Is there any way to watch the talk Jeff's giving in NYC?

• 61 results
hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I would love to watch it if its available. Hell, I'd even take an audio only version.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

It's going to be filmed by NYU and made available later according to the guy who is moderating the talk.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, thanks for the info dude. I'm looking forward to it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Excellent, I was worried we'd just get bootlegs.

Of the hottest show in town, apparently.

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By fauxical

Hello, Duders!

I attended the speech and this is just a small general recap of the two hour event.

- Giant Bomb plans on hiring two new full time editors in the near future (Jeff Green hype?). For editorial purposes. This has not been finalized from what was implied.

- Jeff wants to make the wiki on Giant bomb more noticeable and a more important feature on the site. Which is great because it is an important part of the site and one of my favorite features.

- Jeff brought focus to the recent lack of reviews and brought up that people look to videos more for insight on games they might purchase. Quick Looks are the future?

- Jeff has amazing hair in person.

Also we have to thank Vinny for Windjammers becoming so popular since he brought it to the attention on of Jeff apparently.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@fauxical: did you touch his hair? Was he wearing a tracksuit? Tell us more.

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fauxical

@humanity said:

@fauxical: did you touch his hair? Was he wearing a tracksuit? Tell us more.

He was wearing a tracksuit (I think?) and that one blue shirt he usually wears on live shows. Need to look at my photos and videos to be sure.

I can confirm another fact about Jeff - He hasn't entirely given up on his music based on a Q&A? Glad he likes hip hop being playing on the streets of the big city :)

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By TruthTellah

@fauxical: So, basically, according to all you've said...

Jeff Green and Danny O'Dwyer will be coming in to replace Jeff as he takes his amazing hair and goes off on the road performing big city rap for underprivileged children, and the new age of WikiBomb will be ushered in with a cleansing flame of Vinny-inspired Windjamming justice.

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fauxical

@fauxical: So, basically, according to all you've said...

Jeff Green and Danny O'Dwyer will be coming in to replace Jeff as he takes his amazing hair and goes off on the road performing big city rap for underprivileged children, and the new age of WikiBomb will be ushered in with a cleansing flame of Windjamming justice.

I don't think I could stand the full load of that. Jeff Green and Danny?!?

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Any rumors of Jeff Green joining Giant Bomb make me tingle. I don't care how far-fetched.

Did Jeff demonstrate his ability to go Super Saiyan? I know he doesn't like to show it off much.

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fauxical

There was a camera and I don't think anyone should worry. The entire event should be uploaded soon. They filmed the entire thing from what I assume.

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fauxical

Before people ask: Yes Alex was there and "fielded" a few questions but from shit seat. Big Rigs obviously.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TruthTellah

@fauxical said:

Before people ask: Yes Alex was there and "fielded" a few questions but from shit seat. Big Rigs obviously.

Poor Alex.

"Oh, and that other guy was there, too... "

No Caption Provided

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#14  Edited By Yummylee

I would laugh so hard if these two new hires turned out to be Kessler and his identical twin Lester. Fucking great to hear Jeff acknowledge the wiki, too. With how it's treated this days, you'd think it now only exists purely because ''well, we probably shouldn't get rid of it...''

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't feel completely comfort

@fauxical said:

Poor Alex.

No Caption Provided

Someone thanked Alex for introducing him to Gamespot and essentially Giant Bomb. It was more of an emotional deal.

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fauxical

For a final laugh Yoshis Island was playing in another room the entire time on a SNES on a big screen TV.

Somebody knew!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TruthTellah

@fauxical said:

@truthtellah said:

@fauxical said:

Poor Alex.

No Caption Provided

Someone thanked Alex for introducing him to Gamespot and essentially Giant Bomb. It was more of an emotional deal.

Oh, well then. Hurray!

No Caption Provided

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fauxical

Just a general reminder: The video will appear apparently on the following link below. Obviously Vinny, Drew and the entire GB crew are busy this weekend at PAX East. I assume it will be on Giant Bomb at some point.

http://vimeo.com/user6998742

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Humanity

@fauxical said:

Just a general reminder: The video will appear apparently on the following link below. Obviously Vinny, Drew and the entire GB crew are busy this weekend at PAX East. I assume it will be on Giant Bomb at some point.

Is there a separate feed for a camera that focused solely on Jeff's wonderful hair?

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

Thats gonna be interesting. I really want it to be Danny ... but that seems as unlikely as Jeff Green.

@fauxical said:

- Giant Bomb plans on hiring two new full time editors in the near future (Jeff Green hype?). For editorial purposes. This has not been finalized from what was implied.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Humanity

Thats gonna be interesting. I really want it to be Danny ... but that seems as unlikely as Jeff Green.

@fauxical said:

As I mentioned it in another thread, Danny just got "promoted" from GameSpot UK to the US team. He leads two very popular new shows on the site. As much as I like Danny, what would be the benefit of him coming over to Giant Bomb?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#22  Edited By Yummylee

@fauxical said:

@truthtellah said:

@fauxical said:

Poor Alex.

No Caption Provided

Oh, well then. Hurray!

No Caption Provided

Did you... did you do something to that image at all? I don't remember it looking quite that haunting... @_@

Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny just got his new show on Gamespot so he's not going anywhere soon. As long as guests on UPF when he can it'll be fine.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ottoman673

Can we stop the "ZOMG HIRE DANNY O'DWYER" train? He's a great guy and i enjoy the fuck out of him when he guests on certain QL's and UPF's, but he's extremely successful with his shows over on Gamespot, and since they already work in the same building, what would really be the point of that? I'm sure we'll still get a fair dose of him.

If I had to hedge a bet? Garnett Lee.

Regardless, can't wait to check this out.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really curious to see who the hires will be, i doubt it'ill be jeff green. id love it to fuck if it was.

my bet is its going to be a shock to everyone who they hire, because most of the notable people are already employed i believe.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I guarantee one of the editors will be a lady and a loud minority will lose their shit.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By freakin9

Can we stop the "ZOMG HIRE DANNY O'DWYER" train? He's a great guy and i enjoy the fuck out of him when he guests on certain QL's and UPF's, but he's extremely successful with his shows over on Gamespot, and since they already work in the same building, what would really be the point of that? I'm sure we'll still get a fair dose of him.

I think a lot of people on here are kids, who's logic sensors haven't fully developed.

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mrfluke: Yeah I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if they hired a big name for the site. At this point I'm much more interested in getting some new blood onto the scene.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Two new editors, huh? I couldn't tell you who those people are going to be, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say that they won't be Jeff Green and Danny O'Dwyer. Jeff already has his new job and Danny... Gamespot needs him more than Giant Bomb needs him.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fauxical said:

Also we have to thank Vinny for Windjammers becoming so popular since he brought it to the attention on of Jeff apparently.

Must have been when Vinny mentioned the game when they played Lethal League. Can't wait to see the archive!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#31 fisk0  Moderator

@humanity said:

@fauxical said:

Is there a separate feed for a camera that focused solely on Jeff's wonderful hair?

Wait, Vimeo? I thought they shut down last month, I got a whole bunch of emails with "THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO BACK UP YOUR CONTENT" headers back in February and March.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'm very much looking forward to this, it'll be a pre-show to the PAX panel. #giantbombnetwork

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mrfluke

@mrfluke: Yeah I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if they hired a big name for the site. At this point I'm much more interested in getting some new blood onto the scene.

i mean it would depend at least for me which big name they do get, like i dunno about garnet lee personally, but like adam sessler or Mark or John from 8-4 i think would be able to mesh well with the other staff, giant bomb to me lives or dies by the "chemistry" that all the staff have with each other, but i trust these guys to hire the right people.

behardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Jeff Green has gone unemployed and is now streaming for a living. He needs help. Also he is located in Berkeley, which is right across the bay from San Francisco. So he has already got the location,the experience, and THE HAIR!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By mosespippy

@behardy said:

Well Jeff Green has gone unemployed and is now streaming for a living. He needs help. Also he is located in Berkeley, which is right across the bay from San Francisco. So he has already got the location,the experience, and THE HAIR!

Jeff Green has a job. He works for the American Association of Retired Persons. Old people need games for health reasons and stuff, so he works on that.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@truthtellah said:

@fauxical said:

@truthtellah said:

@fauxical said:

Poor Alex.

No Caption Provided

Oh, well then. Hurray!

No Caption Provided

Did you... did you do something to that image at all? I don't remember it looking quite that haunting... @_@

Nope, it is as god made it. The haunting joy is all too real.

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fauxical

Ugh, I guess the video still isn't up yet. I forgot to elaborate on the whole Vinny Windjammers thing. Jeff bought an Omega Neo Geo MVS (basically modded as you might know after many sessions of them playing MVS games) and Jeff basically went on a wild search for a copy. This was probably around the time of this MVS livestream from last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6BrXS-D_80

People asked a lot of great questions and Jeff basically gave a small but brief vision of whats to come on Giant Bomb in the future. Also, I laughed when he revealed that they hired Vinny because they bought a bunch of video equipment ("I just bought the most expensive stuff they had! How do we make it work?!?") and couldn't figure it out how to work it.

One of my favorite parts was him explaining how to balance relationships with people in PR and game development from a journalists point of view.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@behardy said:

Jeff Green has a job. He works for the American Association of Retired Persons. Old people need games for health reasons and stuff, so he works on that.

If we can keep speculating wildly about new hires, I recall Vinny wanting another video producer on the crew, so what about my homeboy Homer Rabara? I watched him on the floor at last year's E3 and he did not disappoint. He seems like a cool dude.

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuud said:

@mosespippy said:

@behardy said:

If we can keep speculating wildly about new hires, I recall Vinny wanting another video producer on the crew, so what about my homeboy Homer Rabara? I watched him on the floor at last year's E3 and he did not disappoint. He seems like a cool dude.

Having an producer and cameraman that are able to travel around would be great. I can't imagine how much of a hassle or how pricey using 3rd party crews must be.

behardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuud: But Homer works as a Producer at GameSpot and I don't think he is going to be jumping ships anytime soon.

behardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fauxical: From what I know (which is not much) some video producers from GameSpot help around with video stuff when needed at GiantBomb. Good Examples: E3 and GOTY videos. But they can only do it when they got free time, so they don't do it all the time.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

For the fiends, there are two short clips from the beginning and end:

Part 1

Part 2

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By fauxical

I forgot to mention that the person who hosted the event was amazing and incredibly professional. Whoever you are duder I want to thank you for putting this beautiful event together and I hope you organize more amazing stuff in the future.

mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mjk0104

@nodima: I'm a fiend? Awww man, well, I suppose it's worth it, thanks for that :)

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TruthTellah

@nodima: Enjoyed that. Hope to see the rest soon!

(Also, Building the Transistor is exciting news!)

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima said:

For the fiends, there are two short clips from the beginning and end:

Part 1

Part 2

Oh man, now I just want the whole thing. That tiny piece was all it took to get me addicted.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to see the full thing now :/

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers