#1 Posted by TheSoldier89 (14 posts) -

Hey guys Im fairly certain this is a scam but my mom who recently started using xbox live account (it was my brother's old account), recently she got a message from a person on the account's friends list talking about free ms points and you have to go to the xbl kings website. And the site is asking for xbox live account log in and password. She called me to asked what I thought. I told her I thought it was too good to be true but I also wanted to be more informed on the whole thing, so information my fellow bombardiers could help me out I really would appreciated it. Thanks

#2 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is.

#3 Posted by MikeJFlick (435 posts) -

Nothing is free in this world, number one lesson living in capitalism, so yes it's 99% chance it's a scam, theres a 1% chance that they are fishing for clicks to their website and will have you run around in circles and buy a magazine or something stupid to get said points.

point is, don't do it.

#4 Posted by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -

Any message on xbox live promising anything of any kind is a scam.

#5 Posted by TyCobb (1944 posts) -

If anything asks for log in information, especially the password, it is a scam.

#6 Posted by Xolare (1269 posts) -

Give me your Username and Password and let me check.

#7 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

Scam

#8 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

Tell your mom to never put in her password or username anywhere except in the Xbox itself or xbox.com.

#9 Posted by Akyho (1585 posts) -

It is a scam, they will log into the account, change the pass steal the account and if a credit card is attached ring that thing to max and sell it to some other sucker.

So when the feds crash onto the new account owner its a 13 year old boy who thought he was "getting a good thing" for $20

Dont do it, I have had people have this happen either they were stupid or have a brother/cousin use the account.

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (14521 posts) -

@TheSoldier89: Do NOT enter your password. All of those sites with "MS Point code generators" are SCAMS

#11 Posted by HistoryInRust (6269 posts) -

@Xolare said:

Give me your Username and Password and let me check.

#12 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5797 posts) -

That is most definitely a scam.

I had something similar happen to me when I used to play Habbo Hotel as a kid. Since I had no money, I was excited at the thought of getting free stuff. Woke up the next morning and couldn't log on ;____;

#13 Posted by OGred (196 posts) -

An obvious scam, official messages from xbox are not from gamertags. I just got an official one yesterday that had the message + an xbox banner where the gamercard would be.

#14 Posted by Fattony12000 (6962 posts) -

Set me your mum's digits, and I'll check.

#15 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1169 posts) -

NEVER give your Username/Password to ANYONE!

Have your mom tattoo that to her body!

#16 Posted by TheSoldier89 (14 posts) -

Thanks guys for the input I knew it to be a scam, I just wanted to confirm my misgivings.

#17 Posted by GaspoweR (2754 posts) -

@Xolare said:

Give me your Username and Password and let me check.

THAT'S A SCAM RIGHT THERE! Don't let the Hardcore Dave Avatar fool you! Everyone knows that the blue background is the authentic background!

#18 Posted by mcmax3000 (268 posts) -

Definitely a scam. File a complaint against the user on Xbox Live that sent you the message so you can alert Microsoft about it.

#19 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

@TheSoldier89 said:

Hey guys Im fairly certain this is a scam but my mom who recently started using xbox live account (it was my brother's old account), recently she got a message from a person on the account's friends list talking about free ms points and you have to go to the xbl kings website. And the site is asking for xbox live account log in and password. She called me to asked what I thought. I told her I thought it was too good to be true but I also wanted to be more informed on the whole thing, so information my fellow bombardiers could help me out I really would appreciated it. Thanks

What do you think, honestly? Of course, free points! Of course... just give out your email and password and you'll be set.

In other words, it's a fucking scam.