• 73 results
#1 Posted by flasaltine (1695 posts) -

Since the end of the Chrono Trigger Endurance Run.

From the end of the DP ER to the beginning of the CT ER was a year and six months.

So I hope that we can expect a new ER in June. Remember last summer when the staff did nothing but complain about how there were no games? Fill that vacancy with an ER.

#2 Posted by Drebin_893 (2926 posts) -

Well this is great.

#3 Posted by Hosstile17 (768 posts) -

Stop it.

#4 Posted by Abendlaender (2867 posts) -

Maybe it will help if we all write emails, right? That'll motivate them.

#5 Posted by Bane122 (808 posts) -

@Hosstile17 said:

Stop it.

#6 Posted by jimmyfenix (3859 posts) -

jeff gerstmann presents ni no kuni

#7 Posted by ChinaDontCare (111 posts) -

Endurance Run, POKEMON dont stop until the end POkemon Gym person

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

We all ready have one. Its the "No Er. Endurance run" 

#9 Posted by JoeyRavn (5007 posts) -

This is how it goes:

1. "Hey, guys, Giant Bomb needs to do an Endurance Run again!"
  2. Giant Bomb does an ER again
  3. "This is shit, I don't like this game, they should play Persona 4 again!!!"

You know it's true. So stop it.

#10 Edited by ElixirBronze (443 posts) -

I thought people moved on, stop expecting there to be an Endurance Run ever again guys. It only leads to disappointment.

#11 Posted by flasaltine (1695 posts) -

What are you talking about? All of the ER's have been great.

#12 Posted by MikkaQ (10335 posts) -

How have the anti-ER people not realized that they've been more annoying that those clamoring for an ER for years now? You stop it. They keep doing them so I don't see why they wouldn't do another one in the future if the right game comes along.

#13 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -

Both Deadly Premonition and Persona 4 were great Endurance Runs, did not watch the Chrono Trigger one yet but I might someday. Still it's my favorite feature on the site

I highly doubt we'll ever see another Endurance Run sadly, they don't seem to wanna make one, especially Jeff. He seems disgusted at the idea whenever it's mentioned

#14 Posted by ShaggE (6636 posts) -

Lest we forget, there was the impromptu Phantasmagoria ER. Maybe not officially an ER, but it was totally an ER.

#15 Edited by SeanFoster (882 posts) -

Don't hold your breath, duder. Closest we'll get is maybe they'll finish Blade Runner.

I actually wouldn't mind if instead of tackling large RPGs like previous Endurance Runs, they did 2-4 instalments of a much shorter game like Phantasmagoria or Blade Runner over the course of a few weeks.

#16 Posted by Shortbreadtom (848 posts) -

I think Vinny and Jeff could do a good job of presenting Ni No Kuni, but I wouldn't expect one in June. Jeff has said on his Tumblr that all the requests they get has deterred them from doing another so soon.

Also, why not just contribute this to one of the other million ER threads?

#17 Posted by flasaltine (1695 posts) -

Because I didn't want to bump and old topic and I wanted to make a special one to commemorate the end of the last ER and explain that waiting over a year for an ER is not uncommon.

#18 Posted by cutyoface (549 posts) -

They will finally do one when they are ready so asking wont help a thing.

#19 Posted by EuanDewar (5094 posts) -

i actually like ER request threads, they're so familiar at this point its almost comforting

#20 Posted by Yummylee (22292 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

Lest we forget, there was the impromptu Phantasmagoria ER. Maybe not officially an ER, but it was totally an ER.

Not to mention their ER of Bad Dudes :P

#21 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@JoeyRavn

This is how it goes:

1. "Hey, guys, Giant Bomb needs to do an Endurance Run again!"
  2. Giant Bomb does an ER again
  3. "This is shit, I don't like this game, they should play Persona 4 again!!!"

You know it's true. So stop it.

"GIMME A ENDURANCE RUN PLZ!"
"ARGH PATRICK IS IN IT GIANT BOMB IS TEH WORST!"
#22 Posted by ajamafalous (12129 posts) -
@Yummylee said:

@ShaggE said:

Best ER on the site. Fuck Karnov
#23 Posted by ShaggE (6636 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@ShaggE said:

Does one ever truly finish Bad Dudes, though?

#24 Posted by FritzDude (2279 posts) -

The longer you wait the better it become.

#25 Edited by johnaze (73 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@ShaggE said:

And let's not forget Drew and Alexis finishing the first 3 Halo games!

#26 Posted by VoshiNova (1735 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@ShaggE said:

I"M BAD!

#27 Edited by JoeyRavn (5007 posts) -

@Flacracker said:

You clearly didn't read the comments for the Chrono Trigger ER. Some people don't even consider it an ER proper. Not to mention the fact that Patrick's in it, and that seems to piss off some people a lot.

So, yeah. Stop.

