• 175 results
#51 Posted by living4theday258 (678 posts) -

Super metroid norfair theme

#52 Posted by VoshiNova (1780 posts) -
#53 Posted by bemusedchunk (742 posts) -

MvC2

#54 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3110 posts) -

Anything from Banjo-Kazooie, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, Starcraft, or World of Warcraft.

#55 Edited by Coafi (1494 posts) -

CHOO CHOO CHOO CHOO CHO! NA NA NANA NANANANA NA! KATAMARI DAMACY!

OH GOD! NOW IT'S STUCK IN MY HEAD!

#56 Posted by Levius (1255 posts) -

This song is from the Persona 2 remake and it really stuck with me, it is also from one of my favourite documentaries Man on Wire.

More conventionally though:

Hell I probably know all of Sonic 2 off by heart.

#57 Posted by RioStarwind (578 posts) -

The main 3 games that have themes I pretty much could never forget would be the Super Mario Bros theme, Legend of Zelda: a link to the past over world theme, and the MGS2 main theme.

#58 Posted by Chuggsy (556 posts) -
@andriv said:

Moon theme from duck tales

#59 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1826 posts) -

The original Silent Hill theme still gives me chills to this day.

Also, Wicked Child from the NES Castlevania holds a special place in my heart for being the music for the first truly difficult stage in a videogame I ever experienced. It took me years to get past that level, fucking crows. Damn shame it's the only game it's been used in, given the series penchant for recycling music.

#60 Posted by johncallahan (644 posts) -
#61 Posted by Elyk247 (371 posts) -

@thornie said:

Daaaaaaayyyyytttttooooooonnnnaaaaa

Haha, this is awesome. I think Phantasy Star 2 is my favorite, though.

#62 Posted by Nev (565 posts) -

Pretty much the entire Morrowind soundtrack. Still makes me tear up a little when I hear any of the songs.

#63 Posted by mattoncybertron (94 posts) -

this song....forever. there are many others, but I'd even like to have this incorporated into my wedding

#64 Posted by TobbRobb (4878 posts) -

A LOT.

#65 Posted by Tennmuerti (8175 posts) -

Anytime someone mentions favourite videogame music, the first thing that springs to mind for me is Hell March 2.

There are some great songs I remember over the years, the haunting Fallout 1&2 soundtrack, Elder Scrolls Theme evolution over the years, Mortal Kombat original theme, Hell March 1 as well. But in the end it's always Hell March 2 that floats to the top of my mind and sends shivers down my spine. Red Allert's 2 intro was was fucking EPIC!!!

#66 Edited by BoG (5192 posts) -

@mattoncybertron: I was going to come in here and say "everything from FFVIII,' and somehow I forgot Blue Fields, which I absolutely love.

So, my answer stands. EVERYTHING from Final Fantasy VIII.

AND SO MANY MORE THAT IT HURTS.

I own one video game related music CD: Final Fantasy VIII Piano Collections. I will never own any other video game related music.

I want to feel as if I've put something else here...

Something recent, I guess. Every once and a while, this song pops into my head.

AND ONE MORE VIII SONG FOR GOOD MEASURE

EDIT: And I didn't put ONE Castlevania or Mega Man song. WHY IS VIDEO GAME MUSIC SO AWESOME?

#67 Edited by villainy (615 posts) -

Yep.

#68 Posted by ConfusedOwl (983 posts) -

The theme for the opening stage in Megaman X. Played this game a lot.

#69 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2462 posts) -

Most JRPG's I've played have really great soundtracks that I still love listening too. (Persona 3/4, Kingdom Hearts, all of final fantasys, etc.)

#70 Posted by Little_Socrates (5731 posts) -

A ridiculous amount of games music is completely unforgettable to me. Stretching back the NES, Genesis and SNES.

#71 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

My manager hates it when I whistle this at work. Done it enough most of my co workers pick up on it half way though. 

#72 Posted by NegativeCero (3050 posts) -

Final Fantasy X was about the time I started playing games and I'll probably always remember its soundtrack.

#73 Posted by Nightriff (5474 posts) -

All the Ocarina songs from OoT. Song of Time is my favorite video game song ever and the Song of Storms is stuck in my head right now for no apparent reason. I will also throw in Slinger's Song from Bastion, God I love that song.

#75 Edited by zombie2011 (5096 posts) -

My favorite piece of video game music, when ever someone mentions video game music this always starts playing in my head.

