• 63 results
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind

Is it me or does it seem like the Playstation 3 has more mature gamers than Xbox360 gamers.

-The Playstation 3 is more expensive.  Most younger gamers aren't likely to have access to $400.
-Making full use of the Playstation 3 is for more mature audiences.
-Master Chief is iconic in the same way Mario and Link are iconic.  Children can relate to them.
-Xbox Live is reknown for having the most insulting group of users.
-The Playstation3 is considered a "multimedia machine"

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

you post for the most part makes you look like a fanboy dick

also most of your points are rather inaccurate 
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By toowalrus
ZombieHunter said:
"you post for the most part makes you look like a fanboy dick

"

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Osaladin

I think it's just you.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By gingertastic_10

isnt Halo a M rated game?, its not really aimed toward kids, more like adults...and im not "young" im 17, but i had $400 bucks not to long ago, and im going to have $400 again here soon and all your points are all opinions

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Troll thread fail, go back to GameFAQS.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

Uh, no. Just no. I really don't agree with any of your points, and your "Xbox Live" point makes no sense whatsoever.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheMustacheHero

OP Just said children can relate to the Master Chief, yeah because we all know what it feels like to save humanity from an alien race of gorillas.
Fail troll is fail, go away.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By randiolo

As soon as anyone says anything remotely negative about the 360 they are branded a troll. Im not sure about some of thoes points but i hear that  xbox live does have a a contingent of asshole users, this i have seen a heard many times before.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#10  Edited By TobyD81
No Caption Provided

So the PS3 doesn't have anything for youngsters? And a more mature online playerbase, who may or may not even be saying anything, since they may or may not have a headset? And doesn't the Xbox have DVD and iPod support and Netflix access? How exactly is making full use of the PS3 for a more mature audience. I'm not saying either is better or more mature than the other, but don't just throw away pertinent details.
Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Babble
ZombieHunter said:

"
Enough said.
Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By MasturbatingBear
Godwind said:
"Is it me or does it seem like the Playstation 3 has more mature gamers than Xbox360 gamers.-The Playstation 3 is more expensive.  Most younger gamers aren't likely to have access to $400.-Making full use of the Playstation 3 is for more mature audiences.-Master Chief is iconic in the same way Mario and Link are iconic.  Children can relate to them.-Xbox Live is reknown for having the most insulting group of users.-The Playstation3 is considered a "multimedia machine""
I was just starting to have more respect for ps3 fans and you ruined it. Damn none of your points make sense.
kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By kenzo287

no it just seems that way because the ps3 doesnt ship with a headset

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
ZombieHunter said:
"most of your points are rather inaccurate"
Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ouroboros

I have over 400 dollars - and I chose not to buy a ps3, I'm very mature and careful with my money.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Godwind
gingertastic_10 said:
"isnt Halo a M rated game?, its not really aimed toward kids, more like adults...and im not "young" im 17, but i had $400 bucks not to long ago, and im going to have $400 again here soon and all your points are all opinions"
I was playing Doom at the Age 8.  The ratings are ultimately futile in determining which age plays what games.  There are still people well over 18 that still play video games and are still die hard Mario fans.  Although Doom didn't have a rating.  Also to be noted is that I got Grand Theft Auto around the age 12/13.  Even yourself, have admitted to not being "very" young.

RHCPfan24
said:
"Uh, no. Just no. I really don't agree with any of your points, and your "Xbox Live" point makes no sense whatsoever."

TheMustacheHero said:
"OP Just said children can relate to the Master Chief, yeah because we all know what it feels like to save humanity from an alien race of gorillas.Fail troll is fail, go away."
Yes and children go about waving swords and about stomping on Goombas.
Children do not relate to him on terms of being able to kill aliens but being the sort of hero childrem want to be.  He is an enigmatic character that never removes their helmet or armor for a reason.

TobyD81 said:
"
No Caption Provided

So the PS3 doesn't have anything for youngsters? And a more mature online playerbase, who may or may not even be saying anything, since they may or may not have a headset? And doesn't the Xbox have DVD and iPod support and Netflix access? How exactly is making full use of the PS3 for a more mature audience. I'm not saying either is better or more mature than the other, but don't just throw away pertinent details.
"
I never said younger audiences couldn't play a PS3.  It was intended for more mature audiences.   Also to be noted, the lack of headsets do not mean they are children.  Wearing Headsets do look a bit off settinf and weird.  I would rather skip on that personally.

Do you feel that the DVD, iPod support and Netflix access is and attempt to gear it out as a multimedia machine?  The Wii has a web browser. weather channel, photo channel (which can be used to watch videos, look at photos and play music) but I am quite sure no one thinks of it as a multimedia machine.

Also look at what the PS3 can do.  It can be used an alternative computer using linux (aka yellow dog), a blu-ray player, and so forth.  Even the expenses that go into making full use of these features.  How about an HDTV?

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FCKSNAP

WOW xbox users are dicks.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By maxszy

The PlayStation 3 is considered a multimedia machine?

