• 50 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by banishedsoul1 (294 posts) -

I keep hearing how bad wii u controller is. But why? Why do people say " i want a normal controller" what can't you do with the wii u tab?

#2 Posted by RE_Player1 (7573 posts) -

I don't even know how to respond.

#3 Posted by GunstarRed (5396 posts) -

It's the worst console ever made. Some scientists did some tests and this is a fact!

#4 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

I don't know, I haven't played it yet.

#5 Posted by RagingBrain (46 posts) -

@msavo: With kindness?

#6 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11985 posts) -

Yes, it's awful. I used my time machine to travel into the future, play several minutes of Nintendoland, and then went back in time so I could post on the forums here for how awful it is.

#7 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

I'm now sure the most of the people are saying it's bad have actually used the Wii U Gamepad considering it's still an unreleased product. Also, there IS a normal controller.

#8 Posted by Little_Socrates (5693 posts) -

It's not awful, I've used it. It actually has really tight buttons. Actually, it's not even really that big, the gamepad fit into my hands very comfortably.

What you can't do with a Wii U tablet is have four controllers connected, though, and that's a huge bummer. Bigger problems lie with the specs, software, and the price.

#9 Posted by DarthOrange (3878 posts) -

Yes and no because opinions.

#10 Posted by JasonR86 (9762 posts) -

This is a dumb thread.

#11 Posted by JackSukeru (5943 posts) -

Hold on, let me check my notes.

Hm..

No, I think that's suppose to be "awesome", hard to make out, will have to get back to you.

Online
#12 Posted by Shaka999 (491 posts) -

my guess is that people think it feels awkward, but I'm pulling that out of my ass.

Also, your profile picture still creeps me the fuck out.

#13 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Why don't we wait for it to come out before we start calling it names?

#14 Posted by Brodehouse (10105 posts) -

I'm trying to find the most polite way of telling you to take an extra 30 seconds to stop and rethink whether or not whatever idea just popped into your head really warrants a thread.

#15 Posted by stonepawfox (236 posts) -

is this thread awful?

(yes)

#16 Posted by Sargus (732 posts) -

I've played it a few times and it's fine.

There. That should offset some of the bad comments you've heard.

#17 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@banishedsoul1 said:

I keep hearing how bad wii u controller is. But why? Why do people say " i want a normal controller" what can't you do with the wii u tab?

People are afraid of change. People have said that about every new controller on every system since the dawn of the electric age.

I'm more worried about the game output than the control scheme.

#18 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1594 posts) -

The controller felt totally fine when I got my hands on it a few times at PAX Prime. It's super light, which is a little offputting, and the touch screen is kind of shitty, but the controller itself feels fine.

#19 Posted by Franstone (1145 posts) -

Asking for opinions on an unreleased product on the internet...

This should be good.

#20 Posted by Solh0und (1824 posts) -

I don't think it's going to turn heads anytime soon. From what I've been listenting to on podcasts(Not just from the GB crew), alot of people are like "Meh"

#21 Edited by Vonocourt (2154 posts) -

EDIT: this made more sense in my head.

#22 Posted by JoeyRavn (5002 posts) -

@banishedsoul1's thread. Nothing to see here.

#23 Posted by banishedsoul1 (294 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

This is a dumb thread.

this was a dumb reply thanks for bumping my thread cheers

#24 Posted by runnah555 (148 posts) -

Does anyone care about Nintendo anyways? Their games are the same old crap and their consoles are targeted at 8 year olds and grandmothers.

#25 Posted by believer258 (12068 posts) -

@banishedsoul1 said:

@JasonR86 said:

This is a dumb thread.

this was a dumb reply thanks for bumping my thread cheers

This is a dumb thread. To prevent this from being a dumb reply - most people haven't even seen the thing in person, much less played with it. So we don't know, I'd think that anyone could put those two points together but apparently the gamut of human intelligence has a wider range than I had previously thought.

@runnah555 said:

Does anyone care about Nintendo anyways? Their games are the same old crap and their consoles are targeted at 8 year olds and grandmothers.

Actually yeah. I criticize (or bash, whatever) Nintendo a fair bit but I certainly respect their games and what they can do, even if they haven't done much to impress me in a while. And who's to say that I, a foul-mouthed 20 year old, cannot enjoy the same Mario game that 8 year old Jimmy and ol' Granny love?

Online
#26 Posted by mabber36 (129 posts) -

must be people who never owned a ds

#27 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

It will probably end up being golden, a lot of people thought the original wii had a questionable control setup when it was first released, now look.

#28 Posted by beepmachine (618 posts) -

I've just talked to my future self and asked him about it, but all he said was "The Mayans w----" and the connection broke. So I don't know.

#29 Posted by laserbolts (5336 posts) -

Yeah it sucks. I went to GameStop and told them I want to return my Wiiu. They looked at me strange for some reason.

#30 Posted by evanbower (1216 posts) -

@runnah555 said:

Does anyone care about Nintendo anyways? Their games are the same old crap and their consoles are targeted at 8 year olds and grandmothers.

Yeaaah, kind of a lot. Too much?

#31 Posted by Wyld (278 posts) -

I got in my Delorian, traveled into the future, and found out that the Wii U is in fact awful. Nintendo no longer exists, and the Mayan prediction was correct

#32 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i think so. i haven't touched it yet, but i want a regular controller to play games.

#33 Posted by runnah555 (148 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@banishedsoul1 said:

@JasonR86 said:

This is a dumb thread.

this was a dumb reply thanks for bumping my thread cheers

This is a dumb thread. To prevent this from being a dumb reply - most people haven't even seen the thing in person, much less played with it. So we don't know, I'd think that anyone could put those two points together but apparently the gamut of human intelligence has a wider range than I had previously thought.

