I've been up to stuff?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima

I'm at a loss of what to do at the moment, so I guess I can write out a little blog-a-doodle-doo. I've been playing some video games lately, not all of them Street Fighter-related, so that's pretty cool.

I realized that Dead Space was almost a year old, and that I hadn't beaten it yet, so I started a new game and beat it twice. I still need to go through on Impossible and get the remaining couple of achievements for that game, but yeah it's totally awesome. I'm not sure what deterred me from finishing it when I bought it last Halloween, but if I would have known how awesome the end-game is for Dead Space it would have been a top contender for 2008 Flavor of the Year. I bought DLC for it to make my Impossible difficulty run easier (had some MS points left over from something else), including the Tank suit which grants 60% armor, and the Steam Punk Force Gun. There's also of course the credit glitch you can do on a couple of chapters which should help me upgrade all my junk all over again.

With my remaining Microsoft Points, I purchased Shadow Complex. I put it on easy since that seems to be what I do nowadays (maybe I'm getting old and feeble), and blew through the game 100% in 5 hours time. I still need to beat the game with less than 13% items, beat the challenge room thingies, and also get to level 50. Those shouldn't be too hard, although since I'm probably not willing to change the difficulty to normal even, it'll take quite a few playthroughs to get to 50. My thoughts on the game, it's actually pretty average. I know I'll probably get lynched for this, but honestly it had way too much unfounded hype, there was no way it could live up to it. It's no Symphony of the Night OR Super Metroid, and the latter of those two games I don't even like. And besides, no music. DEAL BREAKER. I should have got Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Damnit.

I also purchased Left 4 Dead used on the cheap (20 bucks brao!) and I've been having a good time with that, picking up achievements I left behind this past January when I last played it. I played through with my buddy N1COLAS CAGE on various occasions, further cementing that he is better at all video games than most people (including me).

To wrap up the game talk, there's quite a few interesting games coming out in October, including: Brutal Legend, Forza 3, and Borderlands. I'll probably only pick up one of these games next month, and I'm very heavily leaning towards one of them...so try to guess which one that is. The answer may surprise some people who don't know me very well.

I just finished watching Crank 2: High Voltage on Bluray, and I have to say it's as fantastic as I imagined it being. The film crew for these movies continues to amaze, with high shoot quality and amazing shots in general, and of course the movie is absolutely insane. A dude cuts off his own nipples, and then proceeds to have band-aids over them for the rest of the movie. I think I've said enough.

Fitness is going along well, I start on a very strict 8-week plan Monday, so today and tomorrow are big days of rest in preperation for then. I'm absolutely stoked about my workout schedule, and that's what I've been occupying myself with mostly, so if I haven't been on Xbox Live and playing Street Fighter with you guys, I apologize -- more important things are on the life horizon for me. Not that Street Fighter isn't important.

I'm drinking a blue Gatorade at the moment, I can't imagine what it would be like if I was blue/red colorblind, is that even possible? Well if it was, I'd constantly mistake nasty fruit punch flavored Gatorade for delicious "mountain" flavor. I guess this is what mountains are supposed to taste like? I'll leave you on that thought. Peace.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lordofultima

I'm at a loss of what to do at the moment, so I guess I can write out a little blog-a-doodle-doo. I've been playing some video games lately, not all of them Street Fighter-related, so that's pretty cool.

I realized that Dead Space was almost a year old, and that I hadn't beaten it yet, so I started a new game and beat it twice. I still need to go through on Impossible and get the remaining couple of achievements for that game, but yeah it's totally awesome. I'm not sure what deterred me from finishing it when I bought it last Halloween, but if I would have known how awesome the end-game is for Dead Space it would have been a top contender for 2008 Flavor of the Year. I bought DLC for it to make my Impossible difficulty run easier (had some MS points left over from something else), including the Tank suit which grants 60% armor, and the Steam Punk Force Gun. There's also of course the credit glitch you can do on a couple of chapters which should help me upgrade all my junk all over again.

With my remaining Microsoft Points, I purchased Shadow Complex. I put it on easy since that seems to be what I do nowadays (maybe I'm getting old and feeble), and blew through the game 100% in 5 hours time. I still need to beat the game with less than 13% items, beat the challenge room thingies, and also get to level 50. Those shouldn't be too hard, although since I'm probably not willing to change the difficulty to normal even, it'll take quite a few playthroughs to get to 50. My thoughts on the game, it's actually pretty average. I know I'll probably get lynched for this, but honestly it had way too much unfounded hype, there was no way it could live up to it. It's no Symphony of the Night OR Super Metroid, and the latter of those two games I don't even like. And besides, no music. DEAL BREAKER. I should have got Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Damnit.

I also purchased Left 4 Dead used on the cheap (20 bucks brao!) and I've been having a good time with that, picking up achievements I left behind this past January when I last played it. I played through with my buddy N1COLAS CAGE on various occasions, further cementing that he is better at all video games than most people (including me).

To wrap up the game talk, there's quite a few interesting games coming out in October, including: Brutal Legend, Forza 3, and Borderlands. I'll probably only pick up one of these games next month, and I'm very heavily leaning towards one of them...so try to guess which one that is. The answer may surprise some people who don't know me very well.

I just finished watching Crank 2: High Voltage on Bluray, and I have to say it's as fantastic as I imagined it being. The film crew for these movies continues to amaze, with high shoot quality and amazing shots in general, and of course the movie is absolutely insane. A dude cuts off his own nipples, and then proceeds to have band-aids over them for the rest of the movie. I think I've said enough.

Fitness is going along well, I start on a very strict 8-week plan Monday, so today and tomorrow are big days of rest in preperation for then. I'm absolutely stoked about my workout schedule, and that's what I've been occupying myself with mostly, so if I haven't been on Xbox Live and playing Street Fighter with you guys, I apologize -- more important things are on the life horizon for me. Not that Street Fighter isn't important.

I'm drinking a blue Gatorade at the moment, I can't imagine what it would be like if I was blue/red colorblind, is that even possible? Well if it was, I'd constantly mistake nasty fruit punch flavored Gatorade for delicious "mountain" flavor. I guess this is what mountains are supposed to taste like? I'll leave you on that thought. Peace.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64
@lordofultima: I think the game you are going to buy is Forza 3.  I think I read that some where on here.  Anyways, glad you picked up Dead Space.  I still need to buy that game.  I've always wanted to get it but, never got around to it.  Also, glad to see you doing some fitness stuff.  I should to......

P.S.  Gatorade is awesome and SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORYUKEN!!
Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

what about red and blue gatorade mixed!

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

Band-aid nipples? Yep that movie sounds just as "awesome" as the first.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By wefwefasdf

I'm glad to here everything is going well for you. Good luck on your 8 week plan. Don't give up! :)

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

COMPLETELY agree with you on Shadow Complex, I want to get to level 50 before I write up a review but damn, I thought it was an average game.
Also Stang keeps saying I need to play you because apparently I need to get destroyed by someone else on these boards as well.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I'm hoping that one game is Brutal Legend!

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By sjschmidt93
Arrhg... I really need to see Crank 2. 

(I've been playing Monkey Island....)
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lordofultima
@SJSchmidt93: Yeah I might do a whole playthrough of the first chapter of Tales of Monkey Island, since you know -- I got it for free. lol.
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lordofultima
@Metal_Gear_Sunny: Brutal Legend looks cool as hell but it probably falls behind both of those other games in the order that I want them. So yeah, it's Forza 3.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@lordofultima: Aww.  :(

Oh, well. It's your money.
GweedyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By GweedyJ

Well my guess was to Forza 3. I should do a play through of deadspace.