melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By melcene

Damn thread necromancers.   

I'm amazed that people put Demons Souls that high up there as an RPG.  I have it, it was ok, but ME2 and Dragon Age, not to mention some older ones, were definitely better.  I'm actually kinda ticked that we have a PS3 in some ways because whenever I go to the store, I don't really see any games for it that I just gotta have (that we don't already have on 360).

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ninjakiller

Really?  Bumping threads from 2 years ago?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By mordukai
@melcene said:
" @smeff6969: It really all depends, and isn't really something we can best judge for YOU.  Some people here are obviously quite happy with their PS3.   Others see no cause to buy one. Personally, someone got us a PS3 for Christmas last year... we own maybe half a dozen games for it that we never play, and it's collected dust most of the year until just the other day when my kid decided she wanted to play some Little Big Planet. "
A fair answer. I for one gave my 360 away to a friend of mine because I was just not using it. When I first got my PS3 there was an awkward period where I only had one game and every game I played on it didn't really appeal for me. nowadays I only play my PS3 as I just got burnt out of MS and the 360. I just hated to replace my system every 8 months. PLus the free online play is a big plus for me. I refuse to pay MS money so they can allow me to play with my friends. The only reason I kept my 360 around was because I am a huge fan of Mass Effect. 
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By imsh_pl

Well, it depends on your situation.

If you have some money saved and are choosing what to do with it, I'd say definetely g ofor it.

If you're satisfied with your 360 and Wii and wonder if you should start gearing up to buy or 
saving for a PS3 I don't think its a necessity.

PS3 has a ton of amazing titles (I don't really get people who are still denying that - it's not 2008, dammit),
so if you want to try them out I'd highly recommend it. It's an awesome console for $300.

A list of some awesome PS3 exclusives:

Action/Adventure
-Uncharted 1 and 2
-Warhawk
-Valkyria Chronicles
-MGS 4
-Heavy Rain
-God of War III 
-inFamous

Platformers

-LittleBigPlanet
-Ratched and Clank:Tools of Destruction and R&T:A Crack in Time 

RPGs
-Demon's Souls

Racing Games
-Motorstorm 1 and Pacific Rift
-Gran Turismo 5 

Shooters

-Resistance 1 and 2
-Killzone 2

Party titles
-Buzz! games

PSN
-Flower
-Pixel Junk series
-Echochrome
-Super Stardust
-Wipeot games
-some Playstation 1 titles

Also there are the PS2 HD remakes such as:
-God of War collection
-Sly collection
-(in June)Ico and Shadow of the Colossus

Again, if you know that you'll be able to afford buying some of these and the future titles (would be kinda silly if you bought it and
weren't able to afford games you want for all your different systems ) I'd strongly advise you to buy a PS3.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#55  Edited By citizenkane

Yes, it would still be worth it to get a PS3 now.  The next generation of consoles is still at least a few years away and the PS3 offers a lot of value in exclusive titles(like the Uncharted series) and as a Blu-Ray player (if you don't have one already).

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Raymayne
@Vorbis said:
" @Mesoian said:

I'm far more interested in Dirt3, and again, I'm more likely to get that for 360 rather than the Ps3 due to the online community. "

I don't see how having a  "larger online community" is a major reason to choose one console over the other, both consoles have a huge amount of people online and the only games that struggle to find people are generally those with bad multiplayer components which effects both consoles.  "
How about you read the post you're quoting next time? He didn't say 'larger online community', he said 'online community'. 

On-topic, no it isn't. It was worth it a year ago to play Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls but this year has been a wonderful return to shitty disappointing form for Sony with not a single good exclusive all year long. I've just recently sold mine and don't regret it in the slightest. Killzone 3 and LBP2 will be great I'm sure, but they're just not worth holding onto a console for.
Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By Vorbis
@Raymayne said:

" @Vorbis said:

" @Mesoian said:

I'm far more interested in Dirt3, and again, I'm more likely to get that for 360 rather than the Ps3 due to the online community. "

I don't see how having a  "larger online community" is a major reason to choose one console over the other, both consoles have a huge amount of people online and the only games that struggle to find people are generally those with bad multiplayer components which effects both consoles.  "
How about you read the post you're quoting next time? He didn't say 'larger online community', he said 'online community'."
 @Mesoian said:

" Generally if there's a multiplatform game coming out that I'm interested in, I'll get it for 360 due to the larger community. 

I'm sorry I quoted the wrong post, he said it in his other one.
mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By mesoian
@Vorbis said:
" @Mesoian said:

I don't see how having a  "larger online community" is a major reason to choose one console over the other, both consoles have a huge amount of people online and the only games that struggle to find people are generally those with bad multiplayer components which effects both consoles.  While the PS3 tends to have less people using mics, most on the 360 have voice muted due to the kids anyway.   Honestly, the biggest reason that people choose one console over the other is because that's where their friends are. If everyone you play with is on the 360 why would you get games for the PS3? (and vise versa) It would have to be an exclusive or vastly superior version, 360 Bayonetta and PS3 FFXIII are the only two that spring to mind. "
Well for example, Codemaster's GRiD on Ps3 still has a "healthy" following in european countries online, but it is VERY hard to get a domestic game going. However, on the x360 version, I never have a problem with same country matches. This allows for better connections, less lag and more games in the constrained time I have to play video games. The online communication is also a big factor, because keep in mind, I'm not usually playing UberPopular FPS's, I'm playing racing games or puzzle games or co-op single player games, games where communication is key. And let's face it, the bulk of the immature community on Live is housed almost exclusively in FPS's. Don't play'em, don't get'em. ::shrugs:: 

Xbox 360 games simply have a longer online life span, assuming the games are any good, at least in this country. Hell, even with games like SSF4, the majority of game invites I get on the off chance I'm playing that game on the Ps3 are from europe or japan, which generally is a receipe for a bad time.

But single player games all boil down to what system it proforms better on. I got Naruto:Storm 2 on the Ps3 because it proforms better on the PS3 than it does on the x360. Same with Assassin's Creed 2. It's not massively better in any one given way, but the framerates are slightly more stable and they cost the same, so why not get the better version.

And yeah, in the grand scheme of things, due to higher cost of the Ps3, the grand majority of my friends and family have x360's, and if I'm going to play with them, It's usually going to be on the 360 version of the game. 

Going into 2011, it's hard to find reasons to get excited about the PS3. Maybe that'll change after CES or GDC, but there's nothing all that grand on the horizon that may be more beneficial for me on 360 for the reasons stated above. If you have a 360, making the argument to get a PS3 is harder. There's certainly one to be made, it's just...a tougher sell.
Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By Sackmanjones
@smeff6969 said:
"I have been waiting to get a Playstation 3 for sometime now and I was wondering if it is time to give in or wait longer. My Xbox 360, Wii, DS, and Psp have been more than enough entertainment for now. Two factors have kept me getting one. The first is a lack of good games which Sony is finally starting to solve. The second is the price which has been way too high but is finally getting affordable. 
What do think is the Playstation 3 worth getting now or should I wait? "

Uncharted 
Uncharted 2 
God of War 3 
Heavy Rain 
Infamous 
LBP 
MGS4 
Upcoming: 
LBP 2 
Infamous 2 
Uncharted 3   
The Last Guardian

I say yes its a good time to get it
otaku313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By otaku313
Why are people still posting in a 2 year old thread?
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By imsh_pl

Hahaha! Oh god, this is awesome.

I didn't even realize that this thread is 2 years old :)
And yet I went bashing on the guy who said that in 2008 there were no good PS3 games :-P

This is hillarious.