• 76 results
paparoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By paparoach

I am certainly looking forward to it, but what's the point? Who cares about video games right now?

I'd rather have Jeff, Vinny and Brad write up their thoughts and take the week off. It has to be an emotionally scarring period of 5 days, so they need to drink and recover.

I know that nothing can stop the Bombcast, but Ryan's passing is so much more than nothing.

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By darkstorn

They've never missed a bombcast. I have a feeling they'll do one in honor of Ryan.

Turbyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to hear from them, especially Jeff since he's keeping quiet but let them rest, Jeff doesn't seem collected enough to say anything yet.

Of course there isn't a need. It wouldn't surprise me if we got something though, even a short time of reminiscing.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

If there is no Bombcast for a while, I totally understand.

CrazedMaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By CrazedMaverick

"Hey everyone! It's Tuesday July the 9th, 2013 and you're listening to the Giant Bombcast. I'm Ryan Davis" D:

I kind of hope they have a podcast where they talk about all the great stories they have of Ryan. But seeing as how I'm bawling like an idiot about someone I've never met I can't even begin to imagine how horrible the rest of them feel. So wouldn't blame them if they skipped a week. or more.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just hope they know that any content or lack of content is completely fine. Subscribers like myself don't necessarily pay for the videos, podcasts, and articles, we pay for the people. And those people are in a rough place and need to do whatever they need to do.

I hope they know that whatever they feel is appropriate, we'll be right there with them.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I expect an extra long podcast dominated by Ryan talk. Best case we get a really long one, perhaps 5 man (if Alex and Patrick and in town yet. I expect if they aren't now they will be soon depending on when the funeral is) with only a scant bit of game talk here and there. It might actually resemble last weeks only with talk of good times rather than numbers stations.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nothing stops the Bombcast, and I'm pretty sure Ryan would want it that way.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I feel like they'll do a Bombcast. It'll be dominated by talk about Ryan if so I'm sure.

And if they don't do one, then I would understand completely and would be fine with that.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if there is i won't listen to it at work, or i will be crying like a baby

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mems1224

I hope they do one but wouldn't hold it against them if they didn't.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshthebear

I can hardly look at the forums without welling up, so I'm certain a Bombcast would break me.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can hardly look at the forums without welling up, so I'm certain a Bombcast would break me.

yeah same here, i was reading the comments on the article on the trainride to work this morning and fuck man

paparoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndrom: where is that ? (about the trainride)

Avatar image for ultraspacemobile
ultraspacemobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might be nice if, in lieu of bombcast, they posted a compilation of otherwise unusable audio, stuff we never knew Ryan said--you know, to honor the man and not the on-camera personality. Then again, that might be mushy. I would just like to know that Giantbomb, the company he helped found, though deprived of an inestimable asset, will persist.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndrom: where is that ? (about the trainride)

i live in belgium and i commute to work between cities.

ElmerGlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've never missed a bombcast to date, so I have a feeling they wont be breaking that trend. They might not follow the regular formula, instead they might do a public "in memory of Ryan" podcast.

paparoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndrom: oh yeah, sorry. I thought someone wrote an article about finding out about Ryan on a train ride. Never mind.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Whatever feels right.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Sure, if they feel like it. I don't pretend to know "what he would have wanted" and will gladly defer to his close friends and co-workers. I don't see why anyone other than those people should judge what the "right" thing to do in this situation is.

fheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It might be a nice way for them to commemorate Ryan to do it today, then take a break for awhile.

But at the end of the day, it's clear to see what an effect this has had on us, people who simply visit this site / listen to Bombcast, I can't imagine how hard it is for those who knew Ryan personally / interacted with him on a daily basis. If it was me, I don't think I'd be able to do it, it's to fresh :(

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should do what they feel is best. I would have no issues with them taking a week off or two.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd totally understand if there wasn't one, but I feel like they should do it for him. The Bombcast never misses a Tuesday.

fang273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkstorn: I'm pretty sure they've missed a bombcast.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing stops the bombcast, so in a way it would be fitting if Ryan did. Whatever feels right for the people involved.

Natep0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

However selfish, I feel the first Bombcast, TNT or Unprofessional Fridays will help bring some sense of.. not closure, but a sense that things will be okay, and I cannot wait for its arrival. This stupid site has, and continues to mean a lot to me and my world.

That said, my grief cannot feasibly come close to that of those who truly knew and loved the man, and I have no expectations set upon anyone at GB to put out any content anytime soon.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dudes....I dont know what the fuck I want.

I dont know what bombcast would do to me and how it would be run. Expect lots of editing from people chokeing up if they did one today.

I dont know what I want from videos in the coming weeks.

