I've never played Persona.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bulldog19892

It's true. I know. However, the more I read the more interested I become. Which one should I start with? Is it a running story or is each one different like Final Fantasy?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

I was new to the series too, but I got my first start with Persona 4. I'm pretty sure story-wise, they are not connected so you won't be lost in whichever one you pick up. I haven't played Persona 3 yet, but I can say that Persona 4 could be a great one to start off on.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

Persona 3 FES or Persona 4. Take your pick.  Both are great choices.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Story-wise, the connections are minimal. Persona 3 and Persona 4 take place in the same universe, and there are a few references to P3 in P4, but prior knowledge of the universe is not necessary to enjoy the game.

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By jlrm01

I'd recommend Persona 3 FES first, then Persona 4, because there are many enhancements in P4 (battle-wise, navigation, etc.) and you might find their absence in P3 very annoying if you play P4 and then play P3. They are both awesome, in my opinion (but I like P4 more). However, you should try P3 FES first, and if you love it, then play 4.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PercyChuggs

Play Persona 3 if you like to watch the computer fight battles for you.

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By brydello

I've never played Persona either, yet I have Persona 3 sitting on my shelf, unopened.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By kush

I would recommend Persona 3: FES and then Persona 4. The many small changes from 3 to 4 may make it difficult to go back to 3...

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Coltonio7
Kush said:
"I would recommend Persona 3: FES and then Persona 4. The many small changes from 3 to 4 may make it difficult to go back to 3..."
I don't know what Kush is talking about. I bought Persona 4 off Amazon (( Thanks again Jeff )) but while I was waiting for it to get here I picked up Persona 3. I got halfway into 3 when 4 arrived and...man...I like 3 a lot more. I think it's mainly the weather system that bothers me in 4. The moon system in 3 felt much more 'on time', and I never felt rushed! But I'll probably finish both, they're both GREAT games.