You shouldn't play it for the story.

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AnimalFather

are the characters stationary or is there more to it?

Jonnyflash80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Jonnyflash80

@AnimalFather said:

are the characters stationary or is there more to it?

Dude, what does that mean?

No, it's not like Borderlands. Just watch the Quick Look.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlexanderSheen

I don't think it's any like Borderlands. Also: watch the Quick Look and read the review.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Pinworm45

It's like borderlands except less cartoony, there's not really "loot", and it's a million times worse.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmilingPig

It's more linear than Borderland, but the shooting is more satisfying.

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@SmilingPig said:

It's more linear than Borderland, but the shooting is more satisfying.

And no loot or xp.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@Pinworm45 said:

It's like borderlands except less cartoony, there's not really "loot", and it's a million times worse.

How is it a million times worse? Rage is pretty awesome despite the technical issues I had.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By BeachThunder

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Pinworm45 said:

How is it a million times worse? Rage is pretty awesome despite the technical issues I had.

The quality of a game is dictated by how many guns it has.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@BeachThunder said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Pinworm45 said:

HA! xD

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pinworm45
@NekuSakuraba said:

@Pinworm45 said:

It runs like a piece of shit, it's one of the worst looking games I've played in recent years (despite having scenes that are also some of the best looking I've seen in years. Really fucking offputting), but most importantly: I simply don't find it fun. I find it repetitive and bland. The voice acting sums the game up perfectly, to me. It all sounds so droll and bored and bland and like everyone's tired of doing this shit. That's exactly how I felt, Rage.
emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By emergency

@Pinworm45 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Pinworm45 said:

It runs like a piece of shit, it's one of the worst looking games I've played in recent years (despite having scenes that are also some of the best looking I've seen in years. Really fucking offputting), but most importantly: I simply don't find it fun. I find it repetitive and bland. The voice acting sums the game up perfectly, to me. It all sounds so droll and bored and bland and like everyone's tired of doing this shit. That's exactly how I felt, Rage.

The inverse of this post is how I feel. Everything you said is completely the opposite of how I feel.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ericdrum

@emergency said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Pinworm45 said:

It runs like a piece of shit, it's one of the worst looking games I've played in recent years (despite having scenes that are also some of the best looking I've seen in years. Really fucking offputting), but most importantly: I simply don't find it fun. I find it repetitive and bland. The voice acting sums the game up perfectly, to me. It all sounds so droll and bored and bland and like everyone's tired of doing this shit. That's exactly how I felt, Rage.

The inverse of this post is how I feel. Everything you said is completely the opposite of how I feel.

+1

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By MooseyMcMan

It's an FPS where you drive from mission to mission instead of there just being a loading screen. It's kinda similar to Borderlands, but only on the surface.

dgSean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dgSean

This thread has a deeper story than Rage did... it is a very satisfying shooter though, man iD knows how to make a rewarding shotgun.... The setting feels borderlands, but the rpg elements are pretty weak, some very limited crafting, and a sort of stupid inventory, and the fact that there are quests, and dungeons (sort of). The characters in borderlands were interesting, the ones in rage are totally forgetable.

I found it really fun when I was shooting stuff though. My advice, wait for a steam sale or the bargin bin, you'll get your money's worth.

cav86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cav86

I put borderlands down after about of 10 mins playing it, I played all of Rage, that's my 2 cents

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zeforgotten

Is Rage like Borderlands? I'm just gonna go ahead and say "Obviously not" and leave it at that.

Then again, this isn't the first time I've seen dumb threads like this. Sometimes it just seems like people haven't seen anything from the games they talk about.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By James_ex_machina

I thought is was just like Borderlands but less cartoony graphics.
SPOILER
At the end of Rage you do get what's in the vault. Incase your wondering the vault has a meth lab in it.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jimbo

Imagine Borderlands about halfway through development. It's kinda like that.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

Not really. It has a lot more story than Borderlands, which still isn't very much story, and a lot less loot lust driving the gameplay forward. The shooting feels better than in Borderlands too, as each of the limited number of guns has its own unique purpose. Also, the world and quests are a lot less open than in Borderlands. RAGE is a far more guided experience than you've probably been lead to believe.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Adamsons

How could you possibly have less story than Borderlands.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By valrog

No, Borderlands is actually a good game.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By nick_verissimo

There pretty different games, but I understand where people are coming from with respect to thinking they are similar. The part where you point a gun and shoot is way more satisfying, the driving is better and the story isn't completely transparent in Rage. All that said, I think Borderlands had this certain charm or spirit that is severely lacking in Rage, that I can hardly see myself wanting to go back to Rage once I'm done with it.

ABritishNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ABritishNerd

@BeachThunder said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Pinworm45 said:

Portal only had one, must be shit to Pinworm.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@NekuSakuraba: I disagree.

