It's amazing how much better you get at this.

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Vitefish

I remember back on Christmas 2003 when opening up my gifts, I got Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. Man, that game was great. But at the time, it was hard for me, as I was only 7. It literally took me weeks to get the 90 goals required to unlock the pro challenges. 

So, taking a trip down memory lane, I popped the game back in my PS2 last night and beat the whole game within three hours. I was very disappointed. I can't imagine paying 50$ for this. I feel bad for the older folks who already knew what they were doing. Going home, booting it up, and beat it all in one sitting. 

So I ask you, have you ever popped in an old game and whiz through the parts you found difficult as a kid? Share your thoughts.

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Vitefish

I remember back on Christmas 2003 when opening up my gifts, I got Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. Man, that game was great. But at the time, it was hard for me, as I was only 7. It literally took me weeks to get the 90 goals required to unlock the pro challenges. 

So, taking a trip down memory lane, I popped the game back in my PS2 last night and beat the whole game within three hours. I was very disappointed. I can't imagine paying 50$ for this. I feel bad for the older folks who already knew what they were doing. Going home, booting it up, and beat it all in one sitting. 

So I ask you, have you ever popped in an old game and whiz through the parts you found difficult as a kid? Share your thoughts.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By PowerSerj

I used a custom character in THPS4 that had the biggest breast size possible. Awesome.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iam3green

yes, need for speed underground 1.  i played when i first got it and it took me like a week or so to beat. like a year later i wanted to play it and i beat it in about 6 hours. i was kind of surprised that it happened. it took me shorter and shorter to beat it.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dbz1995

I thought this was going to happen with Rayman. I'm finding it harder than ever before. Damn, that game is hard.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By guiseppe

Rayman is one hell of a hard game. I can't even do it these days, but if remember correctly it wasn't too hard for me when I was a little kid.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By nanikore

Although I'm Swedish/American I lived in Saudi Arabia during my early years (my father got work there). Most of the old PS1 games I played as a kid were pirated copies that you could get in the sketchy videogames shop for virtually nothing. They only worked on my chipped Playstation 1 though, and when I moved back to Sweden and the other newer consoles came out I sold my PS1. The pirated copies do not work with my backwards-compatible PS3, so I can't play any of my favorite PS1 games apart from the downloadable Crash Bandicoot games. ;<

I do remember one game that I just couldn't get through, but I can't remember the name of it...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

Tony hawk games especially actually, pro skater 2+3 i could only like get the high scores while usually missin the hidden tapes and such. Playin thru again ive 100% them both.
linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By linkster7

Remember playing monkey island not really being that fluent in English or in puzzle solving first time around (Kinda young at the time). 
Playing the updated one I plowed through it in one sitting.

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By ElectricHaggis

I actually did it with Tony Hawks 3.  Agent Under Fire is also pretty easy when you're not eight.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Absurd

I got Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 with my PS2 for christmas one year. Man, was I bad...

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By NoDeath

I remember playing Ace Combat 2 when I was like 6 or 7 and spending hours and hours on the game. I popped it in for nostalgia's sake a few months ago and beat it in about 4 hours - _-