#1 Posted by zeo12 (24 posts) -

This is the first time i download a full retail game, i started yesterday at 9 pm ( its 11:15 am at the moment ) and its 72. 89%, im worried that this is going to hurt my ps3, is this a normal practice when downloading games on psn?

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@zeo12 said:

This is the first time i download a full retail game, i started yesterday at 9 pm ( its 11:15 am at the moment ) and its 72. 89%, im worried that this is going to hurt my ps3, is this a normal practice when downloading games on psn?

PSN has all ways been kinda slow. What is your internet?

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14830 posts) -

@zeo12: I dunno how fast is you're internet and how big is the file? I've got a 20mb/s download speed and I downloaded inFamous 2 which is like 14 GB in like under 2hours.

#4 Posted by jimmy_p (278 posts) -

That is too slow, try pausing and resuming the download. I can usually get retail games in a few hours ( just downloaded Last of Us yesterday)

#5 Edited by Teoball (602 posts) -

I'm on a 8mbit dsl line and it took me almost 9 hours to download The Last of Us. The game is 26GB though.
My PS3 has been on since thursday night also, since I got the save bug and don't want to start over. So I'm not quitting the game until I've finished it.

your PS3 will be fine.

#6 Posted by sirdesmond (1240 posts) -

Over 12 hours, I've never had it go that slow. Are you rocking a weak connection or maybe an older model of PS3? I just downloaded Last of Us in about 3 hours.

#7 Posted by DeanoXD (608 posts) -

this isn't meant to start anything but for plus this month i downloaded x-com and vanquish and it only about 4 hours for both, but my xbl downloads are slow as shit on my 50 meg connection

#8 Posted by alternate (2704 posts) -

You don't say which game, as pointed out TLOU is a particularly large download.

#9 Posted by MildMolasses (3221 posts) -

@deanoxd said:

this isn't meant to start anything but for plus this month i downloaded x-com and vanquish and it only about 4 hours for both, but my xbl downloads are slow as shit on my 50 meg connection

That's odd. This is the only time I heard of someone saying that their psn downloads were faster

I downloaded Alan Wake in about 35 minutes a few weeks ago, and it probably took about 5 hours to do LBP Karting the other day. I had to leave my PS3 on all night to get Demon's Souls because it just fucking crawls along.

#10 Posted by zeo12 (24 posts) -

Thanks everyone for your suggestions (yes my internet is apparentely super slow for downloading full games) i decided to play multiplayer for the next week while it finishes the full download so i can start the story.

PS : multiplayer is a lot of fun, played this morning and got a trophy :)

#11 Edited by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

PSN is just slow. Things download like 10x slower for me compared to my PC or 360.

#12 Posted by DeanoXD (608 posts) -

@mildmolasses: To clarify xbl didn't start to be slow for me until maybe 6-8 months ago it use to be very fast, and PSN has never really been fast for me either but downloading those two games went really fast for me.

#13 Edited by SpaceRunaway (865 posts) -

Download speeds are wildly uneven across PSN for reasons that no one has ever seemed to figure out. Some people get good speeds and some people don't. It is a mystery.

#14 Edited by Barrock (3533 posts) -