#1 Posted by GalacticGravy (548 posts) -

Always been a huge fan of the blue bomber. Love the original games, most of the X games, and I played the first couple Battle Network games back in the day and enjoyed those. Even played Legends and, while I think it shouldn't even be a Mega Man game, I liked it.

Star Force always looked really childish to me. Kind of like Power Rangers or something but frankly I don't know anything about it. I could be wrong. Anyone with experience in it know if it's worth picking up one of these games?

#2 Posted by Cubical (637 posts) -

it sucks less than that mega man legends crap.

#3 Posted by JackSukeru (5911 posts) -

I've played the first Battle Network game and the first Starforce game. Starforce is basically BN, but in 3D and you see battles from behind the back. The 3D models kinda look like what you'd expect from 3D models on the DS (simple with low quality textures, kinda crappy) and the new perspective isn't in any way an improvement from BN. Instead, it just makes it so your character blocks your view of some of the tiles on the field.

Other than that, it's ok. If you liked Battle Network you could get into it. Like with Battle Network though I had my fill after one game.

#4 Edited by believer258 (11895 posts) -

You didn't think Legends was kind of childish? For that matter, all of the Mega Man games have some level of childishness to them. Even Zero never gets more mature than your generic shonen anime.

@Cubical said:

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, YOU!!!!

#5 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

@believer258 said:

You didn't think Legends was kind of childish? For that matter, all of the Mega Man games have some level of childishness to them. Even Zero never gets more mature than your generic shonen anime.

@Cubical said:

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, YOU!!!!

Oddly enough, Legends and Legends 2 are my favorite Mega Man games. Never understood the Battle Network games though.

#6 Edited by GalacticGravy (548 posts) -

@believer258: Legends did look childish. But it didn't have this "POWER RANGERS NEO ZENON JUNGLE RACING X" vibe to it that Star Force did.

#7 Posted by believer258 (11895 posts) -

@BoogieWithStu said:

@believer258: Legends did look childish. But it didn't have this "POWER RANGERS NEO ZENON JUNGLE RACING X" vibe to it that Star Force did.

I know there's different "levels" of childishness, but I didn't know that Star Force was that bad about it.

#8 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

There is no Mega Man after Mega Man 2. You people are crazy.

#9 Posted by Fozimuth (170 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

There is no Mega Man after Mega Man X. You people are crazy.

Guh.