A great game is dictated by how many limbs you can blow off of your enemies :D

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By Branthog

Not really. Borderlands is fun and, unlike Rage, I didn't regret buying it.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By cstrang

@AnimalFather: Ah, you! You almost got me, you! Tricky guy. Funny!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Subjugation

@cav86 said:

I put borderlands down after about of 10 mins playing it, I played all of Rage, that's my 2 cents

I put Rage down after about 10 mins of playing it, I played all of Borderlands, that's my 2 cents.

The games aren't very comparable beyond setting.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pinworm45
@fpsmadpaul said:

@BeachThunder said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Pinworm45 said:

Portal only had one, must be shit to Pinworm.

How do you even make that conclusion? 

Because, that wasn't even a gun. It was a science device. 

That game was literally the worst.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DystopiaX

No it's a shooter, not an RPG

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CornontheCobbe

No, I don't believe it is. The landscape looks sort of similiar in some cases though.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NTM

It's bloody fun, and downright gorgeous... Oh wait. No. I was reading the Dead Island ad on the right there (that I see). Ironically though, I haven't played either.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Pinworm45 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Pinworm45 said:

ATI user much?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By zeforgotten

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Pinworm45 said:

ATI user much?

You racist stoner, fuck you! :o

I'm an ATI user, what seems to be the problem? Does the game get better and more interesting when you have an Nvidia card in your PC? or play it on 360 or PS3? It's not one of the worst looking games ever but it doesn't look that amazing either.... Except the skybox, that is at least pretty. But those are easy to make.. still.. it looks pretty

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pinworm45
@SeriouslyNow said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Pinworm45 said:

ATI user much?

You say that as if it's my fault they didn't make their game compatible with ~40% of their PC userbase, which basically every other game manages to do just fine.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Pinworm45 said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Pinworm45 said:

ATI user much?

You say that as if it's my fault they didn't make their game compatible with ~40% of their PC userbase, which basically every other game manages to do just fine.

It's not your fault. It's ATI's fault. ATI has rarely, if ever, delivered a properly functional OpenGL driver. This is a known issue and continues to be an issue.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#40  Edited By donutfever
@James_ex_machina said:
I thought is was just like Borderlands but less cartoony graphics. SPOILER At the end of Rage you do get what's in the vault. Incase your wondering the vault has a meth lab in it.
The funniest part is that he`s telling the truth. If you don`t believe me, check out the final frame of the final cutscene:  
   SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#41  Edited By donutfever
@James_ex_machina said: 

I thought is was just like Borderlands but less cartoony graphics. SPOILER At the end of Rage you do get what's in the vault. Incase your wondering the vault has a meth lab in it.

The funniest part is that he`s telling the truth. If you don`t believe me, check out the final frame of the final cutscene:  
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jimbo

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Pinworm45 said:

ATI user much?

It's not your fault. It's ATI's fault. ATI has rarely, if ever, delivered a properly functional OpenGL driver. This is a known issue and continues to be an issue.

If it was a known issue then id should have taken it into account during development and worked around it. If they weren't competent enough to find a solution (evidently they weren't) then they shouldn't have marketed their game as working with ATI systems. Even with the 'correct' drivers and the 'fix', it's still pretty broken.

A lot of the textures do look awful up close too, which I assume isn't exclusively an ATI issue.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DonPixel

No, There is nothing quite like Borderlands and I find that game boring.

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weirdly enough, rage does have some cartooney graphics that....loosley resembles borderlands. But heres the thing. After firing a gun most of my life, when I play a game, I like to be able to hit an enemy based on my skill with the controller or mouse/keyboard. Not based my expereince points in the game. When I shoot you, I really don't like seeing numbers popping up, unless its some sort of arcade mode.

That face alone, makes rage more fun to play. But story? lol, what story? The end of the game is probably the most dissapointing endgame I've ever played. Rage is extremely short too. Took me 6 and half hours to beat it. Enjoyed it, but...it is a pretty linear shooter. Actually, rage is almost exactly like mass effect 2 in alot of ways. Go to a new area, get a mission, then go through a completely linear shooting section level. Then you're back to open worldness afterwards.Think about it

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#45  Edited By cornbredx

I have it but only booted it up to so the spectacular visuals (an that is no lie, they are spectacular) but from what little I played its not like borderlands. Same genre (post apocolyptic waste land) but that's about it. But again, I have not played that much of it yet.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Pinworm45 said:

So it's just really great?

BigBrobawski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BigBrobawski

No.

Borderlands is a sandbox game.

Rage is more linear.

More mini-games in Rage I think (racing, crafting)

No exp or leveling up in Rage.

No co-op story in Rage.

Rage is a better shooter.

Quests in both.

Borderlands is cartoony, Rage is more realistic.

I love both games for different reasons.

BLKZOMBIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BLKZOMBIE

Simple answer: no!

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By captain_clayman
@cav86 said:

you havent played enough borderlands to make that call.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@captain_clayman said:

@cav86 said:

you havent played enough borderlands to make that call.

I have. Borderlands is shit. The shooting mechanic is a spamfest, the movement is floaty and disconnected and the enemy variety is incredibly poor even with all of the addon mission packs.