@runnah555 said:

Does anyone care about Nintendo anyways? Their games are the same old crap and their consoles are targeted at 8 year olds and grandmothers.

Actually yeah. I criticize (or bash, whatever) Nintendo a fair bit but I certainly respect their games and what they can do, even if they haven't done much to impress me in a while. And who's to say that I, a foul-mouthed 20 year old, cannot enjoy the same Mario game that 8 year old Jimmy and ol' Granny love?

They haven't had a new idea for a game in 20 years. Maybe if people got off the Nintendo teat, they would shape of and come out with some decent IP's.

#34 Posted by believer258 (12068 posts) -

@runnah555 said:

@believer258 said:

@banishedsoul1 said:

@JasonR86 said:

This is a dumb thread.

this was a dumb reply thanks for bumping my thread cheers

This is a dumb thread. To prevent this from being a dumb reply - most people haven't even seen the thing in person, much less played with it. So we don't know, I'd think that anyone could put those two points together but apparently the gamut of human intelligence has a wider range than I had previously thought.

@runnah555 said:

Does anyone care about Nintendo anyways? Their games are the same old crap and their consoles are targeted at 8 year olds and grandmothers.

Actually yeah. I criticize (or bash, whatever) Nintendo a fair bit but I certainly respect their games and what they can do, even if they haven't done much to impress me in a while. And who's to say that I, a foul-mouthed 20 year old, cannot enjoy the same Mario game that 8 year old Jimmy and ol' Granny love?

They haven't had a new idea for a game in 20 years. Maybe if people got off the Nintendo teat, they would shape of and come out with some decent IP's.

Pikmin.

Online
#35 Posted by Brendan (7974 posts) -

I think its terrible because I want Bayonetta 2 on the Playstation 4.

Am I doing it right?

#36 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Yes my uncle works at Nintendo and he says it's the worst.

#37 Posted by muralbat (152 posts) -

@runnah555 said:

They haven't had a new idea for a game in 20 years. Maybe if people got off the Nintendo teat, they would shape of and come out with some decent IP's.

I forget people like you exist, and I'm happier that way, must suck to just sit at your desk spouting shite on the internet.

#38 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@runnah555 said:

@believer258 said:

@banishedsoul1 said:

@JasonR86 said:

This is a dumb thread.

this was a dumb reply thanks for bumping my thread cheers

This is a dumb thread. To prevent this from being a dumb reply - most people haven't even seen the thing in person, much less played with it. So we don't know, I'd think that anyone could put those two points together but apparently the gamut of human intelligence has a wider range than I had previously thought.

@runnah555 said:

Does anyone care about Nintendo anyways? Their games are the same old crap and their consoles are targeted at 8 year olds and grandmothers.

Actually yeah. I criticize (or bash, whatever) Nintendo a fair bit but I certainly respect their games and what they can do, even if they haven't done much to impress me in a while. And who's to say that I, a foul-mouthed 20 year old, cannot enjoy the same Mario game that 8 year old Jimmy and ol' Granny love?

They haven't had a new idea for a game in 20 years. Maybe if people got off the Nintendo teat, they would shape of and come out with some decent IP's.

Pikmin.

I'll dogpile some more onto that if you don't mind, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Metroid Prime, Rhythm Heaven, Smash Bros., Flingsmash, and Animal Crossing.

#40 Posted by beeftothetaco (426 posts) -

I think this question would be better suited to be asked after the WiiU is released, don't you?

#41 Posted by runnah555 (148 posts) -

@muralbat:

Actually I enjoy it. Kind of like how I enjoyed the first 18 times I played a Mario game.

#42 Posted by banishedsoul1 (294 posts) -

@GenocidalKitten said:

@banishedsoul1: No stop it. People reply saying that you're threads are dumb because they hope that maybe, you'll take it to heart and stop making dumb threads.

What so dumb about it? I hear people crying all the time on how bad wii u controller is, yet they give no real reasons. How about stop getting but hurt if you don't like the topic and post else where instead of bumping a thread you think is dumb?

#43 Edited by Deusx (1910 posts) -

You make the worst threads...

@banishedsoul1 said:

@GenocidalKitten said:

@banishedsoul1: No stop it. People reply saying that you're threads are dumb because they hope that maybe, you'll take it to heart and stop making dumb threads.

What so dumb about it? I hear people crying all the time on how bad wii u controller is, yet they give no real reasons. How about stop getting but hurt if you don't like the topic and post else where instead of bumping a thread you think is dumb?

The fact that you even care about what those people say about an unreleased product and want to argue about it is what's dumb about this thread. Stop it.

#44 Edited by thatdutchguy (1273 posts) -

Think before you post a thread please.

#45 Posted by TyCobb (1976 posts) -

I think I drank too hard. What month is this? Is the Wii U out already?

#46 Posted by matti00 (674 posts) -

nintendo told me its awespme and why would they lie tome

#47 Edited by arjybarjy (93 posts) -

It is awful despite it getting me a better job, a girlfriend, cured my acne and gave me the ability to fly.

#48 Posted by Milkman (17168 posts) -

As someone who has never played it, I can confirm that yes, it's terrible.

#49 Posted by muralbat (152 posts) -

@runnah555 said:

@muralbat:

Actually I enjoy it. Kind of like how I enjoyed the first 18 times I played a Mario game.

Balls, thats not a bad come back...Good Show.

#50 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -

It has more CPU power than the current generation of systems, as well as 1080p HD, so who knows? Maybe Nintendo has their heads screwed on right this time.