• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by themangalist (1742 posts) -

Ughhh... That comic is the single most fucking offensive and tasteless shit i've seen in a long while. Whoever thought of it, or spread it, should be smacked in the fucking face. Any discussion regarding ANYTHING about the legitimacy of hardworking people who happen to also have a pretty face in the work place should just stop. This thread should be fucking locked.

#52 Posted by Barbed_Haywire (29 posts) -

What a joke, OP you're a sexist and misogynistic PIG, unless you've secretly been working at Ubisoft for the last 10 years then who the hell do you think you are passing judgement on her, you have NO CLUE how she got to where she is today, and attitudes like yours are poisonous and destructive. I totally agree with the poster above, PLEASE lock this thread.

#53 Posted by SpartyOn (500 posts) -

If she wasn't, then I think most people wouldn't think anything of it. Now it's...wait she's hot, she must be just a pretty face because we ALL KNOW Science didn't make pretty women to accomplish things!

Honestly she seems nice, educated, and perfectly capable of doing her job. She's sexy, she's a women, she's talented....good for her.

#54 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2063 posts) -

@ballblaster said:

@JasonR86 said:

@ballblaster said:

I find it a bit funny how some of you holier-than-thou claim ourage, yet she had virtually nothing to her name prior to Assassin's Creed (and contrary to your believe, it was Patrice who drove that game, NOT Jade), and now all of a sudden she's the studio director for Ubisoft Toronto. Care to explain that, when industry stalwarts like CliffyB, Ken Levine, etc. had to claw their way up the chain over decades? I'm sure Yves Gulliemont knows the real answer.

I thought you said earlier that you were just throwing this topic out there and not taking a stance one way or another? Bottom line is that all we can do is speculate because we don't work at Ubisoft. Any speculation that says 'she didn't deserve her current placement' just reveals a sexists and cynical attitude.

But don't you think Felicia Day has more credibility to work in the industry?

A quick look at her wikipedia page and you'd find that Jade has a degree in computer science, and had worked with Sony and EA prior to AC. Nothing to her name? Those two projects there make her more accomplished than you'll ever be, now stop with this ridiculous sexist bullshit.

Also, anyone that thinks Jade Raymond is ugly is probably gay.

#55 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

Skyrim girl blows Jade Raymond away.

#56 Posted by countinhallways (632 posts) -

@KingWilly said:

@ballblaster: You're a misogynist and a cunt. Here is why.

Jade Raymond was not the creative brains behind Assassin's Creed, but she was the producer of that game. She is a very big reason as to why that franchise we all love has even gotten a first release. The fact that everyone treats her like she's some kind of fap-trap (because she's attractive, duh) is disgusting, deplorable, and as far as I'm concerned, a healthy reason to avoid gamers like the plague. This kind of attitude is what disgusts me. Jade Raymond was the face of Assassin's Creed because A) she had a huge hand in getting it made and B) Patrice Desilets could not, at the time, speak in front of a fucking camera. He was worse than Rorie is now, or how Brad Shoemaker was a couple years ago. They needed someone who knew the product, who lived the product, and could talk. They got Jade.

Also this whole "Christina Norman is fugly so she obviously knows what she's talking about!" angle is disgusting. That is exactly what you meant by "she's not some sexy young vixen" isn't it? She's a middle aged woman who isn't attractive and is kinda fat. She looks like you, so she must obviously know what she's talking about, right?

Even if that wasn't your intention, the connotations of what you said made it sound even worse. Christina Norman is a great hand at gfame design. The fact that she has a birth canal shouldn't sway someones opinion in one way or the other. She's damn good at her job, and so is Jade Raymond.

You really know a thread is mindless sexist drivel when Duke Nukem is the one bringing sense to the discussion.

But yeah, I agree with this guy.

#57 Posted by Brodehouse (10105 posts) -

Misti Dawn has more relevant ideas about the game industry than the OP.

