#1 Posted by Serpentenema (217 posts) -

Postal 2 is currently on sale for $2.50 on steam, and I recently got a new MacBook Pro. Is this wacky ass game actually fun to play?

#2 Edited by themangalist (1735 posts) -

Postal 2 managed to make me feel like a complete human garbage for playing the game at all. It's not really about being offended but rather how I have to go along with the try-hard, pants-on-head, "topical", sadist, cheap as dirt "humour" (This coming from me who even kinda liked Duke Nukem Forever). It was a terrible experience and after one hour of "I guess I'll give a chance for the game to redeem itself for seeming to have an anti-violence/you should feel bad about the things you do message", I finally gave up. It really is the absolute pinnacle of bad taste. (hint: it's not "fun")

Unless, that is the experience you are looking for. Like, trying to see if you are human or not. Sorry to those who liked this game.

#3 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

13 year old me has great memories of this game, but 13 year old me was also a dumbass.

#4 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I would not play that game if you payed me $2.50.

#5 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

Are you able to turn off your senses of judgement, moral criticism and high-and-mighty video game hipster mentality and enjoy a simply fun ride?

If not, you will hate Postal 2 and write long blogs of its cheap embarrassing content and unnecessarily offensive mechanics.

If yes, you will enjoy an open world first person shooter that is very fun and satisfying to play. The mechanics and controls are surprisingly well done, the story is really funny in a stupid stoner way, and the quests are unique. The world feels real in the dumbest way ever, and the NPCs walking around really are the kind you wanna kill and fuck with.

#6 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

#7 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

Nah, bad game. I'm not even talking about offensiveness or lack thereof, it just plays like a piece of stinking shit.

#8 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2290 posts) -

Reading the 2nd post while thinking the topic at hand was about PORTAL 2 seriously confused the shit out of me.

#9 Edited by Jaqen_HGhar (895 posts) -

I think so. Sure, it is crude and kinda awful, but the fun is when you try to beat it without hurting anybody. Try to be a decent human being, and see how long you can keep that up.

#10 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (895 posts) -

I think so. Sure, it is crude and kinda awful, but the fun is when you try to beat it without hurting anybody. Try to be a decent human being, and see how long you can keep that up.

#11 Posted by GreggD (4505 posts) -

As a novelty, sure. But don't go into it expecting anything great. Or good, even.

#12 Posted by BeachThunder (11922 posts) -

The game is absolutely fantastic, one of the best ever m...oh, um, wait, Postal 2...right...never mind then...

#13 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

If this game was released today the social justice warriors would have a field day.

It's only as horrifying as you make it. You can pretty much complete the game without being a psychopath.

#14 Posted by GreggD (4505 posts) -

If this game was released today the social justice warriors would have a field day.

It's only as horrifying as you make it. You can pretty much complete the game without being a psychopath.

It kinda gets hard by the time you're in Church, and the Taliban attack. You pretty much have to play on Easy to escape without shooting any of them.