What about the 360? Beside the lack of BluRay.. it can stream Netflix Instantly to your TV, Upscale DVDs, Rent newer releases from the XBLVM...I think that argument is bad. Actually, all of them don't make a lot of sense. I hate fanboy topics.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By carlthenimrod
Godwind said:
"I never said younger audiences couldn't play a PS3.  It was intended for more mature audiences.   Also to be noted, the lack of headsets do not mean they are children.  Wearing Headsets do look a bit off settinf and weird.  I would rather skip on that personally."
Yes, because playing fake guitars/drums and flailing a wiimote doesn't look weird.
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EvilTwin
Godwind said:
"Yes and children go about waving swords and about stomping on Goombas.
Children do not relate to him on terms of being able to kill aliens but being the sort of hero childrem want to be.  He is an enigmatic character that never removes their helmet or armor for a reason."
And Kratos isn't? 
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pause422

It cost more and hurts sony in the end because of it...price doesn't make it more mature than the other console, besides the few exclusives you get the same exact games on both of them mostly. This is a pretty dumb thread...

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

I'm not mature, I have the mind of a twelve-year-old. And I also own a PS3.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By iamjohn
Point by point:
  • Yeah, but their parents do!
  • What does this mean?
  • Kratos isn't as iconic as Master Chief?  You mad?
  • Part of that is because of the whole "free headset" thing.  I've heard people in Resistance 2 who are just as clueless and stupid.
  • The Xbox isn't?

So no, I think your argument is kind of dumb.
Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Babble

Fanboy debates are dumb, stop trying to justify that your camp is "better" or more "mature" then the other. Going through your original points now:

1) Xbox 360 cost the same amount ($400) for an extended period of time, also the prices are so similar this has no effect on the audience that purchases it.

2)This statement makes no sense, if you mean M rated games the Xbox has a comprable number, if you mean techinal prowess the Xbox 360 and PS3 continue to be fairly similar except for some outliers and again this has no impact on who buys a system when comparing PS3 vs. Xbox

3)"Master Chief is iconic" I don't even know what to say here, your logic is so flawed, an iconic character means it would be well loved be children? Ok well the PS3 has plenty of those so I don't see how this would attract "immature" people to the 360, also you are making the assumption that if you are a kid you are also immature.

4)Anyone online service has good points and bad, as said before the PS3 has a low attach rate on headsets so less people speak, also ever heard of a thing called a "vocal minority"?.

5)Xbox 360 and PS3 are equally matched in multimedia Blu Ray isn't that big of a factor except for a small population.
Eonbarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eonbarn

Most kids dont buy consoles, their big brothers do. The market for BOTH 360 and PS3? 16-30, or to be more accurate, 20-25. I don't think Xbox 360 or PS3 is gonna deny kids buying their consoles, or games, but they are most definitly not trying to fire up under that market(did not say they did not try, 360 makes kids cry with their half assed kids games).

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

Wait a second here... As an owner of both, I am confused on two accounts!

1.  So because the PS3 is only for rich snobs who don't communicate, it is more mature?  Master Chief is for kids and Sackboy and Kratos aren't?

2.  If #1 is true, is that a good thing?  I like robots and ninjas.  I don't want all my video games to be filled with thoughtful introspection where all the characters are having existential meltdowns.  Nobody likes snobbish entertainment that is designed to not appeal to children.  Rainbows are nice.

Notice I said NOT appeal to children, as none of your reasons are reasons why adults would like the PS3, only why kids wouldn't.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Wrong.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#28  Edited By TobyD81
Godwind said:
"gingertastic_10 said:   I never said younger audiences couldn't play a PS3.  It was intended for more mature audiences.   Also to be noted, the lack of headsets do not mean they are children.  Wearing Headsets do look a bit off settinf and weird.  I would rather skip on that personally.

Do you feel that the DVD, iPod support and Netflix access is and attempt to gear it out as a multimedia machine?  The Wii has a web browser. weather channel, photo channel (which can be used to watch videos, look at photos and play music) but I am quite sure no one thinks of it as a multimedia machine.Also look at what the PS3 can do.  It can be used an alternative computer using linux (aka yellow dog), a blu-ray player, and so forth.  Even the expenses that go into making full use of these features.  How about an HDTV?"
What I'm saying is that we know there are immature people on Live because we can hear them speak into their headsets, of which there are many. It's harder to tell how many people on PSN are immature because fewer people on PSN use headsets. You've said you prefer not to wear a headset, so how can I use that to judge your maturity level if I can't hear you? It just makes you easier to ignore.
I would say that since the Xbox can utilize many types of media, such as disc games, downloadable games, DVD movies, Netflix movies, iPods, digital photographs, and can network with a network hard drive or a Windows PC, those many types of media do make it a multimedia machine.
And I would certainly recommend hooking an Xbox to an HDTV to take advantage of the 1080p settings through the HDMI connection. The surround sound through an optical audio cable sounds great, too.
I think these two machines are both very capable, and determining the "maturity" of their respective users is difficult to do using the points you've offered.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#29  Edited By AgentJ
SmugDarkLoser said:
"You're an idiot. "
Lol, for once SmugDarkLoser was baited by a troll, rather than the other way around.
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Both systems have a large user base of many different ages.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LiquidPrince

Who cares?