I dont know what to even do.

All Ill know....is Ill consume what they give me while all the time missing Ryan just like everyone else.

Its second day for me (UK) and it just isnt any diffrent from yesterday. I simply woke up knowing yet refuteing Ryans death...

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I just don't know man. I just don't fucking know.

But Jeff is an absolute trooper, and I think he's going to put one out - bless him.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if I'd have the stomach to watch a video/listen to a podcast, where they'd discuss Ryan's passing. I remember watching an episode from Late Night with Conan O'Brien, decicated to the 9/11 disaster. Seeing someone as comical as Conan break into tears...that was heart wrenching to watch. So imagining someone like Vinny do that...fuck.

Chalian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Personally I think they should take a week off. The only thing that they could possibly do this week would be a dedication to Ryan, but I imagine that would be incredibly hard to record right away.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I feel like anyone that thinks there HAS to be a Bombcast today is a pretty gross human being.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By abendlaender

What? Are you crazy? I don't even want to know how empty Jeff must feel right now, there should not be a Bombcast and if it should be like 5 minutes long just to keep the streak going. As far as I'm concerned they don't need to do a Bombcast for the rest of the month, I don't even know if I could listen to it

impostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By impostle

I agree with Abendlaender, I dont think I could listen to it if there even was one. I didn't even know him personally, and I cant stop blubbering every time I think of a funny quicklook or Bombcast with Ryan. I cannot even imagine how Jeff must feel, I hope he talks with other people, and finds some kind of peace.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

They've never missed a bombcast. I have a feeling they'll do one in honor of Ryan.

@jjor64 said:

If there is no Bombcast for a while, I totally understand.

Both of these at the same time.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By redcream

I don't know if anyone on the Bomb Crew has the will to talk yet after what just happened.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If there ever was a good reason to break the Bombcast streak, this is it.
The crew really shouldn't feel like they have to do one if they aren't feeling it.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Unilad

Ryan would want a Podcast. However, I cannot even begin to imagine how hard it must be for the crew. God bless them all, this is a terrible thing to have happened.

g6065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can only hope that the guys return when they're ready, and not a second sooner.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

Not a traditional Bombcast but I bet a short 15 minute thing explaining what happened and what their future plans are.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmatrix said:

Not sure if I'd have the stomach to watch a video/listen to a podcast, where they'd discuss Ryan's passing. I remember watching an episode from Late Night with Conan O'Brien, decicated to the 9/11 disaster. Seeing someone as comical as Conan break into tears...that was heart wrenching to watch. So imagining someone like Vinny do that...fuck.

Yeah, it would be super rough. Not sure I could take 2 hours of that. Then again, I'm sure they know what they can handle doing or not, so I'm sure they'll choose well.

They've never missed a week but it would feel fitting for them to take this week out.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you imagine how mad Ryan would be if they missed their first Bombcast release because of him?

I don't want a Regularly Scheduled Bombcast but I think a five-to-ten minute piece would be appropriate. But I completely understand and support the guys if they don't release anything for a while. I just hope CBSi doesn't dare prod them to resume routine.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PhilipDuck

Nope let them have the time off.. As if they want to do a podcast right now guys.

Sneeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sneeze

If they do, they do.

If they don't, they don't.

I'll respect them either way.

God dammit Ryan :(

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willin said:

Not a traditional Bombcast but I bet a short 15 minute thing explaining what happened and what their future plans are.

Yeah, I would expect they'll do a short obituary, maybe some memories they have of Ryan. I sure as hell don't see them wanting to joke around about video games this week, and it'd be weird if they didn't address what happened and where things go from here.

This is all really weird.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there is a Bombcast this week then expect it to be short and surreal. Most likely emotional. They might try to do one, but once they get in the room it might become to much for them and they abruptly stop recording. What they record could end up not even being posted because it was just them being on the verge of tears for an hour.

I hope they post something because Ryan always seemed especially proud of the fact that they never missed a week, but if they don't then I cant see anyone here holding that against them.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Eaxis

I wouldn't expect one at this moment, but I would like them to do one sometime to commemorate Ryan. You guys have done so much for us so please take the time you need.

Avatar image for irishmarkerhead
Irishmarkerhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they want to do one then that's fine, and if they don't then its completely understandable.

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cptbedlam: or a month man...I would still be okay with that.

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#50  Edited By TrashMustache

If there is a podcast it would have been recorded yesterday, which is when Ryan passed, so no i do not think they just sat down and recorded a podcast after hearing about his death that day, get real. When someone passes u might not even work for months, not that i'm implying this will happen but you shouldn't expect anything and if you do it's not very respectful towards Ryan.