#58 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

she only looks hot because the dudes that surround her are ugly. And boobs sell so yes

#59 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

This thread ruined the forums for me today, i'll be back tomorrow where maybe there isn't an asshole ruining it. (high hopes)

#60 Edited by Jonnyflash80 (502 posts) -

I think it's horribly sexist to think that just because a woman is attractive means she can't be effective at a certain profession, video game related or not.

Also, that comic was deplorable, and it's equally deplorable that you even linked to it.

#61 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I wonder if enough people even know game developers for her to actually affect sales in any meaningful way...

#62 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -
#63 Posted by jetsetwillie (857 posts) -

@KingWilly said:

Jade Raymond was not the creative brains behind Assassin's Creed, but she was the producer of that game. She is a very big reason as to why that franchise we all love has even gotten a first release. The fact that everyone treats her like she's some kind of fap-trap (because she's attractive, duh) is disgusting, deplorable, and as far as I'm concerned, a healthy reason to avoid gamers like the plague. This kind of attitude is what disgusts me. Jade Raymond was the face of Assassin's Creed because A) she had a huge hand in getting it made and B) Patrice Desilets could not, at the time, speak in front of a fucking camera. He was worse than Rorie is now, or how Brad Shoemaker was a couple years ago. They needed someone who knew the product, who lived the product, and could talk. They got Jade.

Also this whole "Christina Norman is fugly so she obviously knows what she's talking about!" angle is disgusting. That is exactly what you meant by "she's not some sexy young vixen" isn't it? She's a middle aged woman who isn't attractive and is kinda fat. She looks like you, so she must obviously know what she's talking about, right?

Even if that wasn't your intention, the connotations of what you said made it sound even worse. Christina Norman is a great hand at gfame design. The fact that she has a birth canal shouldn't sway someones opinion in one way or the other. She's damn good at her job, and so is Jade Raymond.

great post, well said. i should think the OP has abandoned this thread in shame

#64 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@KingWilly said:

I agree one-hundred and ten percent with this post, and I also wanted to point out that Jade Raymond was taken out of the spotlight once people starting throwing things like the aforementioned, misogynistic comic around and falsely accusing her of no knowing what she was talking about. She has a reputation and career to protect, and in the end it was better for her to get away from being a voice of the game and to focus solely on producing and driving the series forward. In the end, she has done well for herself, and while unfortunately no-life, rage-face assholes such as the OP will continue to spout utter nonsense on the internet, others will continue in living their lives and pushing their careers forward.
#65 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

Going by that little pic, she appears to have a average-ok body but the nose is too big. Eh, what can I say, I'm really put off by bad noses.

#66 Posted by mac_n_nina (272 posts) -

@ballblaster: I'm sure that the reason why she gets more publicity than say other heads is because of her looks and Ubisoft does use that to their advantage, but she does have the skills.

On a side note she's not very hot like a 6/10 at best on a good day not to mention she needs a tan asap.

#67 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1467 posts) -

OP: You should print out a copy of your post, fold it up and place it in your wallet. It would be a perfect conversation piece to show off if you somehow land a date. By the way, what is up with all of these terrible threads today?

#68 Posted by D_Mac (136 posts) -

To be fair, Jade's list of "games" is short, and not altogther terribly exciting. I know some people at the Ubisoft Toronto office that call her "competent manager". Before Jade, it was rare we heard from "producers" of games, rather the designers were the stars. The designer of Assassins Creed, Patrice Désilets , got little press time, but Jade was ALL OVER the television and web. I think there's no doubt she was promoted as a member of the team because they felt she was the most "telegenic", that is to say she is the most well spoken and appears well on video. I think what is most telling is how NOT involved in the following Assassins Creed games she has been. As an "executive producer" on AS2 she may have done nothing on the game (or a whole hell of a lot) as that title is something that doesn't have a given set of tasks or responsibilities

#69 Posted by Beforet (2931 posts) -

I feel terrible for recognizing that artist. Well, not terrible, but this thread is much more awkward to me for it.

#70 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Even if she was a 'pin-up girl', she would only affect a small amount of people, those people being forum nerds. Which would make up for a very small percentage of sales.