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pibo47
ZombieHunter said:

"
This.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

anyway, let's just throw some games out on both:

(largely rare)
                                                                                                                                          (why does kamoe look so beautiful in game but not in stills?)

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BlackWaterCO

What dumbass concept...really...

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By animateria

More people own 360's therefore it has a higher percentage chance of getting idiots. If the PS3 had a similar amount of owners, I bet the 'idiot to intelligent' ratio would be similar.

Nowadays, I think a large portion of the gaming public isn't "mature". Not surprising if you think about it, a large chunk of the audience is kids and teenagers.

(Hell, the general audience of the 8-bit Nintendo era was mostly immature at best, guess why?).

But aside from that... who the fuck cares?

Just play your games and enjoy. ENJOY GAWD DAMMIT!

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
Godwind said:
"Is it me or does it seem like the Playstation 3 has more mature gamers than Xbox360 gamers.-The Playstation 3 is more expensive.  Most younger gamers aren't likely to have access to $400.-Making full use of the Playstation 3 is for more mature audiences.-Master Chief is iconic in the same way Mario and Link are iconic.  Children can relate to them.-Xbox Live is reknown for having the most insulting group of users.-The Playstation3 is considered a "multimedia machine""
Damn. Your epic PS3 attack sounds so System Wars-ish.  It's very funny that it backfired.  The cows, in last place, are always trying insult their betters...they have such an inferiority complex that they must insult the other platforms. I think even the PC is ahead of the PS3...which puts the PS3 in last place...

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CL60

It's ironic isn't it?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By Jeust

Think a bit first before making a statement like that.

An adult choice implies a good use of reason and criticism, and not reciting rumours and publicity stunts.

There are adults both with XBOX360 and PS3. 

And neither seems to be a more mature oriented console, even because mature people make their own mind, they don't follow petty things like "wow the best console is the more expensive one".

"The multimedia machine" argument is just a trick used since the release of the PS3 by Sony to make people buy it for other things than it's games. It seems people still fall for that. 

That's why the Wii had an headstart. A console is for games, if i want multimedia, i'll buy a pc or a laptop. 

Godspeed Godwind. :p
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By animateria

Shouldn't this thread have died?

There's no intelligent way to discuss this on the internets.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CL60
animateria said:
"Shouldn't this thread have died?There's no intelligent way to discuss this on the internets."
Yes it should have.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By get2sammyb

While this post is ridiculous, I will argue that the "lack" of packaged microphones means to community on a whole is much more tolerable online.

There's a helluva lot of scum on XBOX Live -- and direct experience comparison on my part leaves the impression the PS3 is a much more pleasant online experience. There are still the odd dick though. Just roughly half (if not more) of those that plague Live.

You could also argue the "gadget" tag of the Playstation 3 makes it much more marketable to 30-somethings. As does the name "Playstation" -- of which many grew up on.

Does it really matter though? Unless you're pitching a game for the system... Well, who cares?

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Godwind

My favorite part of this thread is that people think I have a PS3.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thiago

A device without Blu-ray is not multimedia at all. Upscaled DVDs are simply horrible, it only magnifies the compression artifacts and the image is much blurrier than Blu-ray.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By atejas

A 'mature' game isn't one that has blood and swearing in it, it's one that is simply too complex, gameplay-wise, for children to enjoy.

Ergo, in terms of 'maturity'(a stupid term that really means nothing), PC>PS3=XBox360>Wii

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#47  Edited By Jeust

lol thiago said:

"A device without Blu-ray is not multimedia at all. Upscaled DVDs are simply horrible, it only magnifies the compression artifacts and the image is much blurrier than Blu-ray."
Multimedia stands for the capacity to display various types of media.

So , though lacking in the blu-ray, the xbox is capable of displaying various of media, as the playstation 3 is.

Also you don't need a blu-ray disk to have high definition programs, you can always download it to your console.

For me the blu-ray, hd thingie is overrated. i don't care about the perfectness of the computer graphics... i care more about the games themselves.

atejas said:
"A 'mature' game isn't one that has blood and swearing in it, it's one that is simply too complex, gameplay-wise, for children to enjoy.Ergo, in terms of 'maturity'(a stupid term that really means nothing), PC>PS3=XBox360>Wii"

Quite true, though the complexity can be found elsewhere also... In the story, in it's hidden meanings... that sort of stuff.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By myke_tuna

You know, I don't usually write in these types of threads. But I gotta say. One of the only games where I haven't been met by douches *PS3/360/PC included* has been Street Fighter (IV/HD Remix). 98% of them send me a Good Game msg, win or lose. I've even gotten friend requests and such. It's really cool. Just thought I'd share that. lol. I don't know why most of them aren't assholes though. I assumed there was gonna be a torrent of assholes regardless of which platform I bought it on. But there wasn't. Oh happy day!

Dragoon14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dragoon14

ya no offense but ya 360 user can be assholes, and anyone that is not an asshole on the 360 don't be taking offense to this.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Wolverine
@Godwind: How the hell can a child relate to Master Chief? Playstation has a ton of games also aimed towards children. Rachet and Clank, Jak, Sly, etc.