@MikkaQ said:

How have the anti-ER people not realized that they've been more annoying that those clamoring for an ER for years now? You stop it. They keep doing them so I don't see why they wouldn't do another one in the future if the right game comes along.

Most people are not "anti-ER". We are "anti-stupid threads demanding an ER". The GB crew said that they'll do one whenever they feel it's the right time to do one. Forcing it won't get us anywhere.

#28 Posted by pyrodactyl (2282 posts) -

@Flacracker said:

Go read the comments on the last one. People got into some incredible nerd rage over Ryan and Patrick's attention disorder. I admit, seeing people being completly oblivious to classic gameplay mechanics is frustrating but the comments that came out of these videos were discusting.

No wonder they don't want to make another one.

#29 Posted by Branthog (5595 posts) -

I would like the duders to setup a fund through one of those charity websites that process the donations for you and then send them directly on to the receiving organization. Preferably Child's Play or something. Then say that if the community raises some crazy amount for that charity, they will finally do an Endurance Run of our choosing (well, they give us a list of options and we vote on them).

I mean, put it up and say "Alright, we'll do it if you collectively give $10k to Child's Play". I'll put in $20. I bet a lot of people would. Then they have the motivation to do it in that they're helping people and it could be a fun little project, instead of an absolute grudge to get through.

Then, make it a thing you do once or twice per year, as long as the donations reach the amount.

#30 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2195 posts) -

Brad, Ryan, Patrick on a P4: Golden ER shot over the shoulder. Hilarity ensues. Or maybe Yakuza 4?

#31 Posted by gkhan (477 posts) -

One game of Civ 5. It would be the longest ER ever.

#32 Posted by mosespippy (4378 posts) -

They started one yesterday with Brad May Cry

#33 Posted by Willtron (243 posts) -

Oh, God fucking dammit.

#34 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

People fucked it up. They might do a "Endurance Game" type thing. But after everyone being pissy at Chrono Trigger, they will never call it an Endurance Run again. Jeff played all of that 16 bit Whatever Earth game not two months ago.

#35 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

meh, no real interest. I can't think of a game out there right now I'd want to see in an ER format.

#36 Posted by BillyTheKid (486 posts) -

Confession: I have never watched one..... So they should still make one?

#37 Posted by BisonHero (6814 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

We all ready have one. Its the "No Er. Endurance run"

Also, we have "Brad May Cry", the stealth Endurance Run of Devil May Cry 1 (and beyond?).

Though that makes it a Premium Members Only Endurance Run, which is weird.

#38 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

I'd love an Endurance Run of Patrick doing this.

#39 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6401 posts) -

Damn, people really just lash out at the guy for asking about the Endurance Run. Look, I get that the staff finds it annoying for someone to make a thread everyday about the endurance run but I am a regular around here and I haven't seen one for a while so there's no reason to be complete dicks about one guy bringing it up.

#40 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Its been a year? Holy shit time has gone by fast

#41 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

@VoshiNova said:

@Yummylee said:

@ShaggE said:

I"M BAD!

WHERE'S THIS ER I NEED TO SEE IT.

#42 Edited by VaddixBell (270 posts) -

Any Pokemon game with the Nuzlocke challenge... the main rules of a nuzlocke challenge are

• Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
  • The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. (If the first encounter in the area is a double battle in dark grass, the player can choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch.)
  • While not exactly a definite rule, the general consensus is that players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.

It would be interesting to see Jeff and Vinny do something like this... but it would be interesting if they did a unique game or a very story focused game.

Edit: Also, I don't think they'll do another one and I'd rather they would do some more interesting things with the site.

#43 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

THERE WON'T BE ANOTHER ER SO STOP IT.

#44 Posted by flasaltine (1695 posts) -

I don't know why you people don't want there to be another ER and are so set on keeping it that way.

#45 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

The new ER is a meta-Endurance Run. Patrick is going to run articles that whip large chunks of the user-base into a frothing frenzy. The winner is the one who has a aneurysm last.

#46 Edited by Alkaiser (367 posts) -

Man, I forgot how much I was bothered by the "I don't care if you enjoy endurance runs, don't ever ask anything of the staff ever because apparently they're not grown ups who can speak for themselves running a business and they actually don't take input from their consumer base even though they claim they do so shut up shut up shut up."

Good to see things stay the same around here.

#47 Posted by shivermetimbers (787 posts) -

I'd personally opt for more original concepts then them just playing through a game and commentating over it.

#48 Posted by Devil240Z (3406 posts) -

SHUT YO MOUF!

#49 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2058 posts) -

Personally I don't see why they couldn't do the ERs more like how Gameinformer does their super replays. They only release 2 episodes a week that are each an hour long until they're done. This would make it easier on the GB crew since they wouldn't have to film every day and could even tape a few episodes before they even start so that they'd be ahead a little.

#50 Posted by Rowr (5824 posts) -

I think it has become clear that the staff at GiantBomb hate you and want you to suffer.