#76 Posted by MURDERSMASH (251 posts) -

@Grillbar said:

duke nukem 3d, mario, and so many others

Hell yeah, Alex Kidd! Such great memories playing that on the ol' Master System with my mom.

As for one of my most memorable music pieces, there's a ton. Marathon 2's menu music kicks ass. A lot of the Mario games from the NES and SNES had awesome music. Starfox. Sonic 1, 2, CD, and 3 all had incredible soundtracks.

I gotta say, though. This one just stuck in my head, and just won't go away, even 15 years later. Had to buy it on iTunes, just to listen to it:

Frank Klepacki is a beast.

#77 Posted by takashichea (367 posts) -

I keep having this song pop up at random times, but most of time, it pops up when I'm studying.

I can never forget the dancing Goron in Ocarina of Time. Every time someone brings up Zelda in the discussion, I think of Saria and her song.

This soundtrack pops every time when I visit my neighbors because we used to play this game so much during the good old days. Since we didn't have a Rumble Pak, we had to keep replaying from the beginning. We only got up to Majin Castle.

When I go to school on my bike, I hum the Pokemon theme song to relax myself.

#78 Edited by MightyDuck (1526 posts) -

A lot of the music from FFVII is stuff I recognize. I couldn't tell you song titles or any of that, but I still remember it. Same goes with a lot of the tones and sound effects from Resident Evil 1.

The same thing goes with the menu music in NHL 95 and NBA JAM for the genesis.

#79 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

Cannot name all the unforgettable songs that I love.

#80 Edited by Zelyre (1291 posts) -

This. Times a million.

#81 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

The Xenon 2 theme, which is a version of Megablast (Hip Hop on Precinct 13) by Bomb the Bass

Funnily enough, the version that always springs to mind is the shitty synth version from the Master System, even though I primarily played it on my PC

#82 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

@Seppli said:

Obviously the entirety of Final Fantasy VI's OST.

Yes.

#83 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

The battle music from FF6. It's been like.. 8 years since I played that game last, but I can still hum the music perfectly. And I love it.

#84 Edited by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
#85 Posted by Dalai (7092 posts) -

Well here's my contribution.

#86 Edited by Zekhariah (695 posts) -

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

A lot of stuff in there I ended up liking, but in particular the song Isolated (by Chiasm) in the initial club was an amazing fit.

#87 Edited by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Were it so easy.

(also, like, all of Ocarina of Time's soundtrack)

#88 Posted by Loafsmooch (377 posts) -

Love

#89 Posted by Grillbar (1937 posts) -

@MURDERSMASH said:

@Grillbar said:

duke nukem 3d, mario, and so many others

Hell yeah, Alex Kidd! Such great memories playing that on the ol' Master System with my mom.

As for one of my most memorable music pieces, there's a ton. Marathon 2's menu music kicks ass. A lot of the Mario games from the NES and SNES had awesome music. Starfox. Sonic 1, 2, CD, and 3 all had incredible soundtracks.

I gotta say, though. This one just stuck in my head, and just won't go away, even 15 years later. Had to buy it on iTunes, just to listen to it:

Frank Klepacki is a beast.

oh yeah that on is so fucking great to but it also reminds me of this one wich is just as good

#90 Posted by RedCream (694 posts) -
#91 Posted by jerseyscum (964 posts) -

How am I the first person to post this?

#92 Posted by MAGZine (438 posts) -

Pretty much any Zelda/Mario/Battlefield theme song.

Particularly Clocktown, OoT opening screen, hyrule field.

#93 Posted by Hector (3382 posts) -

Anything from Zelda, especially Epona's theme.

#94 Posted by BeachThunder (12584 posts) -

This somehow always ends up finding its way into my mind...

#95 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

I played so much of this game that this song is burnt into my head.

#96 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Banjo-Kazooie music is just drummed into my head, especially Spiral Mountain. I think it's not only because I played the original Banjo-Kazooie a whole lot, but because it's been in ever single Banjo-Kazooie game. (Even the two GBA games which I can't find audio too)

#97 Posted by mellotronrules (1299 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

This somehow always ends up finding its way into my mind...

good god, how could i have forgotten? excellent call. also-

#98 Posted by Mnemoidian (999 posts) -

Parts of the XCOM: Terror from the Deep soundtrack will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Geoscape:

Battlescape:

#99 Posted by Village_Guy (2694 posts) -

So many of the Halo tracks...

Also the No One Lives Forever theme (because that game is just so awesome!)

#100 Edited by Asurastrike (2177 posts) -

Every song in both FF7 and FFX. I can identify which part of the game every song is from.