• 83 results
#51 Posted by Roger778 (957 posts) -

I buy one game a month because I'm on a tight budget. There's too many games I missed out on last year, so I will do my best to catch up this year.

Right now, the games I'm most excited about this month are Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite, however I plan to buy that game in April. I also want to get some microsoft points at Gamestop so I can download some story content for my games.

#52 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

I welcome dead months. So many god dam games in my backlog that I'm glad to have a few months where I'm not constantly being tempted by newer flashier games to suck me away. Ironically I say this as in another tab I'm hovering over the chekout button on a Zombie U Wii U Deluxe edition package, Lego City, and Monster Hunter. I'm a terrible person.

#53 Edited by Slag (4222 posts) -

@milkman said:

Fine by me. I need time to catch up on some games I missed from this year.

this.

#54 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

Stinks like poor people in here

#55 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@jz said:

Stinks like poor people in here

haha those poors, not buying every single game they're interested in!

PISH POSH, CLASSIST BULLSHIT AN ALL THAT

#56 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

I know, how do they even get out of bed in the morning?

#57 Edited by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

im getting the new gears on tuesday.

after that, i'll probably work on games that ive been meaning on getting, witcher 2, dark souls, a couple others. so im fine with the dead zone

#58 Posted by daveyd (7 posts) -

Speaking of wastelands, Wasteland 2 is coming in the Fall. Right now I'm really psyched for Shadowrun Returns which is due out in a couple of months. None of the upcoming big budget titles really interest me.

#59 Posted by Brodehouse (9770 posts) -

And Lo, they travelled the wasteland for 4 months, praying for the return of the hallowed New Releases. And ye, they heard rumors of deliverance; from the East, tales of the PS4. From the Northwest, myths of the legendary Durango. They gathered in the forum temples, fervently discussing their salvation, to be delivered upon them at the fabled appointed time... Holiday.

#60 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Thank the gaming gods I have a fat stack of unfinished 360 games.

#61 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6396 posts) -

I'll just do what I always do and play old/less well-known games. Why do people always act like some break time from new releases is a bad thing?

People, myself included, enjoy being part of the zeitgeist with newly released games and it's tough to do so when you're playing games everyone else has played. I play older games all the time (I don't think I've played a 2013 game yet), but this is just what I've garnered.

#62 Edited by altairre (1174 posts) -

I'm going to buy Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge when it comes out for PS3, Injustice (which is one of my most anticipated games this year) and maybe Metro. That sounds pretty good to me.

#63 Posted by TooWalrus (13153 posts) -

Why aren't you people playing Luigi's Mansion 2?

#64 Posted by TooWalrus (13153 posts) -

Soul Hackers is coming out in English, too. Hey people, the 3DS is pretty great.

#65 Posted by zels (206 posts) -

You folks are silly. Considering my backlog, I probably wouldn't notice if the last game ever was Bioshock Infinite. Oh, and on top of my backlog I'm replaying through the BG saga again, so there's that as well.

Currently playing: Planescape:Torment, BG2, Bioshock(1). It's crazy.

#66 Posted by Tesla (1916 posts) -

@zels: You've got the right idea my friend, I need to go back and play Planescape again. Never did finish it.

I rarely pay full price on release dates for games. As a result, I'll be buying Hitman, Tomb Raider, DmC, Metal Gear Rising in the coming months as they dip into that 20-30 dollar sweet spot.

Also dat backlog.

#67 Edited by Hunter5024 (5600 posts) -

Wow I don't think there's a single new release I want to buy until The Last of Us in June. Maybe Don't Starve. Guess we should prepare for a giant bomb content drought as well.

#68 Posted by MightyDuck (1521 posts) -

Resident Evil: Revelations and Grid 2 have me excited for May. I'm still debating on Injustice. I really enjoyed the last MK.

Eventually want to pick up Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider once they get cheaper too.

#69 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (264 posts) -

Yesssss, the dead months...I like these. ;D

#70 Posted by Ramone (2960 posts) -

Good, I have exams and assignments out the wazoo so I'll actually be able to concentrate on them.

#71 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3788 posts) -
@milkman said:

Fine by me. I need time to catch up on some games I missed from this year.

Same here. I haven't gotten to play Tomb Raider, DmC, or MGR yet. Waiting for price drops on them.

Just think, if things went according to plan we could GTA V right now as well. Crazy.

#72 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4184 posts) -

I'll just play the tons of games I could try on Wii U!

Nintendo Dreams..

#73 Posted by Rafaelfc (1324 posts) -

Speak for yourself.

I got Guacamelee, Deadly Premonition Directors Cut, Dead Island Riptide, Soul Sacrifice and Resident Evil Revelations HD all between april and may... Wasteland my ass!!

#74 Edited by Sanity (1896 posts) -

Yea, i could do with a few months of nothing coming out, i have stuff from 2 years ago i still should play.

#75 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

@jz: While I can see it as an issue for needing to generate fresh new content (probably less so for giant bomb, since they can just go old), for anyone playing games a realistic amount of time....... I don't get the reason for any complaints. It will probably end up being a lot of twitterings on the upcoming launch titles for the new console. But there is always more games to play, books to read, or trails to walk.

It will probably contribute to a exceptional overload on PS4/X720 related posts for every hour type update websites though.

#76 Edited by Hector (3357 posts) -

There's a bunch of games I'm getting in the coming months.

• Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers 4/16
  • Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 4/30
  • Donkey Kong Returns 3DS 5/24
  • Remember Me 6/4
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf 6/9
  • Last of Us 6/14
#77 Posted by kkotd (293 posts) -

I got the last few 3DS games I wanted, but right now my back log is about 27 games long... So... I'm really thinking about just waiting til November or atleast E3 before I buy another game. So the 'wasteland of no new games' doesn't bother me all that much. I'm probably going to be one of the crazy people buying the PS4 day 1, so... That wallet is tightening up a bit for a while.

#78 Edited by Trilogy (2648 posts) -

I'm going to use the break in new releases to catch up on the many games that peaked my interest this generation but never got around to. I'm just now getting into Dark Souls and I have both Condemned games on my shelf from when I bought them for cheap years back. I'd also like to play Kingdoms of Amalur, Darksiders 2, Far Cry 3 (yea I still haven't played it), and get back into some more X COM. I suppose there isn't any rush before the next generation comes out. It's not like those games will turn to dust on the eve of the ps4/720 release, but I guess I would just like to empty out the backlog before they do. Not to mention I really want to get a 3DS. The list of games I'd like to play on it keeps getting bigger.

Basically what I'm saying is that I'm covered in the"stuff to play" area of my life.

#79 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11587 posts) -

I find no issue with the release drought since I'm rarely playing new releases when they come out anyways. I'm playing through Final Fantasy XII International right now and that should take a decent chunk of time.

#80 Posted by mrfluke (5127 posts) -

its gonna be injustice in april and metro last light in may, after those is where the wasteland begins for me.

#81 Edited by MEATBALL (3156 posts) -

Got Fire Emblem hitting locally next month, at least. P4A finally gets released in May, which I'll definitely pick up. I also didn't get Dragon's Dogma last year, so I'll probably pick up Dark Arisen. There are some other games from last year that I want to catch up on, like Far Cry 3, Forza Horizon and Need for Speed Most Wanted (which I'm going to grab on Wii U), so it'll all be okay. I'll definitely miss the excitement that can come along with new releases though, March has been freaking crazy and awesome.

I wish Game & Wario had a release date for April or May, it would be the perfect time for it.

#82 Edited by tactis (353 posts) -

I think I am gonna buy Deadly Premonition and Injustice. I am also in the middle of finishing up all 3 mass effect games again lol.. And I need to start gears of war, maybe I will buy Tome Raider, Bioshock and Devil May Cry if they go on sale during the summer drought.

#83 Edited by me3639 (1747 posts) -

Are there people out there that actually only play new releases? Are there really no past games you either want to revisit or didn't get around to when they came out? No multiplayer games that you play regularly/every so often?

Also, not to piggyback, but yea does everyone just run through games now a days? I admit i am slowww player who does everything, ala Vinny, and i play everything on the hardest setting but seriously im looking at my backlog, mods, DLC and no way has there ever been, or ever will be a wasteland.

#84 Posted by cutyoface (542 posts) -

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut comes out in April and Persona 4: Arena in May. So I am fine.