Avatar image for bigdaddygamebot
bigdaddygamebot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By bigdaddygamebot

Yeah, yeah...he's been disbarred but that's precisely what he wants you to think. 
Last week clued me into his masterplan and it's quite chilling.  His masterplan
is this; continue to exercise his "anti-gaming influence" in his secret role as CEO for Gamestop.

Yeah, that's right.  No...I'm not crazy and here's why.  There once was a time when you could go into a Gamestop/Electronics Boutique and find the game you're looking for.  If they didn't have it, they could order it in for you.  At the end of the whatever manner of transaction occured between you and the store, you felt like they wanted to get that game into your hands. 

Things have changed somewhat since then.

Valkyria Chronicles.  A Sega produced, Japanese/Manga flavoured, turn-based, strategy/RPG with an alternate universe World War II window dressing.  Pretty niche title.  There was a time when if you wanted a niche title like that, you really only had one option.  Gamestop/Electronics Boutique.  Sometimes when you went in to ask for the title, the guy behind the counter actually knew what you were talking about which in turn might evolve into an awkward conversation with him sharing far too much information about his personal life.  Most of the time you'd get this...

In this case, this cow probably knows more about videogames than the average Gamestop/Electronics Boutique sales associate but I'm sure you get my drift.  Even when the sales associate had no idea what game you were talking about, you could point over their shoulder and say, "That one...RIGHT there."  Shortly thereafter...you had your niche game and you were on your way.

That's just not the case now.  No one and I mean NO ONE knew anything about Valkyria Chronicles.  I got, "Isn't that a cartoon?" and "I think that got delayed to February."  Which still isn't THAT bad because society is getting more and more apathetic, uniformed and ignorant every day.  It's not a huge surprise that the state of the planet is reflected excellently in the quality of service you get in retail.  No...the worst part is that when I went across the street to buy diapers at Walmart...RIGHT there in the PS3 section is my Sega produced, Japanese/Manga flavoured, turn-based, strategy/RPG with an alternate universe World War II window dressing...game.  Right there.  Next to Little Big Planet and Motorstorm 2.  Turns out...if you want a niche title; Walmart is now the place to shop.  The very best part is that as I was walking out I saw this in the DS section of the store.

What is this?  Well...if a niche game became sentient, got a job and had money to buy a game...and it wanted to play a niche game that isn't actually a game; this is the niche fuckin' un-game it would buy.

This       ---------------------->

So how does this circle back to good old Jack?  Here's how.  Jack is pulling the strings behind the scenes at one of the "leading videogame retailers".  He's staffing the stores with morons, douchebags and fanboys...oh yeah, and sluts.  Which are great to distract someone who wants to buy a game but can't because they didn't preorder it even though it's RIGHT THERE on the shelf.  He's making it more and more difficult to buy a game at Gamestop and Electronics Boutique.  Infact, the best part is that the company is called GameStop.  See, some people might think "GameStop" means, "Hey...it's a convenient place to stop and buy a game to satisfy my everday gaming needs!"  Wrongo.  It means "Game...STOP.  Halt.  Nein ze buyin der gamen-funne." 

Well played, Jack.  Well played...

...and the local Gamestops & EBs STILL don't have Valkyria Chronicles...or Korg for that matter.

Avatar image for bigdaddygamebot
bigdaddygamebot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigdaddygamebot

Yeah, yeah...he's been disbarred but that's precisely what he wants you to think. 
Last week clued me into his masterplan and it's quite chilling.  His masterplan
is this; continue to exercise his "anti-gaming influence" in his secret role as CEO for Gamestop.

Yeah, that's right.  No...I'm not crazy and here's why.  There once was a time when you could go into a Gamestop/Electronics Boutique and find the game you're looking for.  If they didn't have it, they could order it in for you.  At the end of the whatever manner of transaction occured between you and the store, you felt like they wanted to get that game into your hands. 

Things have changed somewhat since then.

Valkyria Chronicles.  A Sega produced, Japanese/Manga flavoured, turn-based, strategy/RPG with an alternate universe World War II window dressing.  Pretty niche title.  There was a time when if you wanted a niche title like that, you really only had one option.  Gamestop/Electronics Boutique.  Sometimes when you went in to ask for the title, the guy behind the counter actually knew what you were talking about which in turn might evolve into an awkward conversation with him sharing far too much information about his personal life.  Most of the time you'd get this...

In this case, this cow probably knows more about videogames than the average Gamestop/Electronics Boutique sales associate but I'm sure you get my drift.  Even when the sales associate had no idea what game you were talking about, you could point over their shoulder and say, "That one...RIGHT there."  Shortly thereafter...you had your niche game and you were on your way.

That's just not the case now.  No one and I mean NO ONE knew anything about Valkyria Chronicles.  I got, "Isn't that a cartoon?" and "I think that got delayed to February."  Which still isn't THAT bad because society is getting more and more apathetic, uniformed and ignorant every day.  It's not a huge surprise that the state of the planet is reflected excellently in the quality of service you get in retail.  No...the worst part is that when I went across the street to buy diapers at Walmart...RIGHT there in the PS3 section is my Sega produced, Japanese/Manga flavoured, turn-based, strategy/RPG with an alternate universe World War II window dressing...game.  Right there.  Next to Little Big Planet and Motorstorm 2.  Turns out...if you want a niche title; Walmart is now the place to shop.  The very best part is that as I was walking out I saw this in the DS section of the store.

What is this?  Well...if a niche game became sentient, got a job and had money to buy a game...and it wanted to play a niche game that isn't actually a game; this is the niche fuckin' un-game it would buy.

This       ---------------------->

So how does this circle back to good old Jack?  Here's how.  Jack is pulling the strings behind the scenes at one of the "leading videogame retailers".  He's staffing the stores with morons, douchebags and fanboys...oh yeah, and sluts.  Which are great to distract someone who wants to buy a game but can't because they didn't preorder it even though it's RIGHT THERE on the shelf.  He's making it more and more difficult to buy a game at Gamestop and Electronics Boutique.  Infact, the best part is that the company is called GameStop.  See, some people might think "GameStop" means, "Hey...it's a convenient place to stop and buy a game to satisfy my everday gaming needs!"  Wrongo.  It means "Game...STOP.  Halt.  Nein ze buyin der gamen-funne." 

Well played, Jack.  Well played...

...and the local Gamestops & EBs STILL don't have Valkyria Chronicles...or Korg for that matter.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

So how does this relate to Jack?

trav3ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By trav3ler

Hahahaha, well played.

This is why I never buy games there anymore.  I have to take my business to another soulless corporation (Best Buy),  but at least the employees at my local best buy know what the FUCK they're talking about.  The girl behind the counter at Gamestop didn't know what Gears of War 2 was.