Is my backlog of games to play unusual?

louis0nfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By louis0nfire

Dead Space 1 & 2, Bioshock 1 & 2,  Red Dead Redemption, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. These are all games I own, and have picked up and played a few minutes but never got into. I find it hard to commit to starting one of them, because I know they're games I need to give attention and time to. Am I in the minority when it comes to having a backlog of big name titles like this?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marcsman

Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood 
Dead Rising 2 
Valkyrie Chronicles 
Mass Effect 2 
Red Dead Redemption:Undead Nightmare 
Darksiders 
GTA: The Ballad of Gay Tony 
Plus about 30 PSN games I will never get too
error5305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By error5305

I have a bad habit of doing this, but usually I get around 50% then maybe move on.  I tell myself I'm saving them for a rainy day or slow parts of the year.
But the more I do this the more I realize I should just finish while I'm into the game, sucks trying to pick up a game after months of not playing.  I did this with MGS4 and now I get owned because I saved at a hard part.

Those are all awesome (Bioshock 2 maybe not so much) so pick one and give 'em some lovin!

Avatar image for favoritobandito
FavoritoBandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By FavoritoBandito

I wish mine was that small.  I tend to finish all the games I buy at full price, but if I get a game cheap I don't get very far even if the game is a big title I was looking forward to.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

That doesn't look very unusual. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen an unusual backlog. It's usually stuff like "a bunch of major games I picked up but never played." Not even old school games phase me.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

forget everything 
dont play anything 
dont watch movies or listen to music  

put Red Dead Redemption in and play it all the time except for when you sleep, eat, work, or shit.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MOAB

bioshock 2, uncharted 2, and valkyria chronicles are still in shrink wrap... i just opened fallout: nv a couple weeks ago. i don't think it's uncommon.

BUCK3TM4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BUCK3TM4N

why would you spend money on games your not gonna play to completion is the question 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By penguindust

God, no! I have a pile shame as well of briefly played games on my shelf and I don't want to even start on the titles I bought from Steam because they were cheap but haven't gotten around to playing.  I try and play just one game at a time so I won't get sidetracked.  Well, one console/DS game and one PC game.  Otherwise, I see something shiny and whatever I was playing gets pushed aside then forgotten.  I wish I had more tenacity in this regard but I'm fickle and easily seduced by lingering hype. 

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By sagesebas
@Louis0nFire:  I've got inFamous, Uncharted 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Dead Space. And even though I've put like 50 hours into ME2, and like 30 in Red Dead, I continue to only play those games.
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Sambambo

I have way more and it keeps growing...

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Captain_Insano

I have heaps of half started or 3/4 finished games that I keep leaving. Fallout: NV, Darksiders (literally at the last level, just cbf finishing), Undead Nightmare, Halo: ODST (still), Dead Space (I can only bring myself to play in 20min bursts) etc.

The problem is when I go back to play games, particularly RPG's, I tend to start all over again. Happens a lot with Fallout etc. Come to think of it I never finished Oblivion but logged heaps of hours into it.

gloomytangent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gloomytangent

If we're counting steam games, I have well over a hundred games in my backlog. Probably closer to 200. If a game is like 10 bucks or less, I buy it regardless of quality. It's like a compulsion. Steam only makes it worse by going well, well below that threshold.

KarlHungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KarlHungus
@Captain_Insano said:
" I have heaps of half started or 3/4 finished games that I keep leaving. Fallout: NV, Darksiders (literally at the last level, just cbf finishing), Undead Nightmare, Halo: ODST (still), Dead Space (I can only bring myself to play in 20min bursts) etc.  The problem is when I go back to play games, particularly RPG's, I tend to start all over again. Happens a lot with Fallout etc. Come to think of it I never finished Oblivion but logged heaps of hours into it. "
OMG YES! I am the exact same way with you and RPGs. I think I've beaten oblivion once, but I've probably played near 1000 hours of that game over the years.
mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By mfpantst

It's not unusual.  Far Cry 2, GTA IV, Dead Space 1, Assasins Creed 2 (And any subsequent sequels to the last two) are on my to play list.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Cirdain
@Louis0nFire:@Marcsman: 
Here's my list to complete:   
Typing of Dead always on the go.

Back cover.
Back cover.
1993 - This is bloody fantastic

Day of the Tentacle begins with Green and Purple Tentacle standing next to a stream of contaminated water behind Doctor Fred's mansion. After drinking some of the contaminated water, Purple Tentacle grows a pair of arms and resolves to take over the world. 

always be running
 always be running

3d!!!!
 3d!!!!

just cause'

I heard I was Good so I shall play

BG&E Won awards
BG&E Won awards

I don't... Just.

I DONT KNOW I JUST WANTED TO PLAY THE HITMAN GAMES!!! IS THAT SO WRONG!!!

I've played the main menu. I was sold.

Remedy

Rockstar

Apparently this is one of the best Point and clicksssszzzz so I shall play.
IN REALTIME!!!!

Telltale <3
and finally to complete the riddler challenges on B:AA 

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By sixpin

I wish my back log was that small. I quit playing WoW back in December and I'm WAY behind. I just beat Borderlands a few days ago and now I'm working on Dragon Age: Origins and Batman: Arkham Asylum. I did at least make it a point to have finished a lot of the big triple-a releases like Mass Effect 1 & 2, all of the Assassin's Creed games, and Red Dead Redemption for example. Still need to play Enslaved, Vanquish, Bioshock 2 and Dead Space 2 - I own them all, but they are in a dusty pile of shame.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nintendoeats

I own 900 games and have spent time with MAYBE half of them (and lots that I don't own of course). Your backlog is only unusual in how short it is.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#19  Edited By jaqen_hghar

Not odd at all as far as I know. I use Backloggery to keep track of games I need to finish or play. It is great. Don't have all my games on there yet, only add games when I decide to play them, regardless if I have already beaten it or not. You should check it out. Here is my Backloggery site.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nintendoeats
@Cirdain: Don't play regular Myst, play RealMyst. Trust me, trying to play the original kind of sucks. And if you can, only use the guide when you get to the Bathosphere (which is just about the most evil time sucking piece of crap ever, unless you really love cartography).

Otherwise, I love that game and you have an excellent list there.
Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Cirdain
@nintendoeats said:
" @Cirdain: Don't play regular Myst, play RealMyst. Trust me, trying to play the original kind of sucks. And if you can, only use the guide when you get to the Bathosphere (which is just about the most evil time sucking piece of crap ever, unless you really love cartography).  Otherwise, I love that game and you have an excellent list there. "
I will do!
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#22  Edited By BeachThunder

Not unusual, but you really should play Bioshock...

No, really. Stop whatever you're doing and start playing that game :(

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By MrOldboy

its only unusual if you actually play any of them. If you don't then consider yourself part of the family.

SARRISS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By SARRISS

I have at least 24 games I intend to finish, just beat bayonetta in 2 nights a month ago and finishing up on alpha protocol. Borderlands was before bayonetta but i took a break after I beat the game, zobie island and mad moxxi.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By LackLuster

Im not gonna bother listing mine im to lazy and there is 23 of them