I've been thinking about Wing Commander lately.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jost1

I kinda miss FMV games! Not the bad ones, like Sewer Shark. The GOOD ones - Wing Commander 3 and 4, Gabriel Knight 2, games like that. They offered some pretty unique experiences that simply weren't possible otherwise. Hell even Starcraft 2 dug deep into Wing Commander's between-mission gameplay to tell their own story and people clearly loved it, so why not bring it back?

What with Privateer having been released on gog.com recently it's been making me hope that some day, EA will revive Wing Commander and give it the proper FMV treatment. How awesome would that be? Think about it, a AAA Wing Commander reboot, maybe put Mark Hamill in there as an older officer.

If there's one series ripe for a revival, surely it's Wing Commander. It's been languishing for well over a decade now.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

Space flight sims in general need to come back. Sadly they may make it a kinect on rails game...

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Twisted_Scot

They need a real revamp. The Kiltathi or whatever they were called always reminded me of the Honey Monster from the cereal.

Tanikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Tanikaze
@mosdl said:

Space flight sims in general need to come back. Sadly they may make it a kinect on rails game...

Agreed, X3 is not enough :( I would probably throw up if I heard about a space flight sim and it turned out to be an on rails motion control game.
Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Jost1

@Twisted_Scot said:

They need a real revamp. The Kiltathi or whatever they were called always reminded me of the Honey Monster from the cereal.

Haha yeah a Kilrathi re-design is in order. They just look cuddly!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Night Trap 2.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mosdl

@josty81 said:

@Twisted_Scot said:

Haha yeah a Kilrathi re-design is in order. They just look cuddly!

And that is how you get Wing Commander the movie :)

You would think Lucasarts would smarten and release a HD XWing/Tie-Fighter pack.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

There is not a day goes past where I don't start thinking about Wing Commander.

Jeaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Jeaz
@mosdl said:

Not just the space simes, the space opera sims!
Games like Wing Commander, X-Wing Alliance and Freespace springs to mind and are sooo missed. Good space sims with an engaging story. (Freespace series is cheap over at gog.com btw for old nostalgics like me.)