#1 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

So the Game Boy Advance is pretty much dead now, and the Nintendo DS is on top.
Nintendo promises that the DS is not replacing the Game Boy, but I have my doubts.

When will the next Game Boy be released!?

#2 Posted by SarazinRuin (157 posts) -

Soon I hope.

#3 Posted by Delsaber (199 posts) -

When the DS stops making money. Which is to say, never.

#4 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

I can't see Nintendo releasing another Game Boy - the DS is a great platform for GBA games (I still play many GBA games on mine), and with the GameBoy Micro failing to take off, they're unlikely to try anything different.

#5 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

I didn't know this! I don't really care that much about Portable gaming consoles anymore, I used to love them when I was young though.

#6 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

I think the gameboy is pretty much dead, has been for a long time now

#7 Posted by Lashe (1266 posts) -

I think the game boy in its classic style is completely dead, yeah. Nintendo are too focused on innovation and new mechanics to go back to a standard gaming device I reckon.

The name, however, still catches people's eye, so I have no doubt the name GameBoy will be used, just not in its classic/colour/advance form.

#8 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

its not kicking, get a ds.

#9 Posted by LouChou (458 posts) -

they'll do a GB:DS. Mixing touch screen with monochromatic graphics.

#10 Posted by Axersia (1621 posts) -

I think a Nintendo DS 2 is more likely...

#11 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

What about the Game Boy Evolution they had planned?

#12 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

what? of course it is dead!

#13 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

I think the only reason why they said it wasn't dead, was because they didn't expect the DS to sell. So yeah, it's dead as hell.

#14 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -
License_To_Bill said:
"I think the only reason why they said it wasn't dead, was because they didn't expect the DS to sell. So yeah, it's dead as hell.
"
I really hope they release a PSP type platform after the Nintendo DS has been out for 3 or 4 more years.
#15 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

It's definitely dead.

#16 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

It game boy is gone forever.

#17 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
Thomas said:
"So the Game Boy Advance is pretty much dead now, and the Nintendo DS is on top.
Nintendo promises that the DS is not replacing the Game Boy, but I have my doubts.

When will the next Game Boy be released!?
"
Maybe they"ll announce something next year.
#18 Posted by grimmspectre18 (70 posts) -
Thomas said:
"  What about the Game Boy Evolution they had planned?
"
What,What,What??!? Tell me your secrets.. Seriously though I actually haven't read/ seen/ heard/ tasted anything about "a Gameboy Evolution" ..Do I need a Thunderstone or special candy ???
#19 Posted by Scorched (691 posts) -

I'm expecting a DS lite 2.0
they can keep it going for awhile

#20 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Well considering the Game Boy thing lasted for like 17 years, the DS era will be a long long road.

#21 Posted by grimmspectre18 (70 posts) -

Say it with me now, GameBoy DS. They would have the mindshare/ brand recognition of both platforms. "GameBoy" would remind older gamers of the great times they had with "Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins" and "DS" would capture the younger more casual gamers memories of the bus ride with their "LiL' PUPPY PWNY PEN PALZ"...maybe I shouldn't post this so Ubisoft doesn't make this gem before I can. (Insert TM here.)

#23 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2615 posts) -

Wow.

#24 Posted by mosespippy (4462 posts) -

I have seen people playing gameboy in public within the last year. Two years ago I saw a guy in a bar playing a Sega GameGear. Old handhelds never die.

#25 Edited by EarthBowl (164 posts) -

Everything old is new again and the Gameboy is no exception to that.

#26 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Why?

#27 Posted by Brendan (8155 posts) -

Haha the first reaction to the necroed thread cracked me up.

#28 Posted by rachelepithet (1393 posts) -

@scorched said:

I'm expecting a DS lite 2.0

they can keep it going for awhile

Nostradumbass!