• 186 results
Posted by Jeff (3425 posts) -

M.C. Kung-Fu is the greatest actor of this or any time. 
If you've been reading the message boards, you probably know that the guys that built Giant Bomb have been working on a movie site for some time now. Movies make a natural fit for the insane type of database that Whiskey Media builds, after all. Their hard work pays off today with the launch of screened.com. It's a website. About movies. (And eventually TV.)

That means that there's now one more site in the family that has an Ed Boon page, thanks to his credits on the Mortal Kombat films. But it also means that we now have pages for important films, like The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Mitchell, H.O.T.S., and Night Patrol. We also have new stuff like Iron Man 2, Tron Legacy, or Get Him to the Greek.

There will also be reviews and other movie news, and the editorial team is being headed up by Alex Navarro and Matt Rorie, two names you might recognize from their occasional appearances around these parts. Having Alex here in the building means I'm going to endlessly pester him until he agrees to review sports games.

So head over to Screened and get cracking! If you have an account on this or any of our other sites that has 1,000 points or more, we'll bump you up to the 1K mark to better facilitate your edits. This post has more details on how to partake.

In the meantime, I'm going to go make important edits to the City Dragon page. Wish me luck! Oh, hey, here's a video, too! 

Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3425 posts) -

M.C. Kung-Fu is the greatest actor of this or any time. 
If you've been reading the message boards, you probably know that the guys that built Giant Bomb have been working on a movie site for some time now. Movies make a natural fit for the insane type of database that Whiskey Media builds, after all. Their hard work pays off today with the launch of screened.com. It's a website. About movies. (And eventually TV.)

That means that there's now one more site in the family that has an Ed Boon page, thanks to his credits on the Mortal Kombat films. But it also means that we now have pages for important films, like The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Mitchell, H.O.T.S., and Night Patrol. We also have new stuff like Iron Man 2, Tron Legacy, or Get Him to the Greek.

There will also be reviews and other movie news, and the editorial team is being headed up by Alex Navarro and Matt Rorie, two names you might recognize from their occasional appearances around these parts. Having Alex here in the building means I'm going to endlessly pester him until he agrees to review sports games.

So head over to Screened and get cracking! If you have an account on this or any of our other sites that has 1,000 points or more, we'll bump you up to the 1K mark to better facilitate your edits. This post has more details on how to partake.

In the meantime, I'm going to go make important edits to the City Dragon page. Wish me luck! Oh, hey, here's a video, too! 

Staff
#2 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

LOVE IT

#3 Posted by mech4399 (106 posts) -

yeah! 

#4 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

Ah man alex ! woooo
#5 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

NAVARRO :U
#6 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Oh Jeff, I'm way ahead of you.  

I've already started the edits for the Twilight and Clueless wikis. Let's do this.

#7 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

Finally!

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19177 posts) -

Great website.

#9 Posted by Death_Burnout (3793 posts) -

Another Rorie inside joke! you guys are slaying me.

#10 Posted by Who_Dat (27 posts) -

So whats going to happen when TANG comes back ?

#11 Posted by AllanIceman (1322 posts) -

AlexN and The Boss of Bosses! I hope they stop by in some Quick Looks and the Bombcast!

#12 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Get HYPE bro 
This going to be sooooo very awesome

#13 Posted by Legend (2653 posts) -

Hell yeah!

#14 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Looks like they received a healthy turn out from Whiskey Media communities across the various sites.

Great stuff!

#15 Posted by Chris2KLee (2331 posts) -

AHHH YEEEEAAHHHHHHHH! IT IS ON!!!!!

#16 Posted by Fallen189 (4944 posts) -

Alex Navarro is greasy. Reaaaaaaal greasy

#17 Posted by JackRayner (8 posts) -

Alex fucking Navarro..... Sold

#18 Posted by V_Ben (108 posts) -

awesome. signed up!

#19 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2402 posts) -

What the-....really? Wow. Navaro, Rorie...whiskey media is crazy.

#20 Posted by InFamous91 (931 posts) -

sweet!

#21 Posted by cooljammer00 (1571 posts) -

I hear there will be pages for movie concepts.  It better be as expansive as TVTropes.  I want "And...his eyes open!" when the villain isn't really dead.

#22 Posted by Olivaw (1215 posts) -

I am already writing reviews!

Jesus H. this is going to consume me.

#23 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6389 posts) -

I am about to join the site.

#24 Posted by Windmills (43 posts) -

Don't worry Ryan, the "Helicopter Confrontation" page has been made.

#25 Posted by DixieNormus (9 posts) -

Alex Navarro = the most over-rated former GS staffer... by far... ever. Sad that something so cool goes to someone so not. 

Where is Carrie Gouskos when you need her?
#26 Posted by artofwar420 (6262 posts) -

Awesooooome. Boy it'd be cool if Alex were to review games on the side as well, kinda like old times.

#27 Posted by Alex (1980 posts) -
@DixieNormus said:
" Alex Navarro = the most over-rated former GS staffer... by far... ever. Sad that something so cool goes to someone so not.  Where is Carrie Gouskos when you need her? "
I love you too.
Staff
#28 Posted by Artemis_D (817 posts) -

Yay, Alex and Matt!

#29 Posted by MEBs (188 posts) -

Awesome! Whiskey Media continues to impress.

#30 Posted by mshaw006 (540 posts) -

I like the helicopter noise behind Ryan's voice.

#31 Posted by Brackynews (4050 posts) -
@DixieNormus said:
"Where is Carrie Gouskos when you need her? "
Making games.
#32 Edited by graf1k (413 posts) -
@mshaw006 said:

" I like the helicopter noise behind Ryan's voice. "

Well yeah dude, he's live from Bombcopter 6.....which is actually kind of weird considering the crew's hatred of helicopters. 

Anyway, the new site rocks but goddamn it, more quests to suck away my life?! Why does Whiskey Media insist on making me unproductive? Also, how about a universal registration/login across all the sites, chaps? It would be kind of nice...
#33 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4585 posts) -

I've been spending SO much time on that site today. My finals are going to suuuck.

#34 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

Yes! Just signed up. Looking forward to spending time on there.

#35 Posted by Sil3n7 (1177 posts) -

I just hope a movie turns out as bad as big rigs so I can see Alex lose his mind in a review again.

#36 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

Oh snap.

#37 Posted by Aarny91 (3912 posts) -

YAYYYYY

#38 Posted by SoOdd (8 posts) -

Good choice Ryan! I couldn't have stood up with Navarro winning that argument, 3 is so much worse!

#39 Posted by inspectah (87 posts) -

Alex !!!!!

#40 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -
@Who_Dat said:
" So whats going to happen when TANG comes back ? "
A Giant Bomb/Screened crossover?
#41 Posted by SimonM7 (129 posts) -

Matt is so excited about this, his face got bigger than his head!

#42 Posted by JauntyHat (323 posts) -

Guess I got to add another Whiskey Media sight to my favorites :)

#43 Edited by bybeach (4735 posts) -

Good to see you Alex! Hey, I want dinosaurs on your site. 

Never forgot that letter about dinosaurs you once got at G.S. in your Letterbag, or whatever that was.  That definetly sent you off into some pretty good commentary about what you thought about dinos in video games..lol.
#44 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

Just what I needed another website to slowly suck my soul away but they don't have a luchadeer.

#45 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

This is insane. 

And I thought Alex would never work at GiantBomb (sort of, anyways).

#46 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2324 posts) -

Finally another Whiskey site on a topic I care about. Imma fill in more of that Mitchell page when I get the time to re-watch the MST3k showing.

But if Dave is listening: please, add a black theme for the site. I can't stand all those bright white UI elements.

#47 Posted by conrow (68 posts) -

Whiskey Media needs to come up with a unified username system

#48 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

sheesh, now I've got 4 podcasts... giant bomb, tested, mobcast, and now tested.

#49 Posted by Tophat666 (229 posts) -

Star Wars Episode 1 or 2, which is worse (hint: 2 by a long shot)

#50 Posted by Wright (637 posts) -

Hooooly shit, Alex Navarro and Matthew Rorie! Now I will actually pay attention to this site.