklook PC yet. (From what I can tell)

Jeff is out of the country.

Yes they are still trying to get organized.

James You have no idea what you are talking about.

#23 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

Honestly, I think this site's been pretty slow and inactive for quite some time. Although most suggest that the lull is because of the move, it seems to me like the level of activity on Giant Bomb now (the last several months) versus the activity on here in 2010 has decreased significantly.

#24 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

the popular board i think it a glitch or something. the games that are on there aren't new games. the only one i see are the xbox 360 and ps3 board.

#25 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

It's active enough imo.

#26 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@iam3green said:

the popular board i think it a glitch or something. the games that are on there aren't new games. the only one i see are the xbox 360 and ps3 board.

Hover over the Forums link on the topbar.
#27 Posted by Dagbiker (6964 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach said:

*Herp-a-derp comment staunchly defending GB with some vague shit about them being too busy moving into new offices despite clearly being moved in and ready to work now*

Good thing you aren't paying for it.

#28 Posted by Tarsier (1057 posts) -

the mass effect 3 bowlshit made me uninterested in videogame websites

#29 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

When comes to discussing a specif game in particular unless it 's mass effect or skyrim not many threads are really made. General discussion and off-topic seems to be where the action is at.

#30 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

I'm still counting at least 4 "Is it just me?" threads a day, everything seems normal.

#31 Edited by Zacagawea (1589 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach said:

I think I can safely speak for a lot of people when I say your douchebag attitude is getting fucking annoying. You also might want to actually read the post before commenting like an ass.

And no, I think the forums have been pretty normal.

#32 Posted by Village_Guy (2544 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach said:

Wow, and to think I thought you were decent enough (albeit I thought your name was a bit silly the first time I saw you posted (which was literally your first post)) but with that said, I just lost a lot of respect for you. If you were a paying member I might cut you some slack, but as a free member I don't think either of us are in any place to complain about shit on this site.

---

And to answer the topic on hand, I think the forums have been fairly normal - of course we have seen a bit less content from the Bombardiers themselves, but a lot of stuff is going on, with them moving and Vinny getting a little kiddie, and right now there in Boston...

#33 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4388 posts) -
  1. moved into a new office and are still ordering things to complete the move-in
  2. still do not have a proper quick look setup
  3. still do not have a quick look pc
  4. the 'video guy' just had a baby
  5. the tall one is invading rome or some shit
  6. they're planning a pax trip which includes schedules for interviews, demos, panels, etc

Doesn't exactly scream free time.

#34 Posted by TooWalrus (13159 posts) -

'Sup? Far Cry 3 looks lretty rad. What more do I need to say? I really dig the 3DS...

#35 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

@LooseChange said:

I think after PAX this site will BLOW UP so to speak.

Expect an email from the Homeland Security.

#36 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

We should talk about more important matters: Drew is going on vacation. That means, with Vinny busy with diapers, there is no video dude over at Giant Bomb. We may even never get video from the PAX panel. We are doomed!

#37 Posted by binhoker (82 posts) -

I think maybe the guys are busy inventing idiotic new words such as "unactive".

#38 Posted by Blair (2504 posts) -

This is an unacceptable amount of content... I've been saying it for the last three weeks: GB better comp paying members for this drought.

#39 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

First off, *inactive.

Second, I think you are reading too much into things. Lets not go all Chicken Little. Forum activity is dictated by the users. It is as active as we make it. Site content is produced when there is something to produce. There has to be news to report on to have news, there has to be games to check out for Quick Looks/reviews, there has to be a minimum of chaos for Jar Time videos to have the time to be created, etc.

#40 Edited by efman (208 posts) -

The forums are abuzz with activity. It's not as if hours pass by in between each response. That would inch towards inactivity.

#41 Posted by joku2002 (46 posts) -

@Winternet said:

We should talk about more important matters: Drew is going on vacation. That means, with Vinny busy with diapers, there is no video dude over at Giant Bomb. We may even never get video from the PAX panel. We are doomed!

Omg you make a good point. Vinny and Drew are gone right now. CRAP I really wish i could have made it to pax. Cause that might be the only way see them there.

#42 Posted by Christoffer (1795 posts) -

Since I finished ME3 I haven't had much to say. When Diablo 3 comes out (hopefully in about a month) I'm in it again. (By god, I'm trying out Aion... It's Wow with gliding... questions?)

So yeah, it's a dead period for games right now.

#43 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

It's my fault. I'm sorry, dude.

#44 Posted by pyromagnestir (4291 posts) -

I thought this said Giantbomb was very unattractive lately. Imagine my disappointment at realizing my mistake.

#45 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@LiquidSwords said:

Sorry, it's just you.

It is most definitely not just him.

#46 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I want to say more, but holy hell has this forum taken a nosedive lately, people are becoming very irritating around here.

Don't like hostile enviroments, so yeah, sidelines.

#47 Posted by michaelfossbakk (236 posts) -

I feel the same way, specifically about the forums. I used to find interesting topics every day, but it's been slim-pickings lately.

#48 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (533 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach said:

I like this guy.

#49 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach said:

What a fucking baby! LoL!

#50 Posted by FreakAche (2951 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I want to say more, but holy hell has this forum taken a nosedive lately, people are becoming very irritating around here. Don't like hostile enviroments, so yeah, sidelines.

Hmm? Forums seem fine to me. Sure there are always some idiots wherever you go, but I've always found most of the Giant Bomb community to be really awesome, and that doesn't seem to be changing as far as I can tell.