Jack Thompson might be disbarred from FEDERAL court!

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By damnboyadvance
It's all right here! Wouldn't it be great? A world free of Jack Thompson forever, no matter what?
Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Icil

I was free for a year+ until you reminded me that he still exists =)

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

Assuming he does get disbarred I take it he would then be banned from appearing in any court within the borders of the USA as a legal representitive? ie. He wouldn't be able to prosecute as a lawyer or defend someone in court as their lawyer?

If so that is some good news but I fear more that if it occured we would still see Jack Thompson in video game related lawsuits. He isn't the only person out there who is very much anti-video games industry and anti-violent video games. He just so happens to be a sort of figure head, but apart of me can't help but feel if this occured then he would only end up getting fellow supporters of his cause to lobby his case for him in the courts.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

Hooray, he will preach lies no more! Then again, I just looked something up on Wikipedia that has some relevance...

Wikipedia said:

"In the United States legal system, disbarment is specific to regions; one can be disbarred from some courts, while still being a member of the bar in another jurisdiction. However, under the American Bar Association's Model Rules of Professional Conduct, which have been adopted in most states, disbarment in one state or court is grounds for disbarment in a jurisdiction which has adopted the Model Rules."
Essentially, disbarment in one state means you can't practice it in most others. But when have facts ever stopped Jackie from doing what he does? His logic is a bastardized one, a logic I simply cannot follow.