Is Street Fighter IV easier to play with a MadCatz fightstick?

Toxic102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Toxic102

I really want a Tournament Edition Fightstick by MadCatz for SFIV but I don't want to waste my money. Is it worth it and does it make the game easier to play if you have one? Please comment if you have an opinion.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

If you're not used to using a stick, it might be slightly harder initially, but once you get used to it, it will be far easier.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

I'm not convinced that it is.  I really wanted a stick at first, but now I think I'm just going to stick with the controller.  It may be more precise and possibly a little better for playing the game, but a Tournament Edition stick is certainly not going to make you a better Street Fighter player.  $150 is just too much to spend on  a controller that I'll probably end up only using with one game.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By End_Boss
MB said:
"I'm not convinced that it is.  I really wanted a stick at first, but now I think I'm just going to stick with the controller.  It may be more precise and possibly a little better for playing the game, but a Tournament Edition stick is certainly not going to make you a better Street Fighter player.  $150 is just too much to spend on  a controller that I'll probably end up only using with one game."
This one speaks the truth. If you've been playing Street Fighter from day one and are into serious play (cash tournaments, etc.), then perhaps you should pick up an arcade stick. If you're like me and play against friends on the couch and only enter the occasional casual tournament, stick to your 360 controller.
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Mushir
End_Boss said:
"MB said:
"I'm not convinced that it is.  I really wanted a stick at first, but now I think I'm just going to stick with the controller.  It may be more precise and possibly a little better for playing the game, but a Tournament Edition stick is certainly not going to make you a better Street Fighter player.  $150 is just too much to spend on  a controller that I'll probably end up only using with one game."
This one speaks the truth. If you've been playing Street Fighter from day one and are into serious play (cash tournaments, etc.), then perhaps you should pick up an arcade stick. If you're like me and play against friends on the couch and only enter the occasional casual tournament, stick to your 360 controller."
Oh man the 360 controller sucks for this game. Its just so awkward.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By End_Boss
Twilight said:
"End_Boss said:
"MB said:
This one speaks the truth. If you've been playing Street Fighter from day one and are into serious play (cash tournaments, etc.), then perhaps you should pick up an arcade stick. If you're like me and play against friends on the couch and only enter the occasional casual tournament, stick to your 360 controller."
Oh man the 360 controller sucks for this game. Its just so awkward.
"
I disagree. I mean, the D-pad is horrendous, but that's the case for most things. Make the jump to the analog stick; you'll be glad you did.
Toxic102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Toxic102

Well I've been playing with the Xbox controller since the day it came out and I still find it hard to pull off ,say Ryu's ultra move first time, does anybody else find this happens?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By End_Boss
Toxic102 said:
"Well I've been playing with the Xbox controller since the day it came out and I still find it hard to pull off ,say Ryu's ultra move, does anybody else find this happens?"
The only time I find it hard to pull off is when I'm rushing through the motion. Try and keep the analog stick in a constant, easy-flowing motion to be sure that the controller receives the appropriate input. If you're having trouble actually hitting people with it, go into practice mode and practice hitting a computer opponent with that Y+B smash (it breaks blocks and stuns your opponent), then quickly combo into the Metsu Hadoken as your opponent is falling to their knees. If you master this technique I guarantee you will score a hit with that Ultra every time.
Toxic102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Toxic102

Well I still think that I will get a stick just because they look amazing, it would be great to finally get one after waiting soo long and I think that getting a stick will make the game expirience so much more enjoyable and I won't get frustrated when I keep losing on the Arcade mode and I will finally finish the Trials.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By StaticFalconar

maybe get the pad, but not the stick then; casue the 360 controller sucks but you seriously don't need a stick since there are many pad warroirs out there that does just fine without ever getting a stick.