is there ever going to be new GB swag for sale?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Shadow

It's almost unfair.  These badass shirts and hoodies were on sale in the GB store for about a month.  I was waiting for my birthday to come so I could ask for some of them and then not a week before it finally came, they were pulled and replaced by a single shirt that I have no interest in.  And it's been there for over a year!  I mean that Oscar Mike shirt went up, but that's just a lame pun and to this day there remains no way to obtain clothing with Giant Bomb branding on it.  I want the whole world to know that I visit Giant Bomb and it's criminal.  CRIMINAL I SAY!  That there's nothing I can buy to accomplish that goal.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Make your own iron-on pattern. Problem solved.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@JJWeatherman said:
" Make your own iron-on pattern. Problem solved. "
This is a great suggestion. 

(I still have that Oscar Mike template that I never got printed.)
Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Not_Rage
Here is why there hasn't been any new shirts for sale. It's really a shame. I finally have some money and also want to get a shirt or hoodie.
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By VisariLoyalist

giantbomb does not comment on rumors and speculation.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By mrfizzy

agh i know, i am desperate for one of those hoodies. on the off chance that any of the staff are reading this thread, CREATE SOME MERCH AND WILL BUY IT!!! 

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

@Not_Rage
 Wow, that's a huge disappointment.  Not only did people get cheated, it likely soured them on ever doing Merch again.  I want my hat and/or shirt DAG GUMIT.

@JJWeatherman:
That's all fine and well for you talented knowing how to Iron on things people like yourself, but I'm a here's $10-30 and send it to me kind of guy.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf

I would just like to say that I have a hoodie. Be jealous.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By PeasantAbuse
@Not_Rage:
Did they ever find the guy?  I don't remember hearing about it.
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lemoncookie01

I want a T-shirt that says ''Always be Clothing'' on it.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Would buy.

...if I had a credit card.

But don't limit yourself to the bomb, all of Whiskey should be selling stuff. As in Tested and Screened.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By EnchantedEcho

They should just be selling the standard Giant Bomb logo T-Shirts and Hoodies all of the time, I want one : /

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BraveToaster

I'd buy a T-Shirt so I could hang it on my wall.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I'd kill for a hoodie ;)

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mrnitropb
@Not_Rage said:
" Here is why there hasn't been any new shirts for sale. It's really a shame. I finally have some money and also want to get a shirt or hoodie. "
Ok, sure but that was six goddamned months ago. I could teach myself to knit and make a fucking hoodie in that time. They are not Just giant Bomb, but Whiskey media, which is supposedly ran by actual business dudes. I mean in that time they leased a snazzy new office, with an awesome bar, surely they could find a reputable merchant to run with? Or hell, pull Matt off of QL and TNT, and make his ass start silk-screening stuff for us to buy to pay his non-salary.
jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By jim_dandy
@Mrnitropb said:
" @Not_Rage said:
" Here is why there hasn't been any new shirts for sale. It's really a shame. I finally have some money and also want to get a shirt or hoodie. "
Ok, sure but that was six goddamned months ago. I could teach myself to knit and make a fucking hoodie in that time. They are not Just giant Bomb, but Whiskey media, which is supposedly ran by actual business dudes. I mean in that time they leased a snazzy new office, with an awesome bar, surely they could find a reputable merchant to run with? Or hell, pull Matt off of QL and TNT, and make his ass start silk-screening stuff for us to buy to pay his non-salary. "
I am all for making Matt an actual slave.
FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By FightMeNerd

GIANT BOMB HAS A STORE?!

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Shadow
@BadNews said:
" GIANT BOMB HAS A STORE?! "
Heh.  That made me laugh.  Whiskery Media could make so much money with so little effort.  There is extremely high demand and no supply.
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Jeff said: 

" We've sold a few T-shirts in the past, but to be honest, those happened because we thought they'd be cool, not because we ever expected to make a huge profit on them.    "

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By andrela
@Sweep said:
"

Jeff said: 

" We've sold a few T-shirts in the past, but to be honest, those happened because we thought they'd be cool, not because we ever expected to make a huge profit on them.    "

"
Yes, but now they are looking into creating new revenue streams by putting ads on the site and possibly having a premium account. Merchandise would be an ideal way for the site to start making money, there's an obvious demand for it and t-shirts with giantbomb logos would create more awareness for the site
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By recroulette

Selling merchandise is a pain in the ass compared to just adding advertisements and other things.

While it would be good to have, you gotta realize that you really gotta have dedicated people to take care of that.
So much **** could go wrong with something, like the shirts up above.

Even if there was merchandise, you gotta figure out a way to try to advertise it without actually advertising it.
You don't want them to go "Oh hey, check out our store" every chance they get.

mrariscottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By mrariscottle

I'd love to get some Giantbomb merchandise and I certainly believe there is a potential market for their stuff, but it is up to them what they do and it may be too much effort and a waste of resources if it fails.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

After the Oscar Mike incident, I'm sure they're understandably cautious about doing stuff like this again. However, I'm also sure that they're very aware of the demand for stuff like this, and as the business grows more doors will surely open up for possible deals to provide this sort of stuff in the future.

Avatar image for white_silhouette
White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By White_Silhouette

I would love to be able to pick up a Lincoln Force t-shirt or hat. That or a BatmanBatmanBatman shirt. (however trying to license that would be a nightmare)

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mrnitropb
@White_Silhouette said:
" I would love to be able to pick up a Lincoln Force t-shirt or hat. That or a BatmanBatmanBatman shirt. (however trying to license that would be a nightmare) "
Yeah, how fucking awesome would it have been to got to ComicCon, and walk around with a BatmanBatmanBatman shirt on? People would freak.
nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By nickux

Despite the Oscar Mike problems I still think they should find a merch vendor- one that's reputable- and make some products. I would definitely but some. I think a lot of the GB community wishes to give back in some way and I think it could be a good way to bring in some revenue without putting in a subscription model to the site. How about this.. I'll let them hire me to facilitate all of the merch stuff from invoices, shipping, etc. All I ask is that me and Bomb Squad go jet-skiing every once and awhile.