#301 Posted by darkest4 (410 posts) -

I like you.

#302 Posted by Jimbo7676 (714 posts) -

Well it is hard for me to sort out my feelings with Dave leaving but I could not think of a better replacement. Rorie, your presence has been greatly missed. I expect you to be holding hands with Ryan Davis on Friday when the camera starts and for their to be gratuitous puppy videos playing throughout the stream.

#303 Posted by ZombiePie (5629 posts) -

Here's to the return of the Puppy Review System!

#304 Edited by csl316 (8354 posts) -

@zombiepie: Really, if anyone has any doubt about Rorie or doesn't know who he is, that sums it up perfectly. I say make it a Video Thing and toss it on a new user intro page!

#306 Posted by CashBailey (805 posts) -

Welcome back, Matt. I was genuinely bummed at the relative collapse of Screened, but the best possible outcome has finally been realised.

#307 Edited by FengShuiGod (1480 posts) -

Dave will be missed, but at least Rorie is back!

#308 Posted by the_purgatory_station (408 posts) -

New xbox? p-shaaw!

This is great news Rorie. psh.. You'll do fine, GameSpot, Obisdian, Screened Captain's Chair, dancer, etc.

So great to hear you back.

#309 Posted by RVonE (4623 posts) -

What is your opinion on the rampant alcoholism that plagues the canine community?

Man, that reminds me of how good that game is.

#310 Posted by smiddy (354 posts) -

It's been a long road, but it's great to have you back with the rest of the guys. This feels right and I can't tell you how much I look forward to seeing you on camera with everyone else. So make an appearance as much as you can!

#311 Edited by jiggajoe14 (664 posts) -

#312 Edited by oldjack327 (133 posts) -

Welcome back, Rorie. It really has been a long road...

#313 Edited by Deusx (1903 posts) -

Welcome back man! Can't wait to see more of your sad puppy face!

#314 Posted by Onced (107 posts) -

Welcome back, Rorie. You were genuinely one of my favourite guys back in the Whiskey era. I hope there's going to more fantastic puppy-related content in future!

#315 Edited by cmpLtNOOb (195 posts) -

Welcome back Rorie!

This news makes me very happy.

I expect an UNCOMFORTABLE amount of talking about puppies and Emma Stone.

#316 Edited by two_socks (229 posts) -

Good to have you back, Rorie.

#317 Edited by Rincewind (250 posts) -

I wouldn't have anybody else managing the product Rorie!

#318 Posted by WaiteyBulger (74 posts) -

@rorie: DARK SOULs endurance run, or some sort of endurance run and a hard game, welcome back!

#319 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

Welcome back Rorie, you're a cool dude!

#320 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

Hey welcome! really like your blog! I still remember your dark knight review-ish piece: its pretty cool!

#321 Posted by DeadPan (324 posts) -

I fucking love Matt Rowie

So fucking pumped for you dude. Welcome home :)

#322 Posted by Bunnyman (212 posts) -

Glad to see you again, Matt! This is your destiny.

#323 Posted by CaptNCoke (14 posts) -

Great to have you back Matt! Gonna miss Dave but sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too.

#324 Posted by sub_o (872 posts) -

So, is time for Matt Rorie to play Sleeping Dogs ? It has Emma Stone in it.

#325 Posted by HellknightLeon (463 posts) -

WB. Miss the shit out of Dave but damn happy you are back in it. Now.... GET TO WORK!

#326 Edited by Ostratego (35 posts) -

Dave and Rorie have never in the same room at the same time: think about it...

Naw, I'm just kidding. Welcome to the fold, Rorie!

#327 Edited by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Rorie, Giantbomb has always been your density. I mean your destiny.

#328 Posted by Aas (603 posts) -

@zombiepie: Wasn't there also a video about Rorie and Ryan's special relationship, with the hand-holding and so on?

#329 Edited by Rorie (2783 posts) -

@sub_o said:

I have actually been going through with that, but Emma seemed to have dropped out pretty quickly. I did the first mission with her, called her up for a date, and since then she's kinda disappeared. Maybe I broke the scripting for her; she referred to some stuff on the date that I didn't recall ever happening. We'll see!

Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys! Excited to be here and help out.

Staff
#330 Posted by Y2Ken (1110 posts) -

Welcome back to the team, Rorie. It's magical to have you on board once more - it's been too long.

Be sure to show up regularly on the livestreams!

#331 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

@rorie said:

@sub_o said:

I have actually been going through with that, but Emma seemed to have dropped out pretty quickly. I did the first mission with her, called her up for a date, and since then she's kinda disappeared. Maybe I broke the scripting for her; she referred to some stuff on the date that I didn't recall ever happening. We'll see!

Nope, that's it. She's just in that one mission. It's real weird considering that they probably paid a whole lot for her to be in the game and didn't really use her at all. The whole dating system in that game seems like it was something that the developers wanted to have in the game but ran out of time and/or money and just left in half finished.

#332 Edited by Anwar (862 posts) -

Get that man on the podcast and let him talk about Dark Souls 2. Can't wait for the QL, the Dark Souls QL is still amazing, especially Rorie running away from enemies and finding the next bonfire by chance.

#333 Posted by fetchfox (1256 posts) -

We'll all miss Dave, but it's great to have you back Rorie. Welcome home, we've missed your puppy shenanigans!

#334 Edited by dudeglove (7720 posts) -

@rorie: DARK SOULs endurance run, or some sort of endurance run and a hard game, welcome back!

Seeing as people are blazing through that game in less than 90 minutes nowadays, best to wait for Dark Souls 2.

#335 Edited by DutchMeat (64 posts) -

The site was definitely lacking a certain amount of puppy.

#336 Posted by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

For some reason this song pops into my head whenever I read the thread's title. You'd think it would be "The Long and Winding Road" or whatever but nope, it's this.

#337 Edited by Landmine (525 posts) -

It's as if this was planned all along... I'm thrilled and saddened at the same time. Welcome back Rorie. We missed you. Now we will go on missing Dave.

#338 Posted by Humanity (9017 posts) -

@rorie said:

@sub_o said:

All the dates in that game serve in lieu of tutorials so you never see them after 1 or 2 dates. It's a shame.. oh Emma..

#339 Posted by JCTango (1360 posts) -

It is great to see you back in the fold, Rorie :)

#340 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2103 posts) -

Its crummy that Dave is leaving, but I know i am really going to enjoy having Rorie around! :) Maybe a monthly or every couple of month Behind